User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2004, 12:35 PM   #1
Mike Werner OP
Cloggy amongst Frogs

Oddometer: 1,962
Motorcycle Rentals in Dubai

Anybody know what the motorcycle rental situation is in Dubai ?? Will be there around 30th March until 8 April. Are they available ?? Is it recommendable (knowing how the locals drive their cars, I might need to take a very strong insurance policy...).

Any routes recommendable ?? Want to do some desert riding....

Motorcycles in the Movies
Daily Motorcycle News
Mike Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 03:07 PM   #2
Jody
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Werner
Anybody know what the motorcycle rental situation is in Dubai ?? Will be there around 30th March until 8 April. Are they available ?? Is it recommendable (knowing how the locals drive their cars, I might need to take a very strong insurance policy...).

Any routes recommendable ?? Want to do some desert riding....

Mike,

I spent a few days in Dubai and Muscat, Oman. There are BMW dealerships in both Dubai and Muscat. That could be a good place to start. I got to their website fairly easy from bmwmotorcycles.com, "dealer finder" if I remember right. I think there is better riding in Oman than in the UAE, more mountains. Off-roading seems to be the pass-time of choice for the ex-pats over there. Be sure and ride down to the beach. It is paradise. Crystal clear water, beautiful beaches, swedish tourists in bikinis, pina coladas at Trader Vic's, I want to go!

I know a few folks that live there. I could dig a little deeper if you need me to.

Good luck!

Jody
Jody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:29 PM   #3
Mike Werner OP
Cloggy amongst Frogs

Oddometer: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody
Mike,

I spent a few days in Dubai and Muscat, Oman. There are BMW dealerships in both Dubai and Muscat. That could be a good place to start. I got to their website fairly easy from bmwmotorcycles.com, "dealer finder" if I remember right. I think there is better riding in Oman than in the UAE, more mountains. Off-roading seems to be the pass-time of choice for the ex-pats over there. Be sure and ride down to the beach. It is paradise. Crystal clear water, beautiful beaches, swedish tourists in bikinis, pina coladas at Trader Vic's, I want to go!

I know a few folks that live there. I could dig a little deeper if you need me to.

Good luck!

Jody
Thanks Jody,
I'm staying there with some friends, but there're not bikers (I do have one or two of those ).

I'll check the local BM dealer in Dubai and see if I can rent a GS from them, maybe Allah will be favorable to me....

Motorcycles in the Movies
Daily Motorcycle News
Mike Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:28 AM   #4
deepstar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
BMW Motobikes in Oman - FINISHED

The local BMW dealer here has now stopped selling Bikes. Being the Middle East there is only one company per country - so anyone coming to Oman needs to either bring their BMW with them, or buy it in Dubai....

There is a local company renting KTM's... http://www.omanbiketours.com/

And there are lots of good places to go on a bike here. Just remember
All car drivers here are idots
Do not p**s anyone off - they will get seriously upset
ride with maximum defensiveness
the road surface is often slippy

Regards

Tim
deepstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:40 AM   #5
wahiba
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Oman Bike Tours

Hi everyone! Oman Bike Tours does not rent out bikes as such. Bikes are only available in the context of a 10 or 14 days roundtrip through Oman lead by tourguides!

Regards

Wahiba
wahiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:45 AM   #6
westnash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,246
Dubai is not Oman. Checlk out the HArley dealer there for possible rentals.
westnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:54 AM   #7
wahiba
n00b

Motorcycle Rental Oman

Hi everyone. I talked to Oman Bike Tours: www.omanbiketours.com - unfortunately there website is in German! However you can get any info you require under info@omanbiketours.com in English. Apart from there organized 10 or 14 days package tours they do offer customized shorter trips now - yeah. Check out their picture gallery: http://www.omanbiketours.com/gallery

Awesome enduro riding!

Wahiba

wahiba screwed with this post 12-30-2008 at 05:36 AM
wahiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:05 AM   #8
Siaki
n00b

Oman UAE Motorcycle rental

Check out www.ilovewadi.com Honda CRF 450 and 250
Siaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:57 AM   #9
arrighi
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Bmw1200gs to rent in dubai

Contact arrighilefevre@gmail.com
arrighi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
Flueger
Wandering

Oddometer: 117
Laugh

Travelling mid to end of February, planning on three - four days in Dubai. Travel companions have work and other things on their minds, I want to ride dunes. Could anyone or group help?

Reply here or send send private message. Greatly appreciated, need to ride and get out of this cold here in Canada.

F
Old 01-11-2011, 04:17 AM   #11
voorfrank
n00b

KTM Adventure tours Dubai

Last december I went into the desert with James West.
He does tours on KTM450 and 530 complete with all gear (helmet boots and protection)
Give Him a call at 050 749 4022

Next visit I'll do it again!!

Best regards Frank
Attached Images

voorfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #12
DubaiRider
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Motorcycle Rentals & Tours in Dubai

Prestige Motorcycle Tours and Rentals in Dubai. You can rent a Harley Davidson or Honda Goldwing. Below is some information relating to Prestige:
Prestige, Dubai's Motorcycle Tour and Bike Rental Company for visitors and residents alike. You can choose an all-inclusive motorcycle vacation or simply rent a bike, with or without a tour guide. Dubai, the perfect motorcycle holiday playground for those who want an upscale motorcycle vacation.
Welcome to the United Arab Emirates, world famous for Sun, Sand, Sea, Shopping...and now, motorcycle vacation tours. Our all-inclusive tours include 4-5 Star accommodations situated in the middle of the desert as well as directly on the beach. You'll visit cultural villages, the famous Gold Souks, Old Markets, the world's tallest building, Ferrari World and much more,. You'll ride up UAE's highest mountain, swim in the Arabian Sea, dine in the best restaurants, meet the nicest people. From the moment we pick you up at the airport to the very last day in the UAE, you'll experience the best in luxury motorcycle riding in one of the oldest and newest countries in the world. Motorcycle Rentals: if you're already in Dubai, whether a visitor or tourist, and you want to discover Dubai and the UAE on a motorcycle, we can arrange it. You can come to our office or we can deliver and pick up the motorcycle to and from your hotel or residence. If you don't have a motorcycle drivers' permit and want to ride as a passenger, we can do that too. We have daily rentals as well as daily organized rides with tour guides riding through different Emirates. We're currently taking advance bookings for 2011-2012 season, so visit www.dubaimotorcycletours.com and book now.
Hope that helps anyone looking for a new motorcycle vacation destination.
DubaiRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #13
voorfrank
n00b

new contact info for KTM in Dubai screen.width-550){ this.height = Math.round(((screen.width-550)/this.width)*this.height); this.width = (screen.width-550); }" height=1033>
Old 10-18-2011, 08:57 AM   #14
voorfrank
n00b

New company which James West started this year

http://emiratesbiketours.com/

the cooler weather is comming again there
Old 10-25-2011, 03:26 PM   #15
Sycamore
d00b

Oddometer: 1,697
apart from the KTM dealer and James West, Sandstorm motorcycles also rents out desert-ready Honda CRF 450's.
These are for dune riding, not long distance touring.
http://sandstorm-motorcycles.com/

BTW i notice OP was 2004. That's a long time to be looking for a rental bike
Sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote