ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2011, 04:50 AM   #2671
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,105
Gib, go over to your local Ski-Doo dealer and get a set of S/D ATV/snomobile "muffs" that fit over your hands and guards. They look geeky but work really well. $35.99............ You should have known....
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:42 AM   #2672
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 3,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Gib, go over to your local Ski-Doo dealer and get a set of S/D ATV/snomobile "muffs" that fit over your hands and guards. They look geeky but work really well. $35.99............ You should have known....
Your right as usual. Looks geeky? Perfect....I usually ride down to about twenty degrees or so and just go on short rides but thats better than nothing. I think it was about fourty yesterday so I wore my lightweight gloves and ten minutes into the ride, turned around and headed for home. I don't have any heated grips or gear, just what I wear for skiing. I've only been back home two days after being in Fla for six weeks and it takes a while to aclimate to Mich weather again. I'll be fine come January...I hope.....Whats the countdown at untill launch Jeff? Have a good holidays and winter.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:48 AM   #2673
Dan in Grand Rapids
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Dan from Grand Rapids checking in. I ride old cheap bikes and currently have the Concours/KLR combo. I live two blocks away from Sandmans and about two blocks from Common Ground (good Sunday morning motorcycle spot). Hopefully I will be able to meet up with some of you guys. This weather is awesome and I have been riding everyday for the last few days, so I will see you out there.
Dan in Grand Rapids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:53 AM   #2674
buls4evr
No Marks....

Exactly 7 days until lift-off and I hope this good weather holds Gib. Are you back from Florida for X-Mas? Why not just stay down South? Iv'e been packed up for 3 weeks waiting to go!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:40 AM   #2675
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Exactly 7 days until lift-off and I hope this good weather holds Gib. Are you back from Florida for X-Mas? Why not just stay down South? Iv'e been packed up for 3 weeks waiting to go!
Back for Xmas and to see the wife who has a great dislike for Fla..... bugs, snakes, traffic, ect. I'm not crazy about it myself but my rapidly aging parents are there and thats the main reason I visit so often. I see where N.M. is getting hammered with a big snow storm. Hopefully you will have smooth cruis'n on the way west............Welcome to the forum Dan n GR. Me likey Sandmans. Good Q is hard to come by in W.M. Great combo of bikes, I'm a budget biker myself. 1Trak and a few others are Common Ground regulars. Hopefully your a older fella like that guy from K-Zoo and myself....
Old 12-20-2011, 08:54 AM   #2676
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Grand Rapids View Post
Dan from Grand Rapids checking in. I ride old cheap bikes and currently have the Concours/KLR combo. I live two blocks away from Sandmans and about two blocks from Common Ground (good Sunday morning motorcycle spot). Hopefully I will be able to meet up with some of you guys. This weather is awesome and I have been riding everyday for the last few days, so I will see you out there.
Welcome! I
Old 12-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #2677
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,369
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_1062730.html
Old 12-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #2678
Dan in Grand Rapids
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
1Trak and a few others are Common Ground regulars. Hopefully your a older fella like that guy from K-Zoo and myself....
I feel older every day, but I am not sure if 31 counts as an older fella though. All my trip riding buddies are in their 60's and 70's, so maybe I just act like an older fella. We have probably met at Common Ground, as I am there almost every week.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #2679
GatSS
Canadian eh

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
... Common Ground (good Sunday morning motorcycle spot). Hopefully I will be able to meet up with some of you guys.
I've never stopped at Common Grounds but I LOVE Schnitz Every so often I grab some Schnitz for lunch as they're pretty close to my work. I'll have to check out the Sunday morning coffee meet one day soon...
2009 CRF50
GatSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #2680
seriousracer
be a man dodge tree bark

Oddometer: 7,414
Quote:
I feel older every day, but I am not sure if 31 counts as an older fella though. All my trip riding buddies are in their 60's and 70's, so maybe I just act like an older fella. We have probably met at Common Ground, as I am there almost every week.
hello

be a man dodge tree bark!

We’ve said it before, but it bears repeating; the GS handles in ways a two-story building was never meant to.

Taking collections for Faye Butler Training please spare some change.

www.kmotorwerks.com

Remember red and yellow make orange.so to think orange is better means you have to use two steps to get there.
________
seriousracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #2681
1TRAK
EXPLORER

Oddometer: 213
Quote:
Welcome Dan, I'm still riding too, it's been great this year so far!

Steve
Old 12-20-2011, 07:25 PM   #2682
CharlieT
old school

Oddometer: 1,478
Quote:
I feel older every day, but I am not sure if 31 counts as an older fella though..
31??? Hell I got bikes I ride older than that!! But if your used to riding with old codgers, you'll feel right at home with the old goat.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:31 AM   #2683
buls4evr
No Marks....

Hey welcome DanGR..... My son is 33 and I have a bike that is 36 and another is 40. Every time I get on a bike again though I am 15 again....When I get back OFF the bike I realize I am 62 .Looking forward to riding with everyone again in May in MI.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #2684
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Hey welcome DanGR..... My son is 33 and I have a bike that is 36 and another is 40. Every time I get on a bike again though I am 15 again....When I get back OFF the bike I realize I am 62 .Looking forward to riding with everyone again in May in MI.
I would like a guided tour of Manistee County next year.....but not by a fifteen year old.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #2685
Dan in Grand Rapids
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
I would like a guided tour of Manistee County next year.....but not by a fifteen year old.
That sounds like fun, even with a fifteen year old. I have only been pulled over twice on a bike, and they were both in Manistee County. They were about five years apart and it was the same cop. I would like to go through there with someone who knows the area and how to avoid being pulled over