ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #8491
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
No title can be a killer....
Tell me about it...thats whats up with the 250...its a street legal bike, but no title...and no lights right now because i was a dumbass and messed up one of the stator coils... If i could get a title for it i would totally rock it on the roads...which would invole a large investment in new seals for the forks, rear shocks, and seeing about the oil system and making lines up for that...
bogieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #8492
spdjnky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
onlyone i see is no title for half that... http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/mcy/3684646350.html
Sorry man the one I saw has been deleted.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #8493
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Yeah oh well... Im not really ready to buy yet anyways...like i said i need to get rid of the 250 first...
Old 03-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #8494
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND

Oddometer: 2,893
Quote:
Yeah oh well... Im not really ready to buy yet anyways...like i said i need to get rid of the 250 first...
Talking about it wont help . Throw it up on CL or here . It will be a good starter/beater bike.
I'm ignorant, but happy---steyr_scout308
STANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #8495
Moose Dog
Trouble maker

Oddometer: 3,545
Camper comes out of storage Saturday, gotta get it ready for Aztalan's opening day April 6th., hopefully the track will be ridable and we spend the weekend up there.

Leaf River Dual Sport Ride looks good at this point, most of it is marked already, just need sunshine and warm temps.

75' CB125S
02' CRF50
Moose Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #8496
TheOtherBart
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco638 View Post
Thanks for the idea (kstoo) and the offer of blades (prof-fate) but I no longer have access to a table saw.

I have a Metal Supermarket close to me but they have banker's hours; 9-3 or 10-4 (closed weekends).

Thanks for the ideas, though.
SONOFABITCH!!!!!!

Dude, I'm sending you a PM with my phone number again. How addled am I that you never ended up with my tablesaw? Call me and we'll figure out a time to get together.
TheOtherBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #8497
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANIMAL View Post
Talking about it wont help . Throw it up on CL or here . It will be a good starter/beater bike.
Yep, gonna soon... Now that its warm i can probably get a bit more for it...LOL
Old 03-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #8498
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

i am curious your thoughts on this stanimal.... theres a 79 ke250 frame on ebay right now for about 140 shipped, with title...you think most everything from the 75 f11 would be able to be make useable on there like the forks, swingarm, and i can figure out engine mounting if need be....
Old 03-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #8499
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND

Quote:
i am curious your thoughts on this stanimal.... theres a 79 ke250 frame on ebay right now for about 140 shipped, with title...you think most everything from the 75 f11 would be able to be make useable on there like the forks, swingarm, and i can figure out engine mounting if need be....
Its possible , the problem is that you need to find a person that has intimate knowledge of those bikes and then ask that question. Its too old of a bike for me to know that without experience in doing that swap .Do some research and ask around , maybe ask on Thumpertalk .
Old 03-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #8500
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Its possible , the problem is that you need to find a person that has intimate knowledge of those bikes and then ask that question. Its too old of a bike for me to know that without experience in doing that swap .Do some research and ask around , maybe ask on Thumpertalk .
im thinking its not worth the effort...if i got the frame, i would have to swap everything over, then figure out how to make the bits that dont work, work, then fix the lights, (and all the wiring...i would probably rewire the whole thing at that point) get the oil injection working again, etc... too much work for the summer... i want to ride not work...LOL

now if i could only get my ke100s rich top end figured out...i think i need a new air filter, since it breaks up bad in the top end with everything together, but with the side cover (thats covering the carb, lovely design for a carb...shove it in a box) off, it runs like a scolded cat (as much as a little low compression 100 can...LOL)
Old 03-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #8501
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND

Quote:
im thinking its not worth the effort...if i got the frame, i would have to swap everything over, then figure out how to make the bits that dont work, work, then fix the lights, (and all the wiring...i would probably rewire the whole thing at that point) get the oil injection working again, etc... too much work for the summer... i want to ride not work...LOL

now if i could only get my ke100s rich top end figured out...i think i need a new air filter, since it breaks up bad in the top end with everything together, but with the side cover (thats covering the carb, lovely design for a carb...shove it in a box) off, it runs like a scolded cat (as much as a little low compression 100 can...LOL)
You are learning . I can look at the KE for you , if you like . Will be in the all day tomorrow .
Old 03-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #8502
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
You are learning . I can look at the KE for you , if you like . Will be in the all day tomorrow .
like i said, pretty sure its just the air filteras it runs fine with that out of the loop, if theres one thing i know, its engines...LOL i have been working over 5hp briggs for 15 yrs now, thanks to having a gocart...LOL the smokers are new ground though, since ya cant just deck the head, and mod the cam profile to make it go faster... gotta factor squish, port time (like messing with the cam but totally different at the same time...) an engine needs but 4 things to run... fuel, air, spark, and compression... and its getting them all, and running fine down low, just breaking up in the top end, and gets worse as you go in the gears, so its load based, probably getting too much gas....and i will be getting a fresh plug for it too, its pretty carboned up from the oil... just need some spring maintenance is all...
Old 03-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #8503
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND

Quote:
like i said, pretty sure its just the air filteras it runs fine with that out of the loop, if theres one thing i know, its engines...LOL i have been working over 5hp briggs for 15 yrs now, thanks to having a gocart...LOL the smokers are new ground though, since ya cant just deck the head, and mod the cam profile to make it go faster... gotta factor squish, port time (like messing with the cam but totally different at the same time...) an engine needs but 4 things to run... fuel, air, spark, and compression... and its getting them all, and running fine down low, just breaking up in the top end, and gets worse as you go in the gears, so its load based, probably getting too much gas....and i will be getting a fresh plug for it too, its pretty carboned up from the oil... just need some spring maintenance is all...
Good luck , keep us posted.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #8504
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Good luck , keep us posted.
will do, should be pretty simple....
Old 03-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #8505
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!

Oddometer: 9,140
Quote:
will do, should be pretty simple....
Smokers typically are.
Have you adjusted the needle if it has one?
OU812 is online now   Reply With Quote