Old 02-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #6181
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Happy winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questor View Post
Hey!
I'm finally getting caught up on my ADV reading and am happy to see the progress of this Ride Report.

I've ridden through where you are now. I recognize the Stage Coach stop and the stream crossing. It's part of the CDT right?

Anyway.
Good to see the Mobius is still "On".

Be well Dr. and LDF.

Q~
Yeah, "progress" is one way of putting it. Another would be "slow " I believe we overlapped the CDT on that little section, 'cause Scott seemed to remember the water hazard and said it was too deep to mess with. In other news, Bellevue opened yesterday, so I'm back home at the mother ship. Spent the last couple days getting caught up with administrative office crap. And now we have a blizzard bearing down on us. What is it with the weather these days. Damn geopolitical warming. Did you get a sled for X-mas, Q?

[QUOTE=Hootowl;20674329]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
The S95 LDF carries has some dust on the sensor now, the Achilles heel of the compact zoom. I'm not sure it's worth it to have it serviced.

The movement of the zoom sucks air & dust into the camera and onto the sensor.
I had dust on the sensor of my Panasonic ZS-3. I found that it was easy to take the cover off and clean the sensor. You have to work slow and methodical.
Richard
You mean like this?

This was back in '07 on our Nova Scotia trip. Never did get it back together working. The rye didn't help much, but tasted good.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #6182
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Scenes from camp

Chores, fixing pant cuff. The snap snapped off again, so I replaced it with a toggle.

Kick back and relax,

What a great site, eh?

The Colorado River, and the Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad tracks. There were some folks rafting on the river, they looked like ants.

Bones scattered everywhere.

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
Old 02-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #6183
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

We settled in

to enjoy the sunset, and have some appetizers and cocktails before dinner.

you know, solving societies problems, making the world safe for democracy, the usual.

Thoroughly enjoying the remains of the day.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #6184
jeickerman
Full of it.

Oddometer: 153
3 riders now?

David,

Now down to three riders total? Bikes coming and going...tough to keep track.

Good the hospital is back in service. All elevators elevating?

John
jeickerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #6185
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeickerman View Post
David,

Now down to three riders total? Bikes coming and going...tough to keep track.
Tell me about it... like herding cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeickerman View Post
Good the hospital is back in service. All elevators elevating?

John
Indeed. Both up AND down.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #6186
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

M10, Day 12: Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2012

And the days .GPX file can be downloaded from here.

DR. Rock screwed with this post 02-08-2013 at 11:49 AM
Old 02-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #6187
McDOPE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Keep it RAW

Couldn't agree more about RAW files. Why hamstring one's post production capabilities. Your camera work David is what initially drew me into this RR. It has only gotten better along the way.
As to the hospital being open....coming back after that kind of shut down can't be easy. Occasionally I'll have a nightmare about having to report back to the hospital from retirement.
Lyn and I are in a cold Santa Fe tonight so seeing your late summer Colorado pix has been a treat. We'll toast M10 tonight and dream of M11.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #6188
DingWeed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 488
A couple more pics of camp!

DingWeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #6189
DingWeed
Gnarly Adventurer

Old 02-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #6190
saddlsor
my butt hurts

Oddometer: 335

that was a great place to camp. I stopped at the same spot while riding the cdr last year. sat in my chair and watched the trains roll thru all evening.

99 dr350
78 r80
saddlsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #6191
DingWeed
Gnarly Adventurer

Glad Bellevue is back online!!!
Scott
Old 02-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #6192
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

M10, Day 13: Thrusday, Sept. 20, 2012

We had a nice campfire the night before, and good thing, 'cause it got a bit chilly overnight. We bundled up, and emerged from our tents to make coffee.

And enjoyed a beautiful and sublime sunrise.

We'd been hearing trains go by every once in a while all night,

Coal.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #6193
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Today's route

would start by taking us over the Colorado River at the Radium bridge.

We'd continue heading South, until we were due West of Denver before meandering around the mountains before calling M10 a wrap. I'd routed sections in the White River N.F, and the Arapaho N.F. But truth be told, there were plenty of alternates, and we were now close enough to Denver that if we had a breakdown we could get there in under a day, so this was low-pressure play-time.

No rush, easy pace, take our time and enjoy the ride.

Video update: (the sound's actually not bad on this one )

Looking like another perfect riding day.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #6194
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

A perfectly good road

and a little MT-43 rear trials tire review:

Super-awesome fall colors,

As we kept climbing.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #6195
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

We were

Up to 10k ft again on M10.

We were above the aspens now, and into the conifers.

up on the ridge, there were lots of puddles, and we got to see how the MT-43's did with a little bit of wet.

This was a fun little section.