ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #12526
Bronco638
Nobody Home
 
Bronco638's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Itasca, IL
Oddometer: 3,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSJon
If I had a meat smoker I'd invite you all over for some, but I don't.
I've got one you can have. Nothing special but it works. Can be used as a grill or a smoker. Has two pans, one for charcoal, one for liquid(s). Stands about 3' high, about 1.5' in diameter. Has an access door in the side to maintain fuel and/or liquid(s). Come get it, I'm near Woodfield Mall. I expect to be repaid in smoked edibles.
__________________
There are some simple thruths......and dogs know what they are - Joseph Duemer

Andy holds the lead. And he will, all the way to the Highway. Today is his day.
Bronco638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:36 AM   #12527
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!
 
OU812's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Buffalo Grove IL and Killing Threads...
Oddometer: 8,986
I have the same type. Weber. Never used. Wife got it for me year's ago.
__________________
AMA, NRA, AFL-CIO Forrest City.
Getting Old ain't for pussies....................Lorazapam
Even when you do something right people will think you didn't do anything at all.
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:10 AM   #12528
TheOtherBart
Beastly Adventurer
 
TheOtherBart's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: DeKalb County, Illinois
Oddometer: 1,870
That's the style of smoker I use for Thanksgiving every year, cooks some good bird. I'm actually trying to convert mine to electric without much luck, the electric conversion element I got online didn't have enough oomph to keep it up at the temperatures I wanted. I'm guessing the only solutions are 1) insulation, 2) a bigger burner, or 3) stick with tending charcoal all day. But a great smoker nonetheless.
TheOtherBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:19 PM   #12529
reveille
Now 70% Better!
 
reveille's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Northern Illinois
Oddometer: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Dog View Post
Hey, I invited you fuckwads!!!
Really? I seem to remember calling you and posting after you came back from Florida but we got no response... We figured you had your hands full.
reveille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #12530
2whlrcr
gooligan
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Oddometer: 5,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by reveille View Post
Really? I seem to remember calling you and posting after you came back from Florida but we got no response... We figured you had your hands full.
I'd consider yourself lucky.
2whlrcr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #12531
Skinner
Mr.KTM
 
Skinner's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Lake county Il
Oddometer: 5,648
So I always get this rug to buy a new bike, they look so pretty etc. Until I get on the beast!!!!
My 525 just runs so great, I can't stop smiling after throwing a leg over her. Just took her out for a little ride to make sure all is well after sitting for 8 months while I rehab the shoulder and winter set in. Took all the jets out of the carb and cleaned them up before hand. Making sure all lis good before heading out to Moab. What a beast!!!! I told my wife to never let me sell this bike. This one is a keeper. If I resist the urg to change the oil etc. she should run forever!!!!
__________________
You might be an ADVRider if:

You recognize your friends by the sound of their mufflers.
http://www.meetup.com/Chicagoland-Du...torcycle-Club/
www.jimstarwaltteam.com
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:19 PM   #12532
jzee
John Z
 
jzee's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ingleside IL
Oddometer: 563
11 Days and counting
jzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #12533
Skinner
Mr.KTM
 
Skinner's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Lake county Il
Oddometer: 5,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzee View Post
11 Days and counting
I just got 6 moving blankets to put between the bike during shipping :)
__________________
You might be an ADVRider if:

You recognize your friends by the sound of their mufflers.
http://www.meetup.com/Chicagoland-Du...torcycle-Club/
www.jimstarwaltteam.com
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:20 PM   #12534
jzee
John Z
 
jzee's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ingleside IL
Oddometer: 563
Good deal, we can use them to protect the kayaks, looks like we will be bringing a couple more bikes (some more fly and ride guys) and will have around 15 plus people from CLDS, and about 40 from the Colorado page here, including some MI. Guys.
jzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:45 AM   #12535
Skinner
Mr.KTM
 
Skinner's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Lake county Il
Oddometer: 5,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzee View Post
Good deal, we can use them to protect the kayaks, looks like we will be bringing a couple more bikes (some more fly and ride guys) and will have around 15 plus people from CLDS, and about 40 from the Colorado page here, including some MI. Guys.
Wow! This turned into a party. John Z when do want me to drop off my bike and gear?
__________________
You might be an ADVRider if:

You recognize your friends by the sound of their mufflers.
http://www.meetup.com/Chicagoland-Du...torcycle-Club/
www.jimstarwaltteam.com
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:52 AM   #12536
Moose Dog
Trouble maker
 
Moose Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: N.E. corner of Illinois
Oddometer: 3,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
So I always get this rug to buy a new bike, they look so pretty etc. Until I get on the beast!!!!
My 525 just runs so great, I can't stop smiling after throwing a leg over her. Just took her out for a little ride to make sure all is well after sitting for 8 months while I rehab the shoulder and winter set in. Took all the jets out of the carb and cleaned them up before hand. Making sure all lis good before heading out to Moab. What a beast!!!! I told my wife to never let me sell this bike. This one is a keeper. If I resist the urg to change the oil etc. she should run forever!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzee View Post
Good deal, we can use them to protect the kayaks, looks like we will be bringing a couple more bikes (some more fly and ride guys) and will have around 15 plus people from CLDS, and about 40 from the Colorado page here, including some MI. Guys.
You guys suck, have fun!
__________________
03' 100th Road King
13' 990 KTM Adventure Baja
05' CRF 250X
75' CB125S
02' CRF50
Moose Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #12537
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!
 
OU812's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Buffalo Grove IL and Killing Threads...
Oddometer: 8,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Dog View Post
You guys suck, have fun!
Plu$ 1!
__________________
AMA, NRA, AFL-CIO Forrest City.
Getting Old ain't for pussies....................Lorazapam
Even when you do something right people will think you didn't do anything at all.
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #12538
andrewgore
Team MGH
 
andrewgore's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: NW Suburbs, IL
Oddometer: 3,307
Bummed I wasn't able to make Moab happen this year. I'll just be a year older next year

On the upside, my 350 got some new wheels installed this weekend
andrewgore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:35 PM   #12539
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer
 
bogieboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Clifton Springs NY
Oddometer: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore View Post
Bummed I wasn't able to make Moab happen this year. I'll just be a year older next year

On the upside, my 350 got some new wheels installed this weekend
Nice.... You figure out the wheel bearings? I somehow missed that the back wheel had 2 different OD bearings... I had to reorder a beari g....the china bike has small axles...LOL
bogieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #12540
andrewgore
Team MGH
 
andrewgore's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: NW Suburbs, IL
Oddometer: 3,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
Nice.... You figure out the wheel bearings? I somehow missed that the back wheel had 2 different OD bearings... I had to reorder a beari g....the china bike has small axles...LOL
I didn't replace any bearings. I used ninja axles, then machined spacers\bushings\the wheels to line up properly:



That said, on the rear wheel, I could have bored one side of the wheel to accept a larger bearing & used the stock axle. Probably shoulda done that, but too late now. It's done and I'm not changing

Andrew
andrewgore is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014