ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #8371
spdjnky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
That sort of thing pisses me off Skinner. All he had to do was call and say " I have a guy here that wants the bike. I'll need a deposit via cedit card or in person in the next 48hrs please".
I've been dealing with MCC for almost 20 years and still do. Head that way.
Good luck.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #8372
prof-fate
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
I understand the deposit , but had arranged for me be there Saturday morning! At least the courtesy of a phone call is what gets me feeling unloved! Phone calls back and forth every other day up until today when I get chicken s--- email, a simple you still coming in the morning? Can you come out now?
I dont know the KTM dealer or the Sales...uhhh, 'guy', but I DO know the scenario. And may I add a GIANT:
DUH.
You keep referring to the deal you had set for 16.5. Why, a >RATIONAL< person would ask, would the saleslug not at least give you a call or chance to firm up the deal with a deposit???

Answer: The Salesslug is NOT rational (and prob not ethical....redundant, I know). In all likelihood, he found a walk-in wanting it that had more money than brains. You need not speculate as to how much more over 16.5----would a total jerk sell it out for 16.6? perhaps. 17? Yeah. 17.5 plus maybe some accy's.....OH YEAH.

I'm a presently a little oversensitive to this type of situation --just this week I had a signif (to me) purchase unwind after I made the purchase. It was paid for by credit card, the deal closed, the email with details the sale sent and a sep email with a confirmation sent. The next day I rec'v a 'generic' email that some of the info for my credit card didn't match the cc company and the sale was cancelled. When I called to RIP them, they claimed my billing and shipping info did not match ---even though both were listed in the confirmation email (and matched). Of course the item had already been 'resold' and was no longer avail. UH HUH. No more business to them.
john m
prof-fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #8373
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!

Oddometer: 8,742
Just plain old Douchebagery!
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #8374
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,342
YOU WERE GOING TO SPEND $16.5K ON A BIKE!!!!

FunMart in Moline will probably get you the best deal. They blow KTM's cheap. Well as cheap as a$16.5 bike can be.

2whlrcr screwed with this post 03-22-2013 at 04:27 PM
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #8375
Moose Dog
Trouble maker

Oddometer: 2,973
Call this guy Jim before you go all "Rambo" on Woodstock H.D./KTM/Triumph, that bike bike is hot and hard to get right now.

Ken Weinstien 847-337-3511, he put together the whole KTM deal and is the head salesman there.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #8376
Smudge!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
Hey I just saved $16,500

So, I have been in contact with Sam a woodstock KTM for a couple weeks waiting for the new KTM 990 to arrive. Iwas told it will get here Friday and be assembled. Ready for Saturday. We discussed prices for an aftermarket exhaust etc. I told him to get the bike together on Friday and I would be there first thing Saturday to put a deposit and need a week to get together the rest of the cash ( total of $16,500), everything seamed to be great!
So, I get an email from Sam, no phone call this time, that says gee wiz I'm sorry but I took a deposit on that bike today! Now granted I did not put a check down as the bike was to show up today and being a new model I wanted to see it first. But told Sam I was 99% done and will be bringing a check Saturday morning.
It just felt quite sleazy to not call after all the discussion and ask if I'm in or out. I would have called in a credit card or drove out instantly! I was told the bike would be assembled today ready for me for Saturday morning!
Just quite the poor customer service Sam! I appreciate the support for CDSR but my next bikes will be purchased elsewhere .

I would gladly put you in contact with Nic at FMC in Moline, Il. Please Tell him Smudge sent you.

877-389-7540
Smudge! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #8377
Smudge!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Dog View Post
Call this guy Jim before you go all "Rambo" on Woodstock H.D./KTM/Triumph, that bike bike is hot and hard to get right now.

Ken Weinstien 847-337-3511, he put together the whole KTM deal and is the head salesman there.

Yep east of Rt 47, do you know what the sales tax is there????
Smudge! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #8378
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!

Oddometer: 8,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge! View Post
Yep east of Rt 47, do you know what the sales tax is there????
We pay for the county we live in. Not where ya buy it.
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #8379
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge! View Post
I would gladly put you in contact with Nic at FMC in Moline, Il. Please Tell him Smudge sent you.

877-389-7540
I tried that and they wanted to charge me more?
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #8380
GSJon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
I tried that and they wanted to charge me more?

