ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #3946
CharlieT
old school

Oddometer: 1,597
ANother PC?? Dude, you can ride that back up here, come on, man up there, tiger!! Hell, should be able to fit a small furnace in the trunk of that thing to keep you warm.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:54 AM   #3947
patj
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
It's a Pacific Coast identical to my other one. You remember don't you? I had to pry you off of it. The bammy bike has 7 K on the clock.
so you would have 2 identical PCs? i know its apples and oranges but i had 2 HD electragluides once and it didnt make any sense whatsoever. sold one after a year or so. i have heard the PC is a cult bike, owners are fanatical. you must be in the cult to want 2. or would you sell one?
patj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #3948
CharlieT
old school

What?? THe old goat is in a cult?? Well, I for one am not surprised, after all, he is a child of the '60's.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #3949
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
What?? THe old goat is in a cult?? Well, I for one am not surprised, after all, he is a child of the '60's.
And 70s and 80s and 90s. The Pacific Coast is a great bike unless your an adrenaline junkie or trying to pick up chicks.....I'm on my third one in seven years. I've put about 25 K on each one and then move on when another low mile one comes along. They don't go cheap either. This one is going for a pretty penny but whats a guy to do?
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:49 AM   #3950
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,304
Goat is probably going to turn this one into a full- on dual sport. Knob tires,MX bars with barkbusters. Stickers from all over the world. Body bump rails all the way around, rotopax, external tool kit tubes. Ever see him ride the one he has on dirt? He rides really well.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:37 AM   #3951
patj
Adventurer

i figure a PC does a lot of what a gold wing does with 500lbs/$10,000 off. you say its not really fast. ...its not slow is it?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #3952
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by patj View Post
i figure a PC does a lot of what a gold wing does with 500lbs/$10,000 off. you say its not really fast. ...its not slow is it?
It will cruise at 75 in a70. .. What more could you ask for?
Old 12-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #3953
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Goat is probably going to turn this one into a full- on dual sport. Knob tires,MX bars with barkbusters. Stickers from all over the world. Body bump rails all the way around, rotopax, external tool kit tubes. Ever see him ride the one he has on dirt? He rides really well.
No way man. You know what those plastic pieces cost? If you can find replacement parts? Freaking mirrors are over $200...each. I did some backroading in Colorado a few years ago and that plastic pig just about killed me. My hard core dirt days are over, thats why I got the DR. It will cruise down the road at 70 all day long and still do good on two tracks.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #3954
patj
Adventurer

funny stuff....

(I did some backroading in Colorado a few years ago and that plastic pig just about killed me) now i dont care who you are....thats funny. they dont call em the rockies for nuttin.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:51 AM   #3955
CharlieT
old school

FOund a pic of the old goat getting set to go out for a ride

ATGATT

Old 12-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #3956
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Thats a pig all right but the rider is a goat wannabe. You would never catch me going ATGATT. ....Aint gonna make your big shindig tomorrow Mr. T. In Fla hanging with my parents. Have to see them while I can. Its amazing what little the riders down here wear when riding. Helmetless riders in shorts, flip flops and tank tops is the order of the day. Its not just the cruisers either, crotch rocket guys too, plus they go like hell in traffic. Had heavy rain the other day and it was funny seeing them getting hammered....I must admit I haven't seen anything on the news or paper about bike accidents like I did last year.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:07 AM   #3957
buls4evr
No Marks....

Think of the helmetless riders this way Goat.......... When they are killed it often opens up the job market for our children and cleans up the genepool somewhat. Gives EMTs, and cops something to do and thus spurs the local economy also.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:44 AM   #3958
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

I think cops and EMTs would rather do other things than clean up after bikers boo boos.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:57 AM   #3959
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Think of the helmetless riders this way Goat.......... When they are killed it often opens up the job market for our children and cleans up the genepool somewhat. Gives EMTs, and cops something to do and thus spurs the local economy also.
I just finished cleaning the coffee I sprayed on the monitor after seeing the pic Charlie posted of the Goat. Then I read this. I know some of you were following the recent "mich helmet law" thread-bashfest-rehash/205. With all the 'cost to society' comments, this makes an intresting rebuttal. Having had 3 nasty accidents in my riding career. (hit 2 cars, & 1 bad off road get off) plus countless skirmishes with gravel,ruts, sand and trees. I've spent a small fortune on EMS and medical expenses. Physical therapy ect. Then there's the bike and gear replacement costs after each incident. It realy adds up. Looks like tossing our carcasses down the road really is good for the economy. I might get out today and try to do my part to stimulate the economy. Fiscal cliff...pffftt,,watch this. Wish me luck guys....... .
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #3960
buls4evr
No Marks....

And........

Great for donut shops.
Places that sell diesel fuel for fire engines and E vehicles.
The health care industry and its suppliers.
Uniform cleaning services.

Look at all of them.