ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 07:47 AM   #1
SGL56 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Rico Area

Anyone riding the trails around Rico this Saturday, Sunday or Monday that would like some company. I will be camping north of Lizard Head Pass and hope to ride as much of the area in the mornings and early afternoons as I can. Senior rider on a plated KTM 500. Thanks in advance.
SGL56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:49 AM   #2
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL56 View Post
Anyone riding the trails around Rico this Saturday, Sunday or Monday that would like some company. I will be camping north of Lizard Head Pass and hope to ride as much of the area in the mornings and early afternoons as I can. Senior rider on a plated KTM 500. Thanks in advance.
I normally would be but the weather is looking downright nasty this weekend. Good luck!!
Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM   #3
SGL56 OP
Adventurer

Thanks, it may turn out to be a miserable camping trip. I hope to get out early and be back in before the afternoon thunderstorms hit, which they are predicting to be intense.
Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM   #4
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Actually it looks like Saturdays forecast has improved a bit. Only 50% chance. I bet if you get out early you might get some riding in..
Old Yesterday, 04:37 PM   #5
SGL56 OP
Adventurer

Not having much luck finding anyone to ride with so it's off to plan B. What are the must do trails in the area and what should I stay away from since I am riding alone? I know Calico has a section with huge exposure but not sure what section it's in. Anything else alone those lines I should steer clear of. Thanks again.
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM   #6
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL56 View Post
Not having much luck finding anyone to ride with so it's off to plan B. What are the must do trails in the area and what should I stay away from since I am riding alone? I know Calico has a section with huge exposure but not sure what section it's in. Anything else alone those lines I should steer clear of. Thanks again.
Maybe start with East fork trail. if you get to the end and weather looks good you could scoot over to hermosa, coral draw, scotch creek. I'd stay away from the higher stuff with out knowing escape routes/times etc... Nothing worse than being forced to run the lightning gauntlet above tree, on a ridge, straddling a big chunk of aluminum. of course if stuff is real wet your not going to get far on any of them..