Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #556
Seppo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrags View Post
Looks like a cool ride. Your truck friend needs a bike!
i tell him every day he should start riding. especially since this is my truck! but he had a lot of fun too. and i may need him to drive the truck as a support vehicle on a big trip i have planned...i can´t get the dessert out of my head...

Seppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #557
drrags
Dorkus Malorkus

Oddometer: 1,810
Your truck, lol
Morrocco, my friend! Do it!
drrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #558
Seppo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrags View Post
Your truck, lol
Morrocco, my friend! Do it!
yep, i have something like this in my mind. this last short trip was kind of an shakedown ride, to test the new ims tank and the giant loop coyote bag. works fine so far!
but i´m still looking for more milage, maybe a fuel bladder or something like this. so i won´t need the truck around. less is more in that case.
oh, almost forgot: THAT SIDESTAND SUCKS BIGTIME!!!!!!!

Seppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #559
bodhizafa
How hard can it be?

Oddometer: 631

Need some TE510 help! Does anyone know what order these wires go in? They got ripped out when I dropped my fuel tank (snapped the red elbow thing too but I got a replacement).

Here are the two plugs, the wires ripped out of the one on the right. It plugs into the fuel pump.

A pic of someones wiring on a 510 would be awesome!

Old 09-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #560
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

Oddometer: 3,657
Bike.................Tank
Blue.................Blue
White/Yellow.....White
Blue.................Black
Green...............Red
Old 09-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #561
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

10,000 mile report 2010 TE 450
9000 mile report was on July 5th

It's been 21 months, 10 rear tires ($700), 10-12 oil changes ($200-$240), the bike has just started to burn/use oil. I've got some rings and gaskets but I may need a piston as well, if I find out the ring grooves are worn out. I am leaning towards taking the bike to 11,000 or 12,000 miles as is, and then just plan on a piston with the rings and maybe a cam chain as well.

The bike is still fast, handles great, can do more than I can do. it's not the best single-track bike but then I 'm not the best single-track rider. I have found that I do prefer a 120 tire instead of the 140 tires, the more narrow tire does in fact speed up the handling and directional changes.

Would I dual sport this bike again, if I knew then what I know now? I am tempted to say no, but I've had a lot of fun and I've learned alot about EFI and so....I'd probably do it all over again. i think I might have another 10k miles to go on this bike, if a piston and rings will solve the oil useage problem.

Transmission: A-
Close ratio works great on the trail, not so good on the street. Reliability and ease of shifting have been great. Downshifting from 3rd to 2nd results in going past and hitting neutral, annoying, not major.

Clutch: A+
Lost clutch feel one time running 70mph, it came back, no other problems, no leaks, no issues with the hydraulics, I have tortured the clutch pack by running high gearing and fanning/slipping the clutch in the slow stuff and no problems.

Wheels: A
Front bearings were a breeze to replace, got some new ones for $8 apiece from Bryon at Bill's.. Spokes on both wheels have stayed tight and uniform. Hate the black rims, wish I had regular alum colored rims, too much scratching on painted rims.

Misc: A-
Horn bracket broke twice, horn finally gave up at 10k miles, ordered a $9 horn from MotorcycleSuperstore, will rubber mount it due to vibration that destroyed the OEM.
Twin Aire filter element developed cracks in the outer layer, from washing, replaced it with another TwinAire.
Air filter access and design and battery holder access and design are really good, nothing has come loose or broken, air filter changes/cleanings are a breeze.

AustinJake screwed with this post 09-26-2012 at 06:11 AM
AustinJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #562
bodhizafa
How hard can it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJake View Post
Bike.................Tank
Blue.................Blue
White/Yellow.....White
Blue.................Black
Green...............Red

Sweet thanks!!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #563
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

I changed from the generic auto fuel filters I had been using to this arrangement:
Edelbrock 40 micron aluminum housing, stainless screen inside that is replaceable/cleanable, used 2 adapters to get a 5/16" nipple on each end, thus preserving my existing 5/16" submersible fuel line. I have put about 50 miles on this filter and the bike is running great.

