Old 03-01-2006, 10:30 PM   #91
bmxr
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle

http://www.motostrano-store.com/rektmsuraex.html
Remus KTM Supermoto Race Exhaust
Remus Titanium full system for KTM Duke II, 620, 640 LC4.

Remus list:
http://maxmoto.com/data_source04/REM...ist%202004.pdf

with the right setup, +5-6 true HP:
http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prodkt07.html

a bit of info for an fancy exhaust fella (see below)
That muffler setup is what Remus calls TwinFire Race. It was discontinued last year and the importer (Maxmoto)has ONE left. According to the importer, it is probably not a good idea for off-road/rough use due to the contruction of the mufflers not being durable enough. What Remus basically has now are systems that use the "Freeride" mufflers. These are straight stainless cores with oval ti sleeves. The different setups available:
1) a 37-41mm tapered ti header 2-2 design with twin Freeride mufflers, that does NOT CLEAR THE STARTER on e-start bikes, but is designed for built big motors. $1,200
2) a 38mm (50mm joint section) stainless 2-1-2 with twin Freeride mufflers that does work with e-start and is made with most of our bikes in mind although as with all the dual muffler setups, some custom work with the heat gun is needed for the right side-panel . $1,060
3) a 2-1 with a Freeride muffler that I don't know the details on (because I was not interested in it). I was told has smaller tubes than either of the others and would be the best for low end torque and off-road use.

Without knowing which exhaust setup was used and what parts were on the test bike, that "true 5-6hp" could mean just about anything.

As a follow-up to the post I made last time I came to this thread, I didn't order the Pro-Circuit exhaust because they could not tell me any of the specs or anything about the design. With no further information availble, I defaulted back to assuming that "you get what you pay for".
bmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:19 AM   #92
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxr
That muffler setup is what Remus calls TwinFire Race. It was discontinued last year and the importer (Maxmoto)has ONE left. According to the importer, it is probably not a good idea for off-road/rough use due to the contruction of the mufflers not being durable enough. What Remus basically has now are systems that use the "Freeride" mufflers. These are straight stainless cores with oval ti sleeves. The different setups available:
1) a 37-41mm tapered ti header 2-2 design with twin Freeride mufflers, that does NOT CLEAR THE STARTER on e-start bikes, but is designed for built big motors. $1,200
2) a 38mm (50mm joint section) stainless 2-1-2 with twin Freeride mufflers that does work with e-start and is made with most of our bikes in mind although as with all the dual muffler setups, some custom work with the heat gun is needed for the right side-panel . $1,060
3) a 2-1 with a Freeride muffler that I don't know the details on (because I was not interested in it). I was told has smaller tubes than either of the others and would be the best for low end torque and off-road use.

Without knowing which exhaust setup was used and what parts were on the test bike, that "true 5-6hp" could mean just about anything.

As a follow-up to the post I made last time I came to this thread, I didn't order the Pro-Circuit exhaust because they could not tell me any of the specs or anything about the design. With no further information availble, I defaulted back to assuming that "you get what you pay for".
Lots of detailed info ther bmxr, thanks for posting it.

If you had bothered to click on the link provided with the HP claim you would have seen the setup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factory Pro
Tuning Results:
640 Supermoto, 2005 w/ Remus full Dual System: +5-6 True HP
152.5mj, /3 Factory Pro needle / 13mm float height / 47.5pj, 2.5x fuel screws - Sea level, 80f, 30.01 baro, 32% humidity
Wheelsmith Racing / San Rafael, CA / 415 472-4962
Also, I am surprised that Pro-Circuit couldn't (wouldn't?) tell you anything about the pipe they were trying to sell you... sounds like shoddy business practices to me.

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:28 AM   #93
bmxr
n00b

Quote:
Lots of detailed info ther bmxr, thanks for posting it.

If you had bothered to click on the link provided with the HP claim you would have seen the setup:
I read that, smart guy. Now tell me which of the possible Remus exhaust combinations was used and why they used a foreign market bike for the test, if that's really what it was.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:04 AM   #94
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Quote:
I read that, smart guy. Now tell me which of the possible Remus exhaust combinations was used and why they used a foreign market bike for the test, if that's really what it was.
How many Remus full Dual System's are there for the LC4?

