User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #1
jposttx OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
RR to adv Chainsaw course in San Antonio

We left home about 3:30 PM ate Year="2008" Day="16" Month="5">5/16/08ate> and headed west down hwy 35 to pick up 111. Past Midfield I felt a strange thing happen as I frantically shifted to catch up with the great pearl-essence beast – NO FOOTPEG.

Doh – it is bent down.

Stop and turn it around.

Edna TX and I let out the clutch at a light and HELLO no foot peg again!
Attached Images

I have been elsewhere but nowhere else is Texas - I cannot save - Jesus is the Savior I cannot solve or even understand most problems - God solves all problems I can serve so I will - paraphrased rom Mark Driscoll

jposttx screwed with this post 05-20-2008 at 02:10 PM
jposttx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
jposttx OP
Gnarly Adventurer

As the mighty white beast thunders away I roll into the parking lot of NAPA to see what I can see. Laying on my back and peering into what is happening I see how it attached. Don comes up and helps me re-thread the dern thing and off we go.
Attached Images

I have been elsewhere but nowhere else is Texas - I cannot save - Jesus is the Savior I cannot solve or even understand most problems - God solves all problems I can serve so I will - paraphrased rom Mark Driscoll

jposttx screwed with this post 05-20-2008 at 02:11 PM Reason: font size
Old 05-19-2008, 09:40 PM   #3
jposttx OP
Gnarly Adventurer

post 3

Several differences between our bikes but great fun to be had

Me XL883 frame mounted air-cooled large windscreen funky old saddlebags 2003 Sportster – mostly stock. 39-43 MPG 3.2 gal tank
Attached Images

jposttx screwed with this post 05-20-2008 at 02:11 PM Reason: forgot my picture
Old 05-19-2008, 09:44 PM   #4
jposttx OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Cool2 Great White Beast

Him Suzuki M109R 10000HP 4 foot wide back tire, clock! RPM gauge! Water cooled! Gas Gauge!
Attached Images

jposttx screwed with this post 05-20-2008 at 02:13 PM Reason: fix font
Old 05-19-2008, 09:47 PM   #5
jposttx OP
Gnarly Adventurer

The great news is my buddy loves to ride along just above the speed limit – he could go all day at 90+ I can hit 90 but am much more comfortable a few degrees above the legal speed limit. The old Sportster gets squirrelly above 90 really above 85 it is not too much fun.

I think I will take off the bags and windshield and see if that helps – but this machine is really meant for the speed limit, on back roads and state highways. The only time it really bothers me is on the super slab or when I am trying to pass at interstate speeds

more soon -
Old 05-20-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
jposttx OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Talking

So we go from Edna to Yokum and gas up. Yokum is of course the home of the http://textan.com/ leather company.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...ate=tx&zipcode=
Attached Images

jposttx screwed with this post 05-20-2008 at 02:14 PM
Old 05-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #7
jposttx OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thumb

I am up to about 43 MPG which is exciting – my carb had been hammered up by some bozo and had all the wrong jets etc

I found a wrench in Clute Texas who profanely explained to me how this was all…wrong is the polite word.

So now I have all the power I was supposed to have – YEAH – and get waaaay better mileage - before I was getting about 30 mpg.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
jposttx OP
Gnarly Adventurer

We blast up the road through Gonzalez – we pick up alt 90 and head on up to I-10 to San Antone - no I did not mistype – many people ‘abbreviate’ San Antonio as San Antone here in Texas when we speak – weird huh?
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #9
jposttx OP
Gnarly Adventurer

more mappy

Here is the rake's progress as of about 5 PM
Attached Images