User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #6871
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,791
Thumb Nice Job Mobius Adventurers...

What a great looking trip. I really enjoyed the sunrise/sunset pics. Best parts of a day. Fire Point looked fantastic. Thanks for continuing to take us along and inspiring us.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #6872
Rutsref
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Laugh Re Wildrose Rd

Wildrose was rideable 3/1/14 the day after big rain, chunks of road we're missing and there was heavy rock wash across in a few sections, but 3 of us rode it up on loaded GS12hunnys. The gate at the bottom was closed but not locked, I don't remember a gate at the top, if there was one it was open, the rangers will err on the side of caution re advertising when it's officially open. To my knowledge there's been no rain since, conditions will only get better. It will be worth a try!

Cheers,
Jw
Old 03-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #6873
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutsref View Post
Wildrose was rideable 3/1/14 the day after big rain, chunks of road we're missing and there was heavy rock wash across in a few sections, but 3 of us rode it up on loaded GS12hunnys. The gate at the bottom was closed but not locked, I don't remember a gate at the top, if there was one it was open, the rangers will err on the side of caution re advertising when it's officially open. To my knowledge there's been no rain since, conditions will only get better. It will be worth a try!

Cheers,
Jw
Thanks for the intel, we can easily cut out that loop by heading straight down Panamit Valley rd. to Indian Ranch, but we'll see. I'm amazed at how many roads are open that were shut down last sept. all over. I've spent the day ironing out the route, and it's looking mighty sweet. Only 1650 miles or so, we want to get to the 3-Step well ahead of opening day!
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #6874
bluemtnridr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Hi guys.
Thanks for another fantastic adventure. It' great seeing LDF back in the saddle again, I was sure she wasn't going to let anything stop her from mobiusing around the backroads with her partner in crime.
Have fun in DV and remember if you ever find yourselves in my neck of the woods you are always welcome, and we'll cook meat with fire.

JD

Who knows you might like it and want to do it again tomorrow.
bluemtnridr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:16 AM   #6875
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemtnridr View Post
Hi guys.
Thanks for another fantastic adventure. It' great seeing LDF back in the saddle again, I was sure she wasn't going to let anything stop her from mobiusing around the backroads with her partner in crime.
Have fun in DV and remember if you ever find yourselves in my neck of the woods you are always welcome, and we'll cook meat with fire.

JD
Thanks JD! Good to hear from you. You may want to consider taking a little trip down to the 3-step Hideaway for their grand opening festivities May 3rd... That's where we'll be ending M13 -- it's shaping up to be quite the reunion event.

[I don't want to get too off-topic --Has anyone started a thread for the 3-step weekend? Link?]
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
Old 03-24-2014, 09:28 AM   #6876
bluemtnridr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
I would like to make a trip, so who knows what might shake loose. Would be great to see you guys again,
I think Mark has a link to 3- step on his last rr.

JD

Who knows you might like it and want to do it again tomorrow.
bluemtnridr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #6877
muskeg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Dave and Francine, it has been wonderful to follow your adventures thus far! I feel (as I'm sure many of us do) I know you both and consider you friends though we've never met. Thanks again for your continued commitment to entertaining and educating the collective.

I don't spend much time on ADVrider anymore now that I live in a place I can actually get out and ride, but your Mobius Trip is the one thing that keeps me checking back from time to time. You have inspired many rides for me and I hope to be fortunate enough to share a trail and a campfire with you someday!

Cheers from Flagstaff,
muskeg
muskeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:47 PM   #6878
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
snip

Elk tracks everywhere,

snip
careful, i heard the bears around there are smart and they lounge around in elk slippers
Old 03-29-2014, 05:36 AM   #6879
DingWeed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 483
Great RR and pics!!
It will be Great to see you guys at 3 Step!!
Our website is up and running now!!!!!!!
Thanks again for all your work on the RR David!!!
Scott
DingWeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:05 AM   #6880
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingWeed View Post
Our website is up and running now!!!!!!!
Looking great, Scott!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:47 PM   #6881
BSTT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Thanks, wonderful pics

Yesterday I recognized that there are new stories and pics of Mobius on ADV

David, its fine how you doin' the reports. Thanks for investing your time, so that we "couch riders" have something to dream of .

Ciao Gero
BSTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:25 PM   #6882
RenoDeano
High Desert Drifter

Oddometer: 99
Your Death Valley Trip

[QUOTE=DR. Rock;23745484]That's exactly what we're gonna do. We'll be traveling with Kelamity and Tim who have their bikes parked in the same public storage as us. This Mobius-style system is starting to catch on.

I just finished up a 1 week camping (Toy Hauler) and dirt riding trip to DV. Titus was close for several weeks and DV postings did not reference the closure.

Send me an email if you need info on any place in DV. Reno Deano

Plated 2009 Husaberg FE 570, Plated 2001 DRZ 400E; 2006 DR650;1972 Yamaha CT2, 2007 400 & 800 CanAm Outlander.

Member of the Dust Devils MC of Reno Nevada. Home of the annual Ride Reno 200 Dual Sport Ride.

http://www.dustdevilsmc.com/forum/index.php
RenoDeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #6883
RenoDeano
High Desert Drifter

Oddometer: 99
Death Valley Tour?

[QUOTE=DR. Rock;23745484]That's exactly what we're gonna do. We'll be traveling with Kelamity and Tim who have their bikes parked in the same public storage as us. This Mobius-style system is starting to catch on.

Doc, what is the dates of the LV to Death Valley Mobius Trip? Join up. Reno Deano

Plated 2009 Husaberg FE 570, Plated 2001 DRZ 400E; 2006 DR650;1972 Yamaha CT2, 2007 400 & 800 CanAm Outlander.

Member of the Dust Devils MC of Reno Nevada. Home of the annual Ride Reno 200 Dual Sport Ride.

http://www.dustdevilsmc.com/forum/index.php
RenoDeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:06 PM   #6884
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

[QUOTE=RenoDeano;23869562]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
That's exactly what we're gonna do. We'll be traveling with Kelamity and Tim who have their bikes parked in the same public storage as us. This Mobius-style system is starting to catch on.

Doc, what is the dates of the LV to Death Valley Mobius Trip? Join up. Reno Deano
Hey Dean,
We'll be landing in LV Friday evening April 18th, aiming to have wheels rolling by mid-day saturday. If anyone's interested in the route, either to intercept us, or to organize a ticker-tape parade PM me your email address, and I'll send the files with instructions.

It's good friday / easter weekend, so I'm imagining plenty of folks will be doing family things.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #6885
katoomon
Rocket Surgeon

Oddometer: 64
The shark bite in the butt boogie route

(click on image below to view full sized)

[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk