ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #4366
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Back home first week of May.
That might not even be late enough? Freaking winter will not go away! I want to ride to Texas but the weather is too dang nasty. I DO NOT WANT TO DRIVE THERE!
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #4367
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
Oh man! You sure know how to hurt a guys feelings....I also wear a dark shield on my Shoei, to shield my eyes, not to hide them.
Just being an ass. Someone has to shake things up around here.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #4368
CharlieT
old school

Oddometer: 1,629
Quote:
I also wear a dark shield on my Shoei, to shield my eyes, not to hide them.
Oh, come on now ya oldgoat. From what I've heard, its to hide them because of all those biker chicks that gazed into those eyes and then couldn't keep their hands off you.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #4369
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
Oh, come on now ya oldgoat. From what I've heard, its to hide them because of all those biker chicks that gazed into those eyes and then couldn't keep their hands off you.
I was thinking it was so he could gaze at the biker chicks without giving up that's he a dirty old man :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #4370
zookiemike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
Will anyone you know see you riding it? A dark visor will become a must.
Yuck yuck lol!

I felt the same way when I was riding the wee strom, AKA the red shrek bike.

zookiemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #4371
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
That might not even be late enough? Freaking winter will not go away! I want to ride to Texas but the weather is too dang nasty. I DO NOT WANT TO DRIVE THERE!

Dang Goat that is still 6 more weeks yet..... It should be at least acceptable by then. Meanwhile I will just enjoy the AZ and NM weather where it is 81 today..... this weekend we rode in AZ in the Dragoons...Desert Daze where it was 88 on Sat! Jersey and chest protectors were too hot..... but the DosXX was very cold. The AZ people do not have the good chilis though like NM. They do have great scenery though.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #4372
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
Just being an ass. Someone has to shake things up around here.
I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
The only chicks that dig my bike are in assited living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Dang Goat that is still 6 more weeks yet..... It should be at least acceptable by then.
I need to be in San Antonio by the first of April. The wife is already there..I might end up flying if the weather doesn't improve. I hate to drive down there. Its a great bike trip once you cross the Mississippi.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #4373
CharlieT
old school

Hey old goat.....here's what you really need, consider it a PC800 on steroids...

1994 ST1100 hardly broken in with only 39k on it and for only $3900. If I didn't have 20+ bikes already, I'd be tempted myself.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #4374
boomshakalaka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Greetings Michigan ADV'ers.

I'm a few states over in Illinois where we have a fascist regime running the DMV. I may need some assistance from a Michigan resident. If anyone is interested, I'd be more than happy to compensate you for your time. PM me for details.
boomshakalaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #4375
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

My main ridding pard has a ST 1100 Charlie. I love the looks and the sweet motor and it has better suspension. The PC is a much better town bike because the weight is lower, the ST feels top heavy. I'm perfectly happy with the underpowered twin and you can't beat the trunk for shopping and traveling. We rode out to Utah a few years ago and kept trading bikes because he was cramping up on the ST. It even felt cramped to little o me. On the hot days the ST puts out mucho heat and the PC very little. As much as I like the ST its just not for me. And besides, senior chicks dig the PC. You rode my bike and are probably still lusting...Nuff said.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #4376
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,609
As much as we kid, the PCH is an awesome machine. I've been watching its modern equivalent (the NC700X) lustfully

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #4377
patj
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
My main ridding pard has a ST 1100 Charlie. I love the looks and the sweet motor and it has better suspension. The PC is a much better town bike because the weight is lower, the ST feels top heavy. I'm perfectly happy with the underpowered twin and you can't beat the trunk for shopping and traveling. We rode out to Utah a few years ago and kept trading bikes because he was cramping up on the ST. It even felt cramped to little o me. On the hot days the ST puts out mucho heat and the PC very little. As much as I like the ST its just not for me. And besides, senior chicks dig the PC. You rode my bike and are probably still lusting...Nuff said.
wow, the goat knows his stuff.
patj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #4378
CharlieT
old school

Quote:
And besides, senior chicks dig the PC. You rode my bike and are probably still lusting...Nuff said.
Yeah, but its the young biker chics that dig the Valkyrie and the rumble and roar of those six Cobra pipes. I may have lust in my heart, but it sure ain't for a motorcycle........I'm not THAT old!

Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #4379
kentnothstine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
As much as we kid, the PCH is an awesome machine. I've been watching its modern equivalent (the NC700X) lustfully
Oh yeah! I want one of them. Maybe in a few more years on the used market I could afford one in good conscience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Once your crotch gets wet it's all over.
kentnothstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #4380
zookiemike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
I was about to go talk at my credit union today and see about a loan so I could buy a ural. LOL.. I might be a little young for all that yet though. Thoughts on Russian bike parts?

This snow and cold needs to quit. I'm thinking I might plan a Tennessee trip via scooter in the next month or two. Why the Hell not. I have some vacation saved up.

If this weekend holds out like my fancy phone says it will, anybody going out for a ride?
I'm also looking for cheaper gps options. My tomtom ONE works awesome but I can't get a ram mount for it. I was just jaming the suction cup thing between the seat and tank on my xr.
Yup.. random night.

zookiemike is offline   Reply With Quote