Another possible filter replacement for the '08-'10 EFI bikes, I think BrandonTX found, the Ducati filter is $30 but it's probably worth it, since it is designed to be motorcycle/EFI specific.

http://www.motocorsaitaliano.com/ind...products_id=63
Old 11-04-2012, 01:51 AM   #564
poppy
Slow and Steady

Oddometer: 2,145
Was wondering if anyone stateside might be able to give me a leed on who i could contact to have a new clutch slave sent out for my 05 TE 510. Went to change the o-ring and bleed it up while i had it unbolted to the bike and the circlip shot off. I checked prior to doing anything that it was seated properly,which it was. Maybe there was an issue with the casting, not sure, but now i need a new one. So instead of just costing me 40 cents for a new o-ring, it now looks like it will cost a small fortune to buy the whole slave here. I actually just need a housing, but dont like my chances of just find that. You cant just by o-rings here from husky dealers either, you have to buy the complete kit. I think 05,6,7, 250, 450, 510 are all the same, not sure of the ealier/later models.

Thanks for any help.

Here is a pic of the circlip retaining edge.

poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:08 AM   #565
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

When not installed, there is nothing to limit the travel of the slave piston, and it pushes against the circlip (which it's never supposed to do) and explodes the slave cylinder. Never pressurize the system unless it is completely mounted on the motor.

ZipTy makes a replacement slave cylinder
http://www.ziptyracing.com/husqvarna...h-slave-cover/

If your slave piston is ever damaged, get the one from 7602 Racing, it's well designed.
http://7602racing.com/prod_clutch_piston.php

AustinJake screwed with this post 11-05-2012 at 05:37 AM
Old 11-04-2012, 06:17 AM   #566
bodhizafa
How hard can it be?

I went to go for a quick spin yesterday after putting some new grips and cleaning the bike up a bit. But she wouldn't start. Turns over but doesn't start (fire). I'm guessing it isn't getting fuel (tank has gas, sounds normal when I turn the key). Any ideas how I should be troubleshooting this? I looked at the spark plug and it was dry, should it be wet from fuel?

Filter? Pump? ???

It's a 2010 TE510
Old 11-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #567
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhizafa View Post
I went to go for a quick spin yesterday after putting some new grips and cleaning the bike up a bit. But she wouldn't start. Turns over but doesn't start (fire). I'm guessing it isn't getting fuel (tank has gas, sounds normal when I turn the key). Any ideas how I should be troubleshooting this? I looked at the spark plug and it was dry, should it be wet from fuel?

Filter? Pump? ???

It's a 2010 TE510
After finding what I found yesterday, I would suggest you check your Green/red stripe wire first thing. It was the source of my cutting out, blubbering, back-firing and sometimes dying. Incredibly, this wire is connected to the fuel pump, the fuel pump relay, the fuel injector and the coil!

Old 11-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #568
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
Was wondering if anyone stateside might be able to give me a leed on who i could contact to have a new clutch slave sent out for my 05 TE 510. Went to change the o-ring and bleed it up while i had it unbolted to the bike and the circlip shot off. I checked prior to doing anything that it was seated properly,which it was. Maybe there was an issue with the casting, not sure, but now i need a new one. So instead of just costing me 40 cents for a new o-ring, it now looks like it will cost a small fortune to buy the whole slave here. I actually just need a housing, but dont like my chances of just find that. You cant just by o-rings here from husky dealers either, you have to buy the complete kit. I think 05,6,7, 250, 450, 510 are all the same, not sure of the ealier/later models.

Thanks for any help.

Here is a pic of the circlip retaining edge.
Got my replacement from ZipTy racing about 6 months ago with a piston from 7602.

P.S. Don't ever squeeze your clutch lever with the slave out & the circlip in, or you will end up with exactly what you have there.

Dohhh, I see Austin Jake just said the same.

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #569
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus View Post
Got my replacement from ZipTy racing about 6 months ago
Do you have any info, a link to the ZipTy page, maybe an email address that we can contact them, I dont think they produce it anymore, the cylinder.

AustinJake screwed with this post 11-04-2012 at 07:13 AM
Old 11-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #570
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJake View Post
Do you have any info, a link to the ZipTy page, maybe an email address that we can contact them, I dont think they produce it anymore, the cylinder.

It's on their web page, just go to engine accessories.

http://www.ziptyracing.com/engine-accessories/

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote