ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #91
GSFletch OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
hey guys, i heard that there was a wreck this morning is everyone still here?
GSFletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:58 PM   #92
drhach
gorillamanufacturing.com

Oddometer: 2,073
The lady on NPR this morning commented that there were three. When we turned the radio on I heard her say "and there's another motorcycle accident.." the wasy she sounded it was as if to say " those stupid bikers are ruining everything". I started to get mildly irritated. We go unseen as it is but then to be treated as an annoyance on top of it. My self-righteous switched was just about flipped. Then she started talking about how everybody really needs to take their time and look twice and to check their blind spots. I hope those who were in the wrecks are ok. I was glad to hear here state it the way she did. I think everyone needs to be reminded from time to time. With all the press about people riding to work, I wonder how many people are on bikes who might not normally ride in traffic like Chicago has. Commuting here really has its unique issues. I remember coming from doing a trip down to the Dragon. As my Brother and I rolled in to Chicago, we hit rush hour traffic. As we were sitting there, I commented to him that I really felt so much safer on those tight, blind cornered roads on the Dragon than I did sitting still in that traffic. They come at you from all sides and it only takes a split second for it to go horribly wrong.
drhach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:31 AM   #93
Merle O'Broham
too beaucoup

Oddometer: 1,625
checking in

Jake, you there? - accident in Humboldt Park
Merle O'Broham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #94
ghostrider.y2k
ride enything but HD

Oddometer: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merle O'Broham
im here but not for long,going around Lake Michigan this weekend .

peace Y2K.
ghostrider.y2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #95
ghostrider.y2k
ride enything but HD

hi,im back from two day ride around Lake Michigan.Roads in UP are great,great riding.here two picks from the trip
Old 07-27-2008, 08:13 PM   #96
ghostrider.y2k
ride enything but HD

and for those cagers in SE wisconsin who don't know how to drive or move over for faster traffic .Y2K
Old 07-28-2008, 06:20 AM   #97
StromBoni
Hot Dog Captain

Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merle O'Broham
Yeah, I'm here. Not dead yet.

But there was a double-drive by shooting in my neighborhood this morning. Some days that scares me more than the way people drive around here.
StromBoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:41 AM   #98
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,144
Hey all, I am coming into town tomorrow afternoon, and we are taking a ride around town.
Got a few can't miss spots? We are not looking for museums and art galleries, but some fun stuff to ride to, around, through, etc. On my DR350 and my buddy is on his CB500.
It's a one night stand, we are driving back after going to the Cobra lounge to meet up with some Half Fast riders.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:09 AM   #99
bfd70
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 701
wtf

Prosecutor: Bellwood man ran over and killed biker to avoid accident report

He faces 14 years if convicted of reckless homicide

A Bellwood man deliberately ran over and killed a motorcyclist in an attempt to avoid filing a police accident report, authorities said Thursday.

Frederick Griffin, 29, rear-ended Frank MacNaught's motorcycle in west suburban Addison on Sunday evening, said Assistant DuPage County State's Atty. Brook Locke.

McNaught, 33, of Lombard, attempted to get Griffin to stop and wait for police so that a report could be filed. "Because he [Griffin] has a lengthy police record, he decided not to stop," Locke said.

After Griffin pulled away, MacNaught followed him to a nearby intersection, where he pulled in front of Griffin's vehicle and pulled off the license plate, Locke said.

Griffin drove away again, eventually pulling his 1995 Ford Explorer into a driveway in the 800 block of Iowa Avenue in Addison, where he was again confronted by MacNaught, who wanted a police report made.

"He [Griffin] threw the car into reverse, running over the victim, who died a short time later of a skull fracture and blood lost," Locke said.

Judge Elizabeth Sexton set Griffin's bond at $750,000 Thursday morning on a charge of reckless homicide. Griffin, 29, of the 500 block of Geneva Avenue, Bellwood, was arrested Tuesday. If convicted, he faces up to 14 years in prison.

Locke said Griffin has numerous arrests and convictions on his record for driving while his license was revoked or suspended and that he has served prison time twice for retail theft.
bfd70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:36 PM   #100
GSFletch OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Looking for a ride on Sunday. Anyone?
GSFletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:48 PM   #101
ghostrider.y2k
ride enything but HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSFletch
Looking for a ride on Sunday. Anyone?
meet us at Full Moon on rt41 in north chicago 8:30
Old 07-31-2008, 03:54 PM   #102
ghostrider.y2k
ride enything but HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfd70
Prosecutor: Bellwood man ran over and killed biker to avoid accident report

He faces 14 years if convicted of reckless homicide

A Bellwood man deliberately ran over and killed a motorcyclist in an attempt to avoid filing a police accident report, authorities said Thursday.

Frederick Griffin, 29, rear-ended Frank MacNaught's motorcycle in west suburban Addison on Sunday evening, said Assistant DuPage County State's Atty. Brook Locke.

McNaught, 33, of Lombard, attempted to get Griffin to stop and wait for police so that a report could be filed. "Because he [Griffin] has a lengthy police record, he decided not to stop," Locke said.

After Griffin pulled away, MacNaught followed him to a nearby intersection, where he pulled in front of Griffin's vehicle and pulled off the license plate, Locke said.

Griffin drove away again, eventually pulling his 1995 Ford Explorer into a driveway in the 800 block of Iowa Avenue in Addison, where he was again confronted by MacNaught, who wanted a police report made.

"He [Griffin] threw the car into reverse, running over the victim, who died a short time later of a skull fracture and blood lost," Locke said.

Judge Elizabeth Sexton set Griffin's bond at $750,000 Thursday morning on a charge of reckless homicide. Griffin, 29, of the 500 block of Geneva Avenue, Bellwood, was arrested Tuesday. If convicted, he faces up to 14 years in prison.

Locke said Griffin has numerous arrests and convictions on his record for driving while his license was revoked or suspended and that he has served prison time twice for retail theft.

I HOPE I GET THE FULL 14 YEARS IN JAIL AND GET BUTFUCKED EVRY DAY.MY PREYERS ARE WITH THE FAMILLY OF THE RIDER.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:07 PM   #103
djmase
something catchy.

Oddometer: 286
How is it that you can murder someone with your car and get a maximum of 14 years...if we get all of adv to chip in, we could post this guys bail and hold a private hearing at my place, someone will need to bring an SUV just in the event that we find him guilty.
This stuff really gets me fired up.
djmase
Old 07-31-2008, 07:34 PM   #104
bongodave
Legalize it, already

Oddometer: 38,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmase
How is it that you can murder someone with your car and get a maximum of 14 years...if we get all of adv to chip in, we could post this guys bail and hold a private hearing at my place, someone will need to bring an SUV just in the event that we find him guilty.
This stuff really gets me fired up.
djmase
This former Chicago resident agrees. Hitting a rider is bad enough, but killing him in an attempt to avoid punishment?

Maybe we could somehow get him tried for straight-up murder. Any lawyers in the crew? Call AMA? I don't know.
bongodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #105
gettr
Team Turtle

Oddometer: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodave
This former Chicago resident agrees. Hitting a rider is bad enough, but killing him in an attempt to avoid punishment?

Maybe we could somehow get him tried for straight-up murder. Any lawyers in the crew? Call AMA? I don't know.
I emailed the AMA about an accident that happened not too far from where I live a few years back. I don't know the details.... but, it involved a left turner and a bike that got splattered pretty hard. (When I say I don't know the details, I mean, was either drunk, AMA members.... etc) The AMA did not follow through for whatever reason.... they seem to pick their battles... They did write back and say thanks for the heads up and they would look into it. FWIW....
gettr is offline   Reply With Quote