ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #8356
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND
 
STANIMAL's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago
Oddometer: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by uska View Post
^ March 29.
Thank you . Now just have to wait for secret coordinates.
__________________
If it don't have tits, spark plugs or gun powder, it don't interest me. ---Moose Dog
If you don't organize your tools, you're a terrible person.---Aghartha
You twatwaffles who enjoy fucking duffelbags full of deer antlers, simply stay out of the thread. ---Hardware02
I'm ignorant, but happy---steyr_scout308
STANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #8357
Moose Dog
Trouble maker
 
Moose Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Land of the Lincoln
Oddometer: 3,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore View Post
Same land that is free to ride until later, when you gotta shell out for lawyer fees?

Andrew Gore
Never said it was free, I belong to clubs, all my riding is on legal land where I pay and work to ride, I'm allowed to bring a guest, please refrain from accousing me of being a trespasser in the future, it don't sit well with me.
__________________
Forest City Riders club member
Moose Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #8358
andrewgore
Team MGH
 
andrewgore's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: NW Suburbs, IL
Oddometer: 3,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Dog View Post
Never said it was free, I belong to clubs, all my riding is on legal land where I pay and work to ride, I'm allowed to bring a guest, please refrain from accousing me of being a trespasser in the future, it don't sit well with me.
Easy there Moosey. Didn't mean to touch a nerve. Normally being elusive about a riding location is unspoken code for "not 100% legit riding location". Coulda just said "I can invite a friend or two to XXXX Location, if up for some hard core off-road riding, shoot me a PM and we can sort it out." and left it at that. Though that doesn't maintain the mystical aspect of things.


If anyone is interested, 99% sure I'll be heading out to Racine Indoor MX next Monday. It's 20$ (member or not). Only downside with Mondays is that they have a few more people there as its 1/2 off to ride. You can still get plenty of ride time. Other downside is the sessions are kinda short. Those MX guys just can't handle riding more than 5 minutes.

Andrew
andrewgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #8359
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!
 
OU812's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Buffalo Grove IL and Killing Threads...
Oddometer: 8,844
Let's keep it cool Guy's.
No need to get the Mods involved.
__________________
AMA, NRA, AFL-CIO Forrest City.
Getting Old ain't for pussies....................Lorazapam
Even when you do something right people will think you didn't do anything at all.
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #8360
2whlrcr
gooligan
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Oddometer: 5,519
I thought Moose rode down the street from his house?
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #8361
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!
 
OU812's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Buffalo Grove IL and Killing Threads...
Oddometer: 8,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
I thought Moose rode down the street from his house?
That was his old house.
__________________
AMA, NRA, AFL-CIO Forrest City.
Getting Old ain't for pussies....................Lorazapam
Even when you do something right people will think you didn't do anything at all.
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #8362
Moose Dog
Trouble maker
 
Moose Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Land of the Lincoln
Oddometer: 3,103
Hey, when you get arrested on the front step of your house, handcuffed, put in a jail cell for 6 hours with a dozen or so crackheads and criminals, finger printed and treated like an animal over a cell phone picture, you'll get a little "sensative" about being a trespasser.
__________________
Forest City Riders club member
Moose Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #8363
Bultaco206
Back-to-back motos suck
 
Bultaco206's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mineral Point, WI
Oddometer: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
That was his old house.
Did he ever take the wheels off of that one?
__________________
'07 DL650, '06 DR650, '06 KLX351, '97 DR350, '83 XR350R (vintage GP racer), '74 Bultaco Alpina (trials)
Bultaco206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #8364
2whlrcr
gooligan
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Oddometer: 5,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bultaco206 View Post
Did he ever take the wheels off of that one?
doubtful
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:38 AM   #8365
Bronco638
Nobody Home
 
Bronco638's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Itasca, IL
Oddometer: 3,560
At the rate things are going, Good Friday will have flurries with a high of 35
__________________
There are some simple thruths......and dogs know what they are - Joseph Duemer

Andy holds the lead. And he will, all the way to the Highway. Today is his day.
Bronco638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #8366
Skinner
Mr.KTM
 
Skinner's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Lake county Il
Oddometer: 5,593
Hey I just saved $16,500

So, I have been in contact with Sam a woodstock KTM for a couple weeks waiting for the new KTM 990 to arrive. Iwas told it will get here Friday and be assembled. Ready for Saturday. We discussed prices for an aftermarket exhaust etc. I told him to get the bike together on Friday and I would be there first thing Saturday to put a deposit and need a week to get together the rest of the cash ( total of $16,500), everything seamed to be great!
So, I get an email from Sam, no phone call this time, that says gee wiz I'm sorry but I took a deposit on that bike today! Now granted I did not put a check down as the bike was to show up today and being a new model I wanted to see it first. But told Sam I was 99% done and will be bringing a check Saturday morning.
It just felt quite sleazy to not call after all the discussion and ask if I'm in or out. I would have called in a credit card or drove out instantly! I was told the bike would be assembled today ready for me for Saturday morning!
Just quite the poor customer service Sam! I appreciate the support for CDSR but my next bikes will be purchased elsewhere .
__________________
You might be an ADVRider if:

