ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #5551
motodutch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Charlie, I have been in the car repair business all my life. I can't tell you how many times I have been accused of screwing some thing up that I never even touched.
Sometimes its malicious but most of the time I think its just ignorance. Some times you have forgive people for not having a clue.
motodutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #5552
patj
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
"After a few more exchanges I tell him to fire it up and get it out of the shop and to never bring another bike in here again." ....I wish I could have been there to see this part...HEY GOATMAN, did you see your bike on the inside back cover of the new Rider magazine? geez I bet your head is puffing right up!
patj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #5553
simbaboy
Lansing MBS

Oddometer: 545
Mrs Simba tries dirt

on her Suzuki Burgman 650 and is now wanting her own DS bike. Life is Great!

We were riding from Lansing Area going North to St.Johns for a cup of coffee and decided to ride some dirt roads. She loved it and even got off the seat. Wow, even I rarely ride the pegs.

YES. ATGATT. Except this once.

Simba

simbaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #5554
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,124
Rode over to Detroit Friday. It got dark about halfway between Flint and Dtown when I noticed that I couldn't see the road. Dang low beam burned out. I had to use the high beam the rest of the way. I'm surprised no one flashed me or gave me the bird. I hate riding on I-75 but needed to get to Troy and meet some friends so I hauled ass. Haul ass to me is riding between 80 and 90. I was a weaving and a bobbing and no one passed me. Not my type of riding but I must admit it was kinda fun. 90 in traffic at night is a rush. I'm glad my PC doesn't go much faster.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:02 AM   #5555
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
Rode over to Detroit Friday. It got dark about halfway between Flint and Dtown when I noticed that I couldn't see the road. Dang low beam burned out. I had to use the high beam the rest of the way. I'm surprised no one flashed me or gave me the bird. I hate riding on I-75 but needed to get to Troy and meet some friends so I hauled ass. Haul ass to me is riding between 80 and 90. I was a weaving and a bobbing and no one passed me. Not my type of riding but I must admit it was kinda fun. 90 in traffic at night is a rush. I'm glad my PC doesn't go much faster.
I know this stretch very well and try to avoid it even in my car/truck. You sir, are a madman on a deathwish.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #5556
MKorn
2whl Addict

Oddometer: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
Only have had a couple of similar situations, but seriously thinking of going over some of these bikes with the owner when they bring it in so we can document what is working and what is not even though it may have nothing to do with what they brought it in for.

This type of stuff with customers is why i gave up my side business of landscaping.
02 Nighthawk 750 (sold)
06 DRz 400s
MKorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #5557
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
I know this stretch very well and try to avoid it even in my car/truck. You sir, are a madman on a deathwish.
That's not my normal MO. I'm a five over the limit guy. I took 75 back north from the metro this morning. Most traffic was heading into the city so it was a easy ride. I like to get off at the first Holley exit and take back roads across to near Lansing. I go through Holley and Fenton, Linden and Byron before getting back on the highway by Perry. This a excellent ride! The roads are twisty and the towns remind me a little of New England. One bad note from today's ride; Janelles Resturant in Byron burned down. Dang! It was one of my favorite RTEs. It was in a old brick building with alot of character and good food. RIP Janelles

exoff-roadgoat screwed with this post 08-26-2013 at 05:35 PM
Old 08-27-2013, 04:49 AM   #5558
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,624
Providing services to the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKorn View Post
This type of stuff with customers is why i gave up my side business of landscaping.
I can relate. HVAC guy here. Ran a service van for 19 yrs doing residential and commercial service. It sux out there. My opinion of the general public is very poor because of it.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:28 AM   #5559
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,228
You want to develope a bad attitude for mankind? Work in a prison system for 30 yrs.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #5560
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
You want to develope a bad attitude for mankind? Work in a prison system for 30 yrs.
So did you work in the laundry or kitchen?.................Just kidding boss.I see it rained hard by you this morning. Good for keeping the dust down.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #5561
XArmy
uhhhhh......

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
You want to develop a bad attitude for mankind?
I'm sorry, but I have to add to that...

Or try being in the Army and fighting 2 wars against groups that claim they are a "peaceful" religion, but in reality want us dead based on the fact that we don't believe the way they do. Then come home and listen to the "average" ignoramus Americans (who has figuratively never left their front porch) tell you why we need to pull out of the wars and why the U.S. is in the wrong, watch the talking idiots on TV tell us we need to accept everyone, and sigh at the people elected by these same "average" Americans. I may have a slight bitter taste toward the "average" American.... Don't get me wrong, I love my country and serve it proudly, but damn it.... I'll leave it at that.

I apologize if I offend anyone, but as I am sitting in a "peaceful" country for the 3rd time right now, I tend to see things a little different than the guy sitting on his porch.
XArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #5562
Reddog*
^ "Look up"

Oddometer: 2,626
Politics and bitching will get this thread thrown in the basement.

Lets try to keep it about riding west Mi.
Reddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #5563
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog* View Post
Politics and bitching will get this thread thrown in the basement.

Lets try to keep it about riding west Mi.
......Yeah...Not only did my head light burn out on I-75 in rush hour traffic but the pig bike fell over and broke a mirror. Damit! Service Honda to the red courtesy phone.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #5564
CharlieT
old school

Oddometer: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
......Yeah...Not only did my head light burn out on I-75 in rush hour traffic but the pig bike fell over and broke a mirror. Damit! Service Honda to the red courtesy phone.
Yikes! If you need the complete mirror, you better be sitting down when you get the price. Looked it up and our cost is over $200!!!! Try some duct tape and superglue.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #5565
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
Yikes! If you need the complete mirror, you better be sitting down when you get the price. Looked it up and our cost is over $200!!!! Try some duct tape and superglue.
. Thank god the plastic
didn't break just the glass. Still not cheap but we all must pay for our sins.