ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #12691
Bosky
Long Haul ADV

Oddometer: 92
So is this just a lucky strike over there in Lombard or you know something that we don't. I'll try Lombard as soon as I get home.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2014, 01:48 PM   #12692
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosky View Post
So is this just a lucky strike over there in Lombard or you know something that we don't. I'll try Lombard as soon as I get home.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
If the bike was converted in another state, and the title states "motorcycle", Illinois will let it go through.

If the MSO or the Title state anything to the affect of "Off-Road Use Only" or "Not eligible for registration", Illinois will NOT title & plate it for road legal use. Illinois will NOT let you convert an off-road only motorcycle for on-road use anymore.

Andrew
andrewgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:10 AM   #12693
Solohobo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
As a dealer near Lombard, sometimes that office is not always crossing its t's and dotting its i's, and a newbie at the counter may not know, or notice, or care, what the bike is...we have found from customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemybike View Post
Don't know what title/MSO says, not looking at any particular bike at the moment. Trying to gather info to avoid making mistakes.

Wonder what they would do if neither exist and a bonded title was applied for....
Adventure Travel to Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Burma, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, China, Honk Kong, Macau, France, Italy, EU, Morocco, Turkey, USA National Parks, camping, fishing, hiking, surfing, scuba diving, trekking, river rafting, new cultures, new cuisine, new languages.
Solohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:55 AM   #12694
reveille
Now 70% Better!

Oddometer: 571
Made it back late last night from Loretta Lynns MTDR event. What a blast! Awesome trails and hill climbs galore! I am off work today but have some cleaning and maintenance to deal with.
reveille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:57 AM   #12695
Bronco638
Nobody Home

Oddometer: 3,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore
If the bike was converted in another state, and the title states "motorcycle", Illinois will let it go through.

If the MSO or the Title state anything to the affect of "Off-Road Use Only" or "Not eligible for registration", Illinois will NOT title & plate it for road legal use. Illinois will NOT let you convert an off-road only motorcycle for on-road use anymore.

Andrew
This may just have shed some light on my XR's conversion. While cleaning the bike, I discovered a California "green" sticker on the inside of one of the upper fork legs. I bought the XR from a guy in St. Charles but I do know that he was the second owner. He never mentioned the original owner lived in CA but it certainly had a green sticker on it. And, the title of my XR has the bike identified as "2002 Honda Motorcycle" (as AG indicates). So, the conversion must have taken place outside of IL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solohobo
As a dealer near Lombard, sometimes that office is not always crossing its t's and dotting its i's, and a newbie at the counter may not know, or notice, or care, what the bike is...we have found from customers.
I've always found Lombard to be pretty user friendly. That said, there are a lot of employees there that do not know much about what is and is not required with respect to paperwork and/or documentation. If you're not properly prepared, it would not surprise me that you would need to make multiple trips to that DMV office because you got bad information there. Libertyville is much more "liberal" but they do know their stuff. Elgin is not so forgiving but they are knowledgeable, too.

Andy holds the lead. And he will, all the way to the Highway. Today is his day.
Bronco638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #12696
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!

Oddometer: 8,639
Took the Oldwing out to SW Wisconsin ABC roads yesterday for 400+ miles of dirty sandy riding.
Still worth it as iI've been like an addict looking for a fix!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=aYDfwUJzYQg
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:40 AM   #12697
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,110
FVOR on Saturday:

Did some street riding on the bike Sunday. Amazing how out of balance knobbies feel after you've been on street tires.

Time to find a proper road bike.

Andrew
andrewgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #12698
HOT DAMN!
♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer: 7,633
This thinking that you're 20 when you're almost 50 is putting a serious cramp in my style. Torn LCL and other miscellaneous debris clean up on Friday.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:58 PM   #12699
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND

Oddometer: 2,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT DAMN! View Post
This thinking that you're 20 when you're almost 50 is putting a serious cramp in my style. Torn LCL and other miscellaneous debris clean up on Friday.

That will buff out.
I'm ignorant, but happy---steyr_scout308
STANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #12700
HOT DAMN!
♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer: 7,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANIMAL View Post
That will buff out.
I think you're right. I've only taken 2 painkillers since Friday's surgery and have walked 2 miles already. The non invasive technology they have these days is nothing short of amazing. My brother had his done about 20 years ago and his knee looks like it was reattached after stepping on a landmine.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #12701
GSJon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,468
Quote:
Good luck with the recovery. It's not as quick or easy as it was 30 years ago but on the brighter front as you have found out the surgery is not as painful/invasive either.

ADVMax: BMW's do not break down - they fail to proceed.
GSJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #12702
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!

Jeebus Dan!
Slow down.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #12703
dashredder
Just go.

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
Took the Oldwing out to SW Wisconsin ABC roads yesterday for 400+ miles of dirty sandy riding.
Still worth it as iI've been like an addict looking for a fix!
Wondering how it was up there. Itchin to ride another FIB attack on the ABCheese. Did you go toward the eastern or western kettles?
dashredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:43 AM   #12704
ihatemybike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I had my right ACL replaced in 1998 and had the knee cleaned up again a couple years back. I've been told to take it easy and definitely not to take up running. So I'm training for a Spartan Race (8+ miles of cross country running with obstacles).

They're doing cool stuff with replacement knee these days.....right?
Old 04-08-2014, 04:14 AM   #12705
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashredder View Post
Wondering how it was up there. Itchin to ride another FIB attack on the ABCheese. Did you go toward the eastern or western kettles?
Both but mostly west.
It's really bad in the woods.
Out near open areas the wind has blown sand off.
Still worth it.