User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
Bluffskier OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Contents of the HRC XR628 kit?

I was wondering what the HRC XR628 kit came with.
I can't seem to find anything definite online about the contents, other than a 628 jug.
Bluffskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #2
Onederer
Crunch Nugget

Oddometer: 755
You'll have to keep checking to be certain, but also a cam and primary gear change. I have no idea of the original part numbers for the HRC stuff.

The primary gear set can be had new in form of the XRL650L clutch basket and crank gear.

When mixing and matching some XRR/XRL parts I noticed the cam chain slide, the one on the back/tensioner side, of the XR600R is thicker at the base than the XR650L slide. Maybe it was to give more clearance for the slightly larger clutch basket gear on the XR650L. I'm guessing at that because I didn't measure the two gears while I had them both off and didn't give it a second thought. I used the wider XR600R slide with the XR650L basket/gear and there doesn't appear to be a problem, so I really can't think of a direct reason the bottom of the XR650L slide is narrower.

If you find out the HRC 628 kit came with a new cam chain slide/guide, that could be the reason.

There has to be the information already on here somewhere...
Old 11-27-2014, 06:29 AM   #3
Bluffskier OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
I'll be sure to pay attention to the chain tensioner when I swap mine out. I believe my build will be very similar to yours in the end. I'm shooting for a tuned down HRC type engine. Maybe a stock XRR piston in a slightly over bored XRL cylinder, and a less aggressive cam, such as a stage 1 or an HRC copy. From what I have read, longer duration is what I'm after.
Maybe some XLR headers too.

I have been looking on ebay for and old XLR harness, think I'm gonna do a rebuilt XLR charging system, but need to research more.

I found my hoopty XRR, but have a lead on a decked out one too, with a bad cam and rockers. Just waiting to hear back in that one.

Sent from a pay phone
Bluffskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:11 AM   #4
LexLeroy
Aging Gracelessly

Oddometer: 1,767
Pose your question to inmate MCMA111 (Steve) in the XL600, XR600R or XR650L threads. He's squared away on the air-cooled Honda motors and will get you pointed in the right direction.

LexLeroy screwed with this post 11-27-2014 at 08:19 AM
LexLeroy is offline   Reply With Quote