ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #5431
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
Those tires won't last long doing that very much Kent..... Hell it is only $$$$$. Sounds like a good time.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #5432
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentnothstine View Post
What a beautiful ride yesterday.
What a great day.
Rained yesterday in the southwest Mitt but today is spectacular. I'm having lunch at the Stable Inn which is just south of Grand Haven. The Coast Guard Festival is going on. Even with all the ladies in daisy dukes the town is too busy for me. It's like a big pirate fest without the pirates.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #5433
CharlieT
old school

Oddometer: 1,641
Starting to notice a trend here. Virtually every ride report involves where and what the person had to eat. I think we are seeing the oldgoat's RTE influence here.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #5434
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
Starting to notice a trend here. Virtually every ride report involves where and what the person had to eat. I think we are seeing the oldgoat's RTE influence here.

I hate staying home so I eat out alot. I ride my bikes everyday so RTEs are a normal, daily ritual. It's rough but someone has to do it.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #5435
CharlieT
old school

You know old goat, Ted has a degree in Journalism and has written for national magazines, covered international races, etc. Maybe you two should collaborate on a book......"The Old Goat's Definitive Guide to RTE's in Michigan".

Old 08-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #5436
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
You know old goat, Ted has a degree in Journalism and has written for national magazines, covered international races, etc. Maybe you two should collaborate on a book......"The Old Goat's Definitive Guide to RTE's in Michigan".
I aint no stink'n old goat yet you pony tailed hippie head. We'll need a different title. Besides Michigan doesn't have enough really good places to eat to fill anymore than a page or two. Now Texas, that's a different story. If Ted really wants to pen a RTE journal he should hook up with this guy......http://ridetoeat.com/
Old 08-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #5437
kentnothstine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Those tires won't last long doing that very much Kent..... Hell it is only $$$$$. Sounds like a good time.
I picked up another set of wheels and put some Avon Distanzia I had on them. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Once your crotch gets wet it's all over.
kentnothstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #5438
GatorDoc
Boot

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Hey EXORGT.....looks like we need to meet GatorDoc on a Muskegon road trip. So many chow huts and so little time.... Welcome back to WestMI GatorDoc. Looks like you will fit in! Where are you and what do you ride?
Thanks for the welcome! You guys are welcome to visit my neck of the woods anytime - I live and work in the Whitehall/Montague area, mostly. Should be moving soon, but plan to stay in the general area.

I'm riding a Tiger 800, got it while I was stationed on Pendleton and like it even more now that I've had the pleasure of enjoying our fine Michigan roads on it.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #5439
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,622
Quote:
What a beautiful ride yesterday. I rode the KLX from TC up 31 to Makinac City.

Me and 2 friends left from my house headed north on 31 stoped in Elk Rapids for breakfast. Next we took off again on 31 into Petoskey then to the tunnel of trees. Just before we got to the tunnel of trees, we stoped at a gas station right before the tunnel of trees and just so happens, they were doing a customer appreciation day, free hot dogs pop chips and 1oz beer samples from the Petoskey Brewing company . Then a nice leisurely ride through the the tunnel of trees then to Mackinaw City,

After Mackinaw we headed south to the Legs inn, ate some good Polish food. Then we headed south split ways and I headed home.

What a great day.
Good to hear man. I'll be up in Mackinac from the 11th to the 16th when I start my 2 day ride home. I have to be in Holland at 2pm on the 17th to work. I'll hit you up to see if you can ride.

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #5440
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Quote:
I picked up another set of wheels and put some Avon Distanzia I had on them. Lol
Good call. I'm in love with this DR350 and if I ride it as much as I think I will I might do the same.

For now I'm running the Michelin T63 which is cheap enough to find middle ground.

2013 V-Strom
Old 08-02-2013, 03:26 AM   #5441
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:

So that splains' it then. Sort of a motard
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #5442
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Good call. I'm in love with this DR350 and if I ride it as much as I think I will I might do the same.

If and when we go for a ride we'll have to do a bike swap. I think you'll enjoy another 300ccs. Unless you've been doing Weight Watchers since I saw you last I think the bigger DR would be a better fit. The little DR is a better technical bike but for our kind of riding the big boy is the better bike. As an added bonus we have the Doctor of DR650s just down the street, MXRob.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #5443
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
If and when we go for a ride we'll have to do a bike swap. I think you'll enjoy another 300ccs. Unless you've been doing Weight Watchers since I saw you last I think the bigger DR would be a better fit. The little DR is a better technical bike but for our kind of riding the big boy is the better bike. As an added bonus we have the Doctor of DR650s just down the street, MXRob.
That would be great, and I could see how the extra torque of a 650 would be helpful.

2013 V-Strom
Old 08-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #5444
CharlieT
old school

An advantage to a GoldWing:

So need an opinion from the experts. Is it still an RTE if you get a to-go order??

BTW, that apple pie was delicious!!

Old 08-03-2013, 04:46 AM   #5445
motodutch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
sunday church

Any one know when and where Sunday morning motorcyclists meet in Grand Rapids?
motodutch is offline   Reply With Quote