You recognize your friends by the sound of their mufflers.
http://www.meetup.com/Chicagoland-Du...torcycle-Club/
www.jimstarwaltteam.com
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #8367
andrewgore
Team MGH
 
andrewgore's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: NW Suburbs, IL
Oddometer: 3,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
Hey I just saved $16,500

So, I have been in contact with Sam a woodstock KTM for a couple weeks waiting for the new KTM 990 to arrive. Iwas told it will get here Friday and be assembled. Ready for Saturday. We discussed prices for an aftermarket exhaust etc. I told him to get the bike together on Friday and I would be there first thing Saturday to put a deposit and need a week to get together the rest of the cash ( total of $16,500), everything seamed to be great!
So, I get an email from Sam, no phone call this time, that says gee wiz I'm sorry but I took a deposit on that bike today! Now granted I did not put a check down as the bike was to show up today and being a new model I wanted to see it first. But told Sam I was 99% done and will be bringing a check Saturday morning.
It just felt quite sleazy to not call after all the discussion and ask if I'm in or out. I would have called in a credit card or drove out instantly! I was told the bike would be assembled today ready for me for Saturday morning!
Just quite the poor customer service Sam! I appreciate the support for CDSR but my next bikes will be purchased elsewhere .
Man that sucks. I'm sure they've heard 1000 times "I'll be there tomorrow with a deposit.", only to have the person never show up. Major suck though, especially since you've been in communication with them. Their loss though.

Maybe check out: http://www.teammcc.com/ in Villa Park? I'll be going there for when I get my Ducati. Heard lots of good things about them.

Andrew
andrewgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #8368
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND
 
STANIMAL's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago
Oddometer: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
Hey I just saved $16,500

So, I have been in contact with Sam a woodstock KTM for a couple weeks waiting for the new KTM 990 to arrive. Iwas told it will get here Friday and be assembled. Ready for Saturday. We discussed prices for an aftermarket exhaust etc. I told him to get the bike together on Friday and I would be there first thing Saturday to put a deposit and need a week to get together the rest of the cash ( total of $16,500), everything seamed to be great!
So, I get an email from Sam, no phone call this time, that says gee wiz I'm sorry but I took a deposit on that bike today! Now granted I did not put a check down as the bike was to show up today and being a new model I wanted to see it first. But told Sam I was 99% done and will be bringing a check Saturday morning.
It just felt quite sleazy to not call after all the discussion and ask if I'm in or out. I would have called in a credit card or drove out instantly! I was told the bike would be assembled today ready for me for Saturday morning!
Just quite the poor customer service Sam! I appreciate the support for CDSR but my next bikes will be purchased elsewhere .
Next stop , MCC.
__________________
If it don't have tits, spark plugs or gun powder, it don't interest me. ---Moose Dog
If you don't organize your tools, you're a terrible person.---Aghartha
You twatwaffles who enjoy fucking duffelbags full of deer antlers, simply stay out of the thread. ---Hardware02
I'm ignorant, but happy---steyr_scout308
STANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #8369
Skinner
Mr.KTM
 
Skinner's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Lake county Il
Oddometer: 5,593
I understand the deposit , but had arranged for me be there Saturday morning! At least the courtesy of a phone call is what gets me feeling unloved! Phone calls back and forth every other day up until today when I get chicken s--- email, a simple you still coming in the morning? Can you come out now?
__________________
You might be an ADVRider if:

You recognize your friends by the sound of their mufflers.
http://www.meetup.com/Chicagoland-Du...torcycle-Club/
www.jimstarwaltteam.com
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #8370
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND
 
STANIMAL's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago
Oddometer: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
I understand the deposit , but had arranged for me be there Saturday morning! At least the courtesy of a phone call is what gets me feeling unloved! Phone calls back and forth every other day up until today when I get chicken s--- email, a simple you still coming in the morning? Can you come out now?
I agree , but he's a ''used car'' salesman .Doesnt understand what it takes to sell a 16,500 in a good economy or a bad economy . Its hard to believe someone would handle it this way ,but there you go . I am going to guess he/they lost you as a customer . Try MCC , I think you'll like their wisdom and service .
__________________
If it don't have tits, spark plugs or gun powder, it don't interest me. ---Moose Dog
If you don't organize your tools, you're a terrible person.---Aghartha
You twatwaffles who enjoy fucking duffelbags full of deer antlers, simply stay out of the thread. ---Hardware02
I'm ignorant, but happy---steyr_scout308
STANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014