ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #4141
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 4,177
After a epic two hour snowshoe hike through the dunes I stopped by the GR BMW dealer for some free pizza. Why is it called GR BMW when its in Cutlerville? I didn't recognize anyone? No bald guy from the land of Zee or anyone with a cast on his arm?. My favorite bike was the new BMW scooter. Sweet!..... Before I could get a piece of cake a pretty young thing..scolded me for eating pizza in the showroom so I left.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #4142
patj
Adventurer
 
patj's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: west michigan sand lake area
Oddometer: 80
pizza

i was there from 11 to 1230 and my sling was in plain view. i liked the 900 gt. where do i sign...did you really get yelled at for eating pizza? did you toss your crust on the floor? did you meet Phil Mann? so on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being never....how likely is it that you will buy a bike there?

patj screwed with this post 02-09-2013 at 01:50 PM
patj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #4143
Thanantos
Ride hard.
 
Thanantos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Oddometer: 3,609
I was there from 1220 to 1300 or so with my 7 year old. We figured out she needs a medium helmet. Who knew her brain was so big?

I fell in love with a 1999 R1100R in the showroom. That might end up in my garage soon.
__________________
1999 DR350SE

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #4144
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by patj View Post
i was there from 11 to 1230.....did you really get yelled at for eating pizza? did you toss your crust on the floor? did you meet Phil Mann? so on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being never....how likely is it that you will buy a bike there?
...-1....I like the dealership but I'm just not a BMW type, or a HD type either. Too high tech and too expensive. I was there from 1:30 till 2:00. I didn't get a chance to talk to Phil, he was drawing a good crowd. I didn't get yelled at but was told not to eat pizza in the showroom. At Shawmut Hills you can do pretty much what you want in the showroom except....and ......but then they rarely have pizza either. Or do they have a sweet thing around to tell you where you can eat it...pizza that is.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #4145
Thanantos
Ride hard.
 
Thanantos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Oddometer: 3,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
...-1....I like the dealership but I'm just not a BMW type, or a HD type either. Too high tech and too expensive. I was there from 1:30 till 2:00. I didn't get a chance to talk to Phil, he was drawing a good crowd. I didn't get yelled at but was told not to eat pizza in the showroom. At Shawmut Hills you can do pretty much what you want in the showroom except....and ......but then they rarely have pizza either. Or do they have a sweet thing around to tell you where you can eat it...pizza that is.
Well, my 7 year old ate two pieces of cake in the showroom. I can't imagine you look anymore danger prone than her

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
1999 DR350SE

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #4146
GatSS
Canadian eh
 
GatSS's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: just MI
Oddometer: 276
The beers and I missed you!

__________________
Mat
2012 Super Tenere
2002 XR400R - plated
2009 CRF50
GatSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #4147
DeutschMark
Full Tilt Boogie
 
DeutschMark's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Haven
Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
I was there from 1220 to 1300 or so with my 7 year old. We figured out she needs a medium helmet. Who knew her brain was so big?

I fell in love with a 1999 R1100R in the showroom. That might end up in my garage soon.
I looked it up. It only has 13k on it! Get it! At least you will have a free mechanic, who works for beer and cigars. Oh, and maybe some single-malt.
__________________
89 BMW R100RS
97 Suzuki DR350
And away we go!
DeutschMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #4148
Thanantos
Ride hard.
 
Thanantos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Oddometer: 3,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschMark View Post
I looked it up. It only has 13k on it! Get it! At least you will have a free mechanic, who works for beer and cigars. Oh, and maybe some single-malt.
Dude...

That thing looks like it was sent from a time machine in 1999. Pristine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
1999 DR350SE

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #4149
fastdadio
Still gettin faster
 
fastdadio's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Pinckney Mi.
Oddometer: 1,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatSS View Post
The beers and I missed you!

Suppose you keep that Coors light in there for the neighbor that borrows your tools?
Can I come over?
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:16 AM   #4150
CharlieT
old school
 
CharlieT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Kalamazoo
Oddometer: 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Dude...

That thing looks like it was sent from a time machine in 1999. Pristine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Come on THan.....WE NEED PICS!!
__________________
A good bike mechanic only needs two tools, WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move, but should, use the WD40. If it does move but shouldn't use the duct tape.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:19 AM   #4151
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post

I fell in love with a 1999 R1100R in the showroom. That might end up in my garage soon.
I looked at that too. What a beauty!
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:23 AM   #4152
CharlieT
old school
 
CharlieT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Kalamazoo
Oddometer: 1,629
Oh hell, D-mark's post got me thinking. SO I went to the BMWGR site and found it there on my own. SO here it is:




Personally, I like one of their other used bikes they had on their site:


But I suppose if you got a KLR, you don't need another bike of the same genre.
__________________
A good bike mechanic only needs two tools, WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move, but should, use the WD40. If it does move but shouldn't use the duct tape.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #4153
GatSS
Canadian eh
 
GatSS's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: just MI
Oddometer: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
Suppose you keep that Coors light in there for the neighbor that borrows your tools?
Can I come over?
There's some Blue hiding in there as well
__________________
Mat
2012 Super Tenere
2002 XR400R - plated
2009 CRF50
GatSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:08 AM   #4154
wario
good bike cleaner...
 
wario's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: lower left on the mitten
Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
Oh hell, D-mark's post got me thinking. SO I went to the BMWGR site and found it there on my own. SO here it is:




Personally, I like one of their other used bikes they had on their site:


But I suppose if you got a KLR, you don't need another bike of the same genre.
I've seen both those bikes in person and they are very both very sharp. I bet they'll be gone quick one the thaw hits.
wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #4155
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 4,177
Than allready has a bike superior to a Beemer, why would he want to jump ship?...I would have to change my wardrobe if I did the switch, from Wranglers to Olympia, and from Wolverine to SIDI.

exoff-roadgoat screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 08:24 AM
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014