ADVMax: BMW's do not break down - they fail to proceed.
GSJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #8381
Moose Dog
Trouble maker

Oddometer: 2,973
This is the last weekend I'm staying inside working on my house, from next weekend till november, it's ride,ride,ride.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #8382
Bronco638
Nobody Home

Oddometer: 3,493
I'm not feeling any of the "love" you guys gush about @ MCC. Every time I'm in there, the sales guy (that's as tall as he is wide) is rude to every one in sight (customers & employees - he must be the owner). Just a total ass. The parts guys are great (which is why I go back) but I'd never buy anything from them, ever.

Andy holds the lead. And he will, all the way to the Highway. Today is his day.
Bronco638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #8383
Skinner
Mr.KTM

Oddometer: 5,574
Quote from another potential buyer
Quote:
Hi Jim. After last Saturday I really want 690 so I emailed Sam nextlday.Waited couple of days no response.No problem I called, talked with Kevin ( nice guy) left message and today still no response.Ok I understand busy people and all.So I called today and talked to Sam.Here is my deal on Saturday I've heard him say they go out the.Door for 10200 and today he said 10800.Not a deal beaker but afterYour experience I'm scared to go ahead with the purchase.
That's disappointing as well, I was quoted msrp would be my the out the door price$14,855 plus my extras, then just wednesday I was told it will now be $500 higher? I was even ok with that sam said he made a mistake, that happens, but it happened to you as well. I hope we get some good stories from there soon. I want them to make it! Maybe just getting their feet under them? The Ktm guys anyways, the Harley side has been quite established.

Hey Sam, I understand multiple buyers on a single product, I sell homes for a living and deal with this every day, next time a simple phone call at the time would have been professional. No sour grapes here, I'm over it but please step up a bit in professionalism, or maybe you will be so successful that you won't need to be? Good luck moving forward, I'll stop in a give ya another chance, sales is a tough business to be in. Sure wish I was riding today it looks nice out!
Jim
Not going Rambo, not meaning to anyway I really want to make a deal with them, They seamed very nice, probably just getting organized still I guess.

You recognize your friends by the sound of their mufflers.
http://www.meetup.com/Chicagoland-Du...torcycle-Club/
www.jimstarwaltteam.com
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #8384
Skinner
Mr.KTM

Oddometer: 5,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore View Post
Man that sucks. I'm sure they've heard 1000 times "I'll be there tomorrow with a deposit.", only to have the person never show up. Major suck though, especially since you've been in communication with them.

Andrew
I agree Mr Gore! But The conversation had been consistent all week He knew I was to be there in the morning even acknowledged it in his email to me.

Jim,

I regret to inform you that the 990 Baja is no longer available. I know you were planning to stop by tomorrow and see it but we have already taken a deposite on the unit.

I am sure you do not want to wait that long but I have another unit scheduled to be delivered in July.

Thanks
Sam

Fair enough, I understand, but really, a 1 minute phone call and the bike would have been sold either way. Just a little miffed I guess, wife was buying for me for 50th b-day. I'll find one elsewhere or maybe I'll save a bunch of $$$ and find fully farkled used one.

Nice enough response from Sam,

POST HIS SIDE ALSO IN ALL FAIRNESS
Jim,

I noticed you were a little upset with the outcome of your potential bike purchase, and rightfully so. I wanted to apologize. But please, I just want you to look at it from my point of view. I only get 2 of these bike for the whole 2013 model year. I get give you an incredible price of 16500 and then ask if you want to put down a deposit and you tell me no, you need to see the bike first. Which is completely understandable. But it's really hard for me to turn a customer away that is sitting right in front of me ready to write a check.

I just wanted to apologize. I appreciate the opportunity and regret that we did not live up to your expectations.

Sincerely,
Sam

Sorry I started this: maybe we can just move on and give them another chance, I wanted their attention, that there is more at hand than the deal at your desk! I wish them much success.

You recognize your friends by the sound of their mufflers.
http://www.meetup.com/Chicagoland-Du...torcycle-Club/
www.jimstarwaltteam.com
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #8385
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND

Oddometer: 2,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco638 View Post
I'm not feeling any of the "love" you guys gush about @ MCC. Every time I'm in there, the sales guy (that's as tall as he is wide) is rude to every one in sight (customers & employees - he must be the owner). Just a total ass. The parts guys are great (which is why I go back) but I'd never buy anything from them, ever.
He's not the owner , he is the sales manager. Be rude to him , it will all work out.
I'm ignorant, but happy---steyr_scout308
STANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote