ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #20971
harcus
Beastly Adventurer
 
harcus's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Edge of the Wasatch
Oddometer: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Tried to escape yesterday. Front flat caused by past damage.





Called Woody's Wheels. They are going to be closed for the Holidays so I'm going
to have them put a new Excel on it the first of the year. It's been straightened three
times now. It has nothing to do with this type of use.....

That ding has the look of "rock kissing" or maybe "concrete kissing". Hmmm...?

Switching to an Excel means you loose the tubeless attribute...correct?

__________________
Want Creative Adventure Products? - See Globetrottin.com

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #20972
pluric
Banned
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus View Post
That ding has the look of "rock kissing" or maybe "concrete kissing". Hmmm...?

Switching to an Excel means you loose the tubeless attribute...correct?

I'm sure it was an old rock ding. Why it failed now???

Nope. Woody's has a system they used on my rear that seals a spoked wheel too.
Had it for over a year on my rear wheel. Holds air really well.




pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #20973
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Never Banned
Oddometer: 8,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Tried to escape yesterday. Front flat caused by past damage.





Called Woody's Wheels. They are going to be closed for the Holidays so I'm going
to have them put a new Excel on it the first of the year. It's been straightened three
times now. It has nothing to do with this type of use.....

Good thing there wasn't any sand......



You've certainly gotten more than your share of fixing that front tire.....





Salaam Alaikum.....

I picked up my new ride today and I'm headed up Little Cottonwood Weds and probably again on Friday afternoons. More folks is good if any you FF's want to tag along.....

__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #20974
pluric
Banned
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post

I picked up my new ride today and I'm headed up Little Cottonwood Weds and probably again on Friday afternoons. More folks is good if any you FF's want to tag along.....

Needs more motor.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #20975
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,723
horseshoes n handgrenades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post

I picked up my new ride today and I'm headed up Little Cottonwood Weds and probably again on Friday afternoons. More folks is good if any you FF's want to tag along.....

Well, you're getting closer. A little TLC and you'll see the light.
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #20976
Double Moo
lookin' for adventure
 
Double Moo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Salt Lake City
Oddometer: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post


Salaam Alaikum.....

I picked up my new ride today and I'm headed up Little Cottonwood Weds and probably again on Friday afternoons. More folks is good if any you FF's want to tag along.....


Love to join you... but I take my dogs and they aren't welcome in the Cottonwoods. Have to stick to Millcreek, or I like to head up to the area around Snowbasin - lots of miles of trails and such. - and my cabin is nearby with the after workout jaccuzzi!
__________________
"Rember... Wherever you go... there you are"
Buckaroo Banzai
Double Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #20977
harcus
Beastly Adventurer
 
harcus's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Edge of the Wasatch
Oddometer: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
I'm sure it was an old rock ding. Why it failed now???

Nope. Woody's has a system they used on my rear that seals a spoked wheel too.
Had it for over a year on my rear wheel. Holds air really well.




Well, you've definitely convinced me that the Blue bikes are FAR more reliable than the orange bikes.

I won't even ask how much has been invested or how many times the wheels have been "improved" on that beautiful blu bomber. I will admit that I got 36,000 miles on the front wheel of the orange bike before having the Warpnine wing nuts replace it with a rounder version...for $275 as I remember.

Yup, duh orange bikes are definitely substandard.
__________________
Want Creative Adventure Products? - See Globetrottin.com

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #20978
pluric
Banned
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus View Post
Well, you've definitely convinced me that the Blue bikes are FAR more reliable than the orange bikes.

I won't even ask how much has been invested or how many times the wheels have been "improved" on that beautiful blu bomber. I will admit that I got 36,000 miles on the front wheel of the orange bike before having the Warpnine wing nuts replace it with a rounder version...for $275 as I remember.

Yup, duh orange bikes are definitely substandard.
I'm just in less denial than some.



pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #20979
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
frog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Heber City, UT
Oddometer: 2,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
I'm just in less denial than some.



They come like that from the factory. Makes them ride smoother and faster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
__________________
Thank you MX1WEST, Highway Dirt Bikes Lindsay Machine, Smart Performance, SPS for the Support
257x Solo Baja 1000
If I had not some strength of will I would make a first class drunkard--Shackleton
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #20980
pluric
Banned
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
They come like that from the factory. Makes them ride smoother and faster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
I believe that may be an example of the denial I was referring to.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #20981
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Never Banned
Oddometer: 8,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Moo View Post
Love to join you... but I take my dogs and they aren't welcome in the Cottonwoods. Have to stick to Millcreek, or I like to head up to the area around Snowbasin - lots of miles of trails and such. - and my cabin is nearby with the after workout jaccuzzi!
I live a mile below Millcreek, what's the current schedule for dogs/no dogs? Shoot a PM when you make a run and I'll see if it works for me....

I have no experience with the area around Snowbasin but I'm sure we could organize an AdvSnowshoe party......
__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #20982
buzzardair
Shrubbery Adventurer
 
buzzardair's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 288
[/QUOTE]

I'm going snowshoeing Sunday at Solitude with a Meetup group and we will have breakfast and a few Bloodies first at Silver Fork. $9.00 rentals and pass. Everyone welcome!
http://www.meetup.com/SLC-s-Liberal-...3422&_af=event
buzzardair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #20983
Double Moo
lookin' for adventure
 
Double Moo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Salt Lake City
Oddometer: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
I live a mile below Millcreek, what's the current schedule for dogs/no dogs? Shoot a PM when you make a run and I'll see if it works for me....

I have no experience with the area around Snowbasin but I'm sure we could organize an AdvSnowshoe party......
Odd=dogs, though the nordic folks believe they own the upper road 24/7/365. Been more than one accident involving happy dogs running free vs too fast skiers. Somehow the skiers always become the post accident assholes - unfortunate because most of the skiers I know are pretty mellow laidback folks.
__________________
"Rember... Wherever you go... there you are"
Buckaroo Banzai
Double Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #20984
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Never Banned
Oddometer: 8,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardair View Post
I'm going snowshoeing Sunday at Solitude with a Meetup group and we will have breakfast and a few Bloodies first at Silver Fork. $9.00 rentals and pass. Everyone welcome!
http://www.meetup.com/SLC-s-Liberal-...3422&_af=event
I is skeered of Liberals in Salt Lake City.....
but I might be able to join you........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Moo View Post
Odd=dogs, though the nordic folks believe they own the upper road 24/7/365. Been more than one accident involving happy dogs running free vs too fast skiers. Somehow the skiers always become the post accident assholes - unfortunate because most of the skiers I know are pretty mellow laidback folks.
I quit skiing Millcreek decades ago when I witnessed more than a few confrontations like you described. I always hoped it might improve, won't matter as much if I'm just doing a walk about.
__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #20985
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Moo View Post
Odd=dogs, though the nordic folks believe they own the upper road 24/7/365. Been more than one accident involving happy dogs running free vs too fast skiers. Somehow the skiers always become the post accident assholes - unfortunate because most of the skiers I know are pretty mellow laidback folks.
I used to Nordic ski up there all the time, both alone, and with my dog. Most Nordic skiers are not assholes, as most dog owners are not irresponsible assholes. No need to make assumptions about an entire user group. You know how many cyclists in American Fork like to categorize motorized users.......

At some point, both user groups (dogs/skiers) have to assume equal responsibility. Skiers need to slow down (common fucking courtesy), and dog owners need to have control over their dogs.
__________________
Utah Moto Ride Reports

trackhead screwed with this post 12-17-2013 at 08:19 PM
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014