ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 07:51 AM   #20191
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,781
Sunday...

I've got no route planned for Sunday, but possible walsburg to reservation ridge to avaquint cyn then west fk duchesne river...
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:20 AM   #20192
Trailtwister
To the peak!
 
Trailtwister's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Salt Lick City
Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
I've got no route planned for Sunday, but possible walsburg to reservation ridge to avaquint cyn then west fk duchesne river...
It'd be great to hook up, Kev. Its been too long since I rode with you and the other FFFs on this site. (I still have your raggedy old USU ballcap!) Thats a great route. Also been wanting to splore SW of Fountain Green.
__________________
TrailTwister
Current bikes: '06 KTM 950 Adventure-S; '10 KTM 690 Enduro-R; '09 KTM 300 XCW - Plated
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. Its the life in your years -- Abraham Lincoln
Trailtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:03 AM   #20193
81cr450
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Piute ATV trails Utah , Dreaming of Baja
Oddometer: 96
KMC1
I can be fast when needed, but on this go I'm really gonna shoot for a mild pace to help fuel consumtion. I wanna get as far out as I can before turning back. I havent been out there before so I'm not 100% on what the roads are but I think its all just dirt 4x4 easy trail. I'm hoping cause I think it'll be like an 8hr loop & I dont wanna strain my milk.
Just a nice melllow sunday ride
81cr450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #20194
Digger52
Adventurer
 
Digger52's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheeladv View Post
Add torn ACL to the list...

+ 4 months for recovery.
The news just keeps getting better
Really sorry to hear about this latest diagnosis. This brings up the issue of being in the back country and having an accident or breakdown. What was the brand of satellite equipment you had that allows you to text message?
__________________
Digger
2011 BMW 1200GS
07 BMW F650GS
08 Yamaha 1300 Venture
Digger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #20195
Christianbenzon1
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: SLC, UT USA
Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilo View Post
Christianbenzon,

Bring it by my place and we'll get the forks squared away. PM me and we'll work out the details.

-Phil
Jack and Phil working away. Thanks for the help Phil.

Christianbenzon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:58 PM   #20196
jimmyx
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jimmyx's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Salt city, Utardia
Oddometer: 165
Delle, UT?

I,m thinking of heading to the Delle area tomorrow with the ol' XRR , anyone have suggestions?

Thank's
Jim
__________________
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Dorothy Parker

jimmyx screwed with this post 08-31-2013 at 06:04 PM
jimmyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:10 PM   #20197
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyx View Post
I,m thinking of heading to the Delle area tomorrow with the ol' XRR , anyone have suggestions?

Thank's
Jim
Ya. Hit the mtns w us instead since it'll be cooler if you're streetlegal. Check your pm's
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #20198
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,781
this am

we're leaving from bcc at 10 if any of you sitzpinker's want to come along!

WEATHER ALERT: Strawberry area is forecasted to have heavy rain...
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)

GISkev screwed with this post 09-01-2013 at 07:39 AM
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #20199
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Never Banned
Oddometer: 8,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
Holy crap....I heard something about some spoiled brat little girl rubbing a guys crotch with a foam finger 9000 times this week...I had NO IDEA Baja got pounded like that.

Damn it looks bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
wow holy shit Walrus.. Correct, I had no idea about the damage down there... Crazy! I know some of those areas. We were in Todos Santos in '08
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
The storms that hit Baja and Southern Utah also hit NM. Monsoon rains made the last 300 miles of road to the border impassable, so I slabbed home from Pie Town. 700 miles today, 300 off-road. I'm f'n beat.
The spring group was thinking about another ride through Barrances but they might need to rethink that for this November.....I think the mainland is in the same condition as Baja, I just can't get good info there.....it will be interesting to see how it impacts the Baja Mil, especially if another storm or two come from the south.....

Quote:
http://www.afntijuana.info/informaci...luvia#ver_nota

ENSENADA BC , September 1, 2013 - The Secretary of Communications and Transportation in Baja California reported that due to the intense rains south of Ensenada, transit is suspended on the Transpeninsular Highway for those heading southbound ftpm the state to Baja California Sur.

The problems with the highway network are located in the stretch of washes at kilometers 155.7, at San Agustín and at 180.3 in Cataviña, on the stretch between Lázaro Cárdenas and Punta Prieta, where there are pools of water more than 5 feet deep and there are not alternative routes.

