User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #16
Russ

Oddometer: 16,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
After reading a lot... and realising the TKC80's i wanted are in fact in QLD so I wouldn't get them in time.. I might go for the Mitas.. But now the choice is E10 FR RR... or E10 FR and E09Dakar RR?

I will do alot of commuting n like to fang it a bit around the city so they will probably stay on until i can be bothered putting the tourances on again for road.. Id have to do a lot fo tarmac to get anywhere with dirt tracks anyway so it may be more tarmac than dirt so i dunno..

So whats your thoughts guys?
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #17
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 1,365
My final thoughts S_R.

I love the E-09 Dakar on the rear (DR650), currently on my 2nd and will probably put my 3rd on for Flinders Classic. I don't run them till they are bald as I don't see the point. I had TKC-80 F & R, loved them BUT, the rear last me 3000ks, the front I have just removed from then and 1.5 rear E-09's.

Search is your friend. Be guided by what has been said before, make your own decision, and experiment. Yes it costs but it is your safety, your style of riding. My thoughts would be the current E-07 rear will suit what you do and get you most places you want to be. In winter, who knows?

Look forward to seeing what you have done on the ride this weekend.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #18
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsD2 View Post
My final thoughts S_R.

I love the E-09 Dakar on the rear (DR650), currently on my 2nd and will probably put my 3rd on for Flinders Classic. I don't run them till they are bald as I don't see the point. I had TKC-80 F & R, loved them BUT, the rear last me 3000ks, the front I have just removed from then and 1.5 rear E-09's.

Search is your friend. Be guided by what has been said before, make your own decision, and experiment. Yes it costs but it is your safety, your style of riding. My thoughts would be the current E-07 rear will suit what you do and get you most places you want to be. In winter, who knows?

Look forward to seeing what you have done on the ride this weekend.
Thanks for that. :)
I ended up going with the E10, i guess I'll experiment and if i dont like em anyway ill go the E09 next. Cheers..
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #19
Bikus
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
ronangel is the distributor for Conti, and http://www.ronangel.com.au/dealers/display.asp lists his dealers, but that's a pretty shitty page, since it only shows dealers in a single post code, so you have to use it again and again, guessing which ones might be nearby, and that is before you even call them, to see if they have stock ....
Bikus is offline   Reply With Quote