And my point of that post originally was to note that even with a high flow exhaust, that is too noisy, has no spark arrestor, and as you point out is delicate, with a professional shop to setup the bike... all that get's ya is 5-6HP for over a $1000!

Add the FCR and you might get a few more ponies for another $500... follow me? I said thank you for your post and took you at face value; I don't expect you to do the same for me, but for a shop that specializes in designing HP kits for LC4s I would think you could take them at face value.

Old 03-19-2006, 05:47 PM   #95
bmxr
n00b

Quote:
How many Remus full Dual System's are there for the LC4?
THere are two headers and two muffler setups, so four.

Quote:
And my point of that post originally was to note that even with a high flow exhaust, that is too noisy, has no spark arrestor, and as you point out is delicate, with a professional shop to setup the bike... all that get's ya is 5-6HP for over a $1000!
5hp is 10%, a healthy, worthwhile gain AFAIC. For my purposes, it doesn't matter if it's loud and a flamethrower. May not be for everyone, but it is what it is.

Quote:
Add the FCR and you might get a few more ponies for another $500... follow me? I said thank you for your post and took you at face value; I don't expect you to do the same for me, but for a shop that specializes in designing HP kits for LC4s I would think you could take them at face value.
My stock FCR should be easy to tune with whatever exhaust I get. It runs great now, so I expect something VERY fun.

I didn't post to offend you, but your sarcasm was uncalled-for, IMO. I don't take anything I read on the internet or anywhere else at face value...especially when there is a price at the bottom of the page :)
Old 03-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #96
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Quote:

5hp is 10%, a healthy, worthwhile gain AFAIC. For my purposes, it doesn't matter if it's loud and a flamethrower. May not be for everyone, but it is what it is.

I have been waiting for one of you FCR guys to explain, in detail, just what it was you experienced riding a BST equipped LC4 that made you believe you had to have more instantaneous throttle response, and more low/mid range (39) or high end (41) power.

Please tell me, and I really do want to know - no sarcasm here (even though before it was simply because you posted:

Quote:
... Without knowing which exhaust setup was used and what parts were on the test bike, that "true 5-6hp" could mean just about anything. ...
even though Factory Pro posted significant detail regarding the test setup... I still wonder how much difference you think the 4 Remus dualie setups could vary in HP on an otherwise identical bike... but let it slide!)

So, ahem, please discuss what specific BST equipped LC4 behavior(s) led you to seek out an FCR. Seriously, there must have been certain situations where the bike failed you; and since NOBODY has ever posted one FRIGGIN' situation, sigh, I'm askin' you for yours.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:10 PM   #97
PASSMORE
Just the last name...

Oddometer: 4,246
Hiya David

My 41 came with the bike, but given the opprotunity, I would have put it on anyways for no other reason than wel... Cause I can and well... Cause I can! Seriously, you do make a good point as to needing any more power etc, but in many cases I will do mods just to see what happens (see rhino lining ) BTW, my terraflex needs extra power to properly run

Quote:
I have been waiting for one of you FCR guys to explain, in detail, just what it was you experienced riding a BST equipped LC4 that made you believe you had to have more instantaneous throttle response, and more low/mid range (39) or high end (41) power.

Please tell me, and I really do want to know - no sarcasm here (even though before it was simply because you posted:

even though Factory Pro posted significant detail regarding the test setup... I still wonder how much difference you think the 4 Remus dualie setups could vary in HP on an otherwise identical bike... but let it slide!)

So, ahem, please discuss what specific BST equipped LC4 behavior(s) led you to seek out an FCR. Seriously, there must have been certain situations where the bike failed you; and since NOBODY has ever posted one FRIGGIN' situation, sigh, I'm askin' you for yours.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:19 PM   #98
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASSMORE
Hiya David

My 41 came with the bike, but given the opprotunity, I would have put it on anyways for no other reason than wel... Cause I can and well... Cause I can! Seriously, you do make a good point as to needing any more power etc, but in many cases I will do mods just to see what happens (see rhino lining ) BTW, my terraflex needs extra power to properly run
Hiya Michael,

sure go and get all reasonable... one surefire way to zap an internet pissin contest! I hope someone who has both and changed due to an experience will post - but perhaps we shouldn't clog up this very useful LC4 exhaust info thread.

Is it next month yet?

Old 04-21-2006, 07:43 AM   #99
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stobie
Click here.