Traffic is suspended from 6PM Saturday. The wash is a concrete slab and it is hoped the damage is only silt deposits. The supervisor of the area is hoping that the conditions improve and they can reestablish traffic flows, reported the Secretary via a communique.
__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #20200
2wheeladv
Lost & lov'n it
 
2wheeladv's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Utardia
Oddometer: 224
Thanks Digger52. I'll be ready for spring riding.

With kids and a wife, plus a wunderlust drive to ride to and in remote locations, I'm sold on PLB's. I use the Delorme inReach SE. It's reliable, accurate, easy to use and has a iphone app that allows two way text. The texting is handy for your own contacts as well search and rescue. The other PLB's will contact search and rescue but you cant tell them what has happened or what to be prepared for...

The inReach pings every 10 minutes and puts your location on a map that your contacts can sign-on to. My wife and kids like this feature.

http://www.inreachdelorme.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger52 View Post
The news just keeps getting better
Really sorry to hear about this latest diagnosis. This brings up the issue of being in the back country and having an accident or breakdown. What was the brand of satellite equipment you had that allows you to text message?
__________________
'14 KTM Adv 1190 R
'12 Custom Harley Ultra Limited
'09 KTM 530 xc-w (plated)
'06 Big Dog K-9
'03 HD Road King 100 YR '69 Triumph 650cc
2wheeladv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #20201
HickOnACrick
Groovinator
 
HickOnACrick's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Utarded in Lubbuttock
Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheeladv View Post
Thanks Digger52. I'll be ready for spring riding.

With kids and a wife, plus a wunderlust drive to ride to and in remote locations, I'm sold on PLB's. I use the Delorme inReach SE. It's reliable, accurate, easy to use and has a iphone app that allows two way text. The texting is handy for your own contacts as well search and rescue. The other PLB's will contact search and rescue but you cant tell them what has happened or what to be prepared for...

The inReach pings every 10 minutes and puts your location on a map that your contacts can sign-on to. My wife and kids like this feature.

http://www.inreachdelorme.com/
Does this require a subscription?
__________________
KTM 500 XCW, BMW K1600GTL
950 SER 300 XC
Composites 101
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #20202
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,781
couplapix

This bonehead convinced me to take the weestrom from Monte Cristo to Bear Lake on dirt via Curtis Creek rd...



Having a dirt bike I never really got this thing out, but now I see how these can rally on the easy stuff!

I packed for a day ride! Another use of the voile' ski straps!


This chick took my gun and my bike, and her boyfriend emailed me this shot. You can't see me running, but if you see a wee strom for cheap on ksl...



__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #20203
KMC1
There is no spoon.
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Greater SLC
Oddometer: 2,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
This bonehead convinced me to take the weestrom from Monte Cristo to Bear Lake on dirt via Curtis Creek rd...



Having a dirt bike I never really got this thing out, but now I see how these can rally on the easy stuff!

I packed for a day ride! Another use of the voile' ski straps!

__________________
Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuTG19Cu_Q&sns=em

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #20204
KMC1
There is no spoon.
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Greater SLC
Oddometer: 2,562
Wooo Hoooo

OK my fellow Utards.... Lookie what I'm buying:


I'm going to set it up for rock bashing, trail sliding, face planting fun! I was (am) all hot and bothered by the new 1190R... but since A: I am NOT gung ho to slide down the trail on my $20k motosickle.... and B: I simply can't justify that kind of moolah for a terrible off road rider like me.....I decided to wait a while and maybe pick one up for long distance riding next year.... I'm not a big fan of buying first year European stuff anyway....

I'll be picking it up Sept. 20 and slabbing it back to SLC.... anyone up for Baja this spring?!
__________________
Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuTG19Cu_Q&sns=em

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #20205
harcus
Beastly Adventurer
 
harcus's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Edge of the Wasatch
Oddometer: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
OK my fellow Utards.... Lookie what I'm buying:


I'm going to set it up for rock bashing, trail sliding, face planting fun! I was (am) all hot and bothered by the new 1190R... but since A: I am NOT gung ho to slide down the trail on my $20k motosickle.... and B: I simply can't justify that kind of moolah for a terrible off road rider like me.....I decided to wait a while and maybe pick one up for long distance riding next year.... I'm not a big fan of buying first year European stuff anyway....

I'll be picking it up Sept. 20 and slabbing it back to SLC.... anyone up for Baja this spring?!
Wow! The BMWs are looking better each year!
__________________
Want Creative Adventure Products? - See Globetrottin.com

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015