ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #4351
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 4,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfetter View Post
Always interested in meeting other riders. Will be tied up good friday through Easter but other days should work.
I'm going to be in TC Tuesday. Unfortunately for a funeral. About a week after my cousin bought a new WR Yami he came down with cancer. We had big plans. Cancer fucking sucks!
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #4352
Thanantos
Ride hard.
 
Thanantos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Oddometer: 3,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
BMW gets my vote........If he's smart, and I think he is, he'll stick with the KLR. In my biased opinion a well farkled DR is a better allaround bike.............I'm watching the Supercross right now and the Triumph comercial with the 800 racing around on the dunes just came on. Sweet!
My heart yearns for a BMW or that Triumph, but I will be sticking with the KLR for a while.

My MC choices are dictated more by wallet than my sense of style.
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #4353
CharlieT
old school
 
CharlieT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Kalamazoo
Oddometer: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
I'm going to be in TC Tuesday. Unfortunately for a funeral. About a week after my cousin bought a new WR Yami he came down with cancer. We had big plans. Cancer fucking sucks!
Condolences, my friend.
__________________
A good bike mechanic only needs two tools, WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move, but should, use the WD40. If it does move but shouldn't use the duct tape.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #4354
Trollisfed
Adventurer
 
Trollisfed's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Northern MI dirt road
Oddometer: 11
Cursed it...

Happy St. Patty's day to all you Michiganders!

I've been lurking for way too long, and wanted to apologize for getting a new bike.
It seems to never fail, if I buy a snow machine we won't get much snow, buy a bike, and it never stops...
Hard to believe it was 60 degrees warmer last year, and then we get dumped with another foot of snow. At least the sun has been out this wknd., and the snow has giving me plenty of time to think up some rides, and accessories like studded tires!!!
Trollisfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #4355
zookiemike
Gnarly Adventurer
 
zookiemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Grand Ledge Mi.
Oddometer: 108
So my buddy has a pc800 thats missing some superficial plastic. Shes a good runner and has only clocked 12k.

I can pick it up dirt cheap.

Should I? Between Vermin's rides on Cack and Doug's around the world rides It makes me really want to.
__________________
Loud music, slow bikes, sleep deprivation and crappy coffee.

zookiemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #4356
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 4,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by zookiemike View Post
So my buddy has a pc800 thats missing some superficial plastic. Shes a good runner and has only clocked 12k.

I can pick it up dirt cheap.

Should I? Between Vermin's rides on Cack and Doug's around the world rides It makes me really want to.
What kind of plastic?
What year? 12k is like new. If you didn't buy it I might be interested?
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #4357
kentnothstine
Studly Adventurer
 
kentnothstine's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Traverse City, MI, USA
Oddometer: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollisfed View Post
Happy St. Patty's day to all you Michiganders!

I've been lurking for way too long, and wanted to apologize for getting a new bike.
It seems to never fail, if I buy a snow machine we won't get much snow, buy a bike, and it never stops...
Hard to believe it was 60 degrees warmer last year, and then we get dumped with another foot of snow. At least the sun has been out this wknd., and the snow has giving me plenty of time to think up some rides, and accessories like studded tires!!!
Hey, where are you located? I'm in TC.
__________________
2008 XT250(the new one for her to use)
2003 KLX400SR (the new one)
1997 Ural 650cc (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Once your crotch gets wet it's all over.
kentnothstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #4358
zookiemike
Gnarly Adventurer
 
zookiemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Grand Ledge Mi.
Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
What kind of plastic?
What year? 12k is like new. If you didn't buy it I might be interested?
Plastic door thingy on the fairing and i think some other stuff small door like stuff. It's not CACK'd up but shes not pretty. It's been a year or two since I seen it. I can talk with him but it might be a buddy of the shop type liability thing for the sale.
__________________
Loud music, slow bikes, sleep deprivation and crappy coffee.

zookiemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #4359
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 4,227
Buy that sucker, quit your job, say goodbye to the family and go on a Tour de Cack. Oh, and post pictures. Plenty of room in the trunk for a lap top.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #4360
zookiemike
Gnarly Adventurer
 
zookiemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Grand Ledge Mi.
Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
Buy that sucker, quit your job, say goodbye to the family and go on a Tour de Cack. Oh, and post pictures. Plenty of room in the trunk for a lap top.

Lets just wait till i get Laid off so i can make Melvin my Adv sponsor.
__________________
Loud music, slow bikes, sleep deprivation and crappy coffee.

zookiemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #4361
buls4evr
No Marks....
 
buls4evr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Michissippi & Nuevo Mexico
Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
Another teaser? Your brutal....When you headed back to Mich-exaco?

Back home first week of May.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #4362
fastdadio
Still gettin faster
 
fastdadio's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Pinckney Mi.
Oddometer: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
I'm going to be in TC Tuesday. Unfortunately for a funeral. About a week after my cousin bought a new WR Yami he came down with cancer. We had big plans. Cancer fucking sucks!
Sorry to read that bit of news Mr. Goat. Our prayers go out to you and yours.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #4363
fastdadio
Still gettin faster
 
fastdadio's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Pinckney Mi.
Oddometer: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
My heart yearns for a BMW or that Triumph, but I will be sticking with the KLR for a while.

My MC choices are dictated more by wallet than my sense of style.
Wise choice. The mighty KLR is alot of bike for the money.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #4364
fastdadio
Still gettin faster
 
fastdadio's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Pinckney Mi.
Oddometer: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by zookiemike View Post
So my buddy has a pc800 thats missing some superficial plastic. Shes a good runner and has only clocked 12k.

I can pick it up dirt cheap.

Should I? Between Vermin's rides on Cack and Doug's around the world rides It makes me really want to.
Will anyone you know see you riding it? A dark visor will become a must.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #4365
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 4,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
Will anyone you know see you riding it? A dark visor will become a must.
Oh man! You sure know how to hurt a guys feelings....I also wear a dark shield on my Shoei, to shield my eyes, not to hide them.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014