Go to the Staintune KTM page. There are two different options for mufflers and big-bore header pipes. I'm not sure which ones fit the LC4-E or -Adv, but the guys at CBT could probably tell you if you give them a call. Looks like a bargain at $605 for a stainless full system.

They used to list a spark arrestor insert that I believe was about $60, but it's not on there anymore. I would be surprised if Staintune quit making it--CBT prolly just doesn't list it anymore.
I contacted CBT Imports regarding a spark arrestor for the Staintune can:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBT email
We were expecting one from Staintune, but it never made there R&D list. Still hasn’t.

Shari Brossard
Cal Moto/Sales Manager
(800)782-4686
http://www.cbtimports.com
http://www.calmoto.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 12:42 PM
To: sales@cbtimports.com
Subject: Staintune question

A friend told me that you used to list a sparkie (spark arrestor) for the Staintune pipe that fits the KTM LC4 bikes. He thought it was around $60. Is that true? Do you have any current information on it?

Thanks,
Meaty Surprise
And got a reply directly from Staintune down under:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staintune email
Goodday David,
Thanks for the enquiry, yes our muffler will fit both models and
yes you can even purchase an oval shape muffler instead of the round can but
they do not come with a spark arrestor only a noise restrictor. It is a
product we do not require here in Australia.

Paul Schmalz
Sales Manager
Staintune Australia
51 Cavendish Street
Mittagong NSW 2575
Ph: 02 4871 3188
Fax: 02 4871 3581

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, 21 April 2006 3:22 AM
To: info@staintune.com.au
message: I am interested in your exhaust system for the KTM LC4 (I have a
2003 KTM 640 Adventure).

Your picture looks like it is the Enduro model; will your system fit my
bike? Or will the can and S-pipe fit to my stock exhaust midpipe?

Also, I will need a spark arrestor; does your pipe have a spark arrestor or
do you know of anyone who manufactures an aftermarket spark arrestor for
your exhaust?

Thanks!
Meat Stick
Since the Staintune gets very good reviews, and requires no maintenance (like the stock Supercrapp), why is it nobody has made a spark arrestor for this can? Perhaps a machinist could make an adaptor for one of the existing USFS approved sparkies?

Old 04-21-2006, 08:20 PM   #100
herobikes
HE AINT HEAVY HES MY LC4

Oddometer: 207
fcr blah blah blah

I converted to the fcr after rideing a similar bike as my 2000 640 , i was sold , well worth the money , throttle response is much better than the bst , and the acc. pump is impresive , the bst is fine , i have no regrets , bring on the next generation lc4!
herobikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:43 AM   #101
boxermoose
Now fully goosed

Oddometer: 2,801
http://www.calbmwtriumph.com/SHOP/wc_moto_ktm.html

I didn't see these mentioned (not thast I looked real hard )

Anybody try these
Old 04-25-2006, 12:14 PM   #102
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermoose
http://www.calbmwtriumph.com/SHOP/wc_moto_ktm.html

I didn't see these mentioned (not thast I looked real hard )

Anybody try these
Wileyco (pronounced VEE-LAY-CO)
-never heard of them, but they do have the USFS sparkie

More links:
http://www.cbtimports.com/wileyco_applications.html#KTM
http://mc-butikken.com/exhaust/wileyco.htm

maintenance free?

Old 06-06-2006, 10:43 PM   #103
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Any idea of dB levels Phoenician? I believe the RPM here in Cali used for testing off road is 3750 if that helps.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:00 AM   #104
Phoenician
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
dB levels..

Quote:
Any idea of dB levels Phoenician? I believe the RPM here in Cali used for testing off road is 3750 if that helps.
Hmmmm, I'm not sure of the dB levels, but without the spark arrestors at 3750 rpm it purrs quite nicely (not loud at all) and with them in, it is nearly as quiet as the stock. Its when you get on the throttle they start talkin' to ya!

Phoenician screwed with this post 06-07-2006 at 09:55 AM
Phoenician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:32 AM   #105
BlitzBike
LC4 Pilot

Oddometer: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenician
Hmmmm, I'm not sure of the dB levels, but without the spark arrestors at 3750 rpm it purrs quite nicely (not loud at all) and with them in, it is nearly as quiet as the stock. Its when you get on the throttle they start talkin' to ya!

Are the headers Ti?