ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #6886
Kawasakirob
Flick the Bean

Oddometer: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by motodutch View Post
Rob.
This is not Colorado, every other road is not going to be a twisty canyon. Not to say that are not some good roads about, but for the most part there are houses, drive ways and people backing up boats every where. M22, old mission point and 119 are all good roads with some challenging sections but the houses and cottages are pretty close to the road. I feel your pain. My canyon in Colo. was 12.5 miles long and had 160 apexes. The Real motorcycle challenge up here are on the dirt roads and 2 tracts.
Completely understand. I even have on/off ramps on my radar, thats how big of a dork I am

Simply trying to obtain as much knowledge as I possibly can in order to mount a full on assault when the time comes.
Crutchlow #35, Hayden #69, Sykes #66, Herrin #2

Go Edwards # 5
Go Stoner #27
Kawasakirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #6887
arctic954
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 475
West Michigan

i hear ya on the house thing......but there are some great loops if you chain them together right. houses aside. i have a great street ALASKA, ADA, Cannonsburg street twisties route that is a terrific 1 1/2 hour run.....

Have a friend that knows Gun Lake & Bass Lake.....he has chained together some amazing routes that I still have trouble figuring out.

As far as Pinkney.....I grew up in Pleasant Lake....just of few miles west of there. (I lived north of Jackson). there indeed are some amazing roads that way. Theres also a TON of gravels roads to boot too. Been wanting to create a route, see the parents, and head down that way. Also......M-50 though Lake Odessa is a country-isk way of getting there instead of super slab....

--- if you time it right, you can also stop by to check out a MiSuperMoto day in Jackson. (they usually run the one time a month on Sundays)
arctic954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #6888
motodutch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic954 View Post
i hear ya on the house thing......but there are some great loops if you chain them together right. houses aside. i have a great street ALASKA, ADA, Cannonsburg street twisties route that is a terrific 1 1/2 hour run.....

Have a friend that knows Gun Lake & Bass Lake.....he has chained together some amazing routes that I still have trouble figuring out.

As far as Pinkney.....I grew up in Pleasant Lake....just of few miles west of there. (I lived north of Jackson). there indeed are some amazing roads that way. Theres also a TON of gravels roads to boot too. Been wanting to create a route, see the parents, and head down that way. Also......M-50 though Lake Odessa is a country-isk way of getting there instead of super slab....

--- if you time it right, you can also stop by to check out a MiSuperMoto day in Jackson. (they usually run the one time a month on Sundays)
I may be ok with that, if you guys don't mind a 63yr. old has been road racer tagging along
Old 02-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #6889
arctic954
Gnarly Adventurer

West Michigan

ill ride with any old school road racer any day. My days of blasting country roads on the GSXR are few and far between.

The Vstrom 650 keeps me fairly in check these days.....but not completely.... :)

seriously though, i look forward to riding with you all.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #6890
Kawasakirob
Flick the Bean

Heck yeah! Sounds good.

Go Edwards # 5
Go Stoner #27
Old 02-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #6891
motodutch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawasakirob View Post
Heck yeah! Sounds good.
ah the good old days young fearless and a bevel head Ducati

Old 02-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #6892
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,831
Charlie T:

What do you think a clean 80' CM400t w/ 35k miles should fetch? (winter price of course)

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:40 PM   #6893
Kawasakirob
Flick the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by motodutch View Post
ah the good old days young fearless and a bevel head Ducati

Nice Pic! I need to read up on the Bevel Head Ducati. Not familiar with it. Is that track out in Colorado? Are those mountains in the background?

Go Edwards # 5
Go Stoner #27
Old 02-06-2014, 06:34 PM   #6894
arctic954
Gnarly Adventurer

West Michigan

ah.....I love pics like those. guys hauling ass on old school bikes.

gives me Eddie Lawson flashbacks.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #6895
CharlieT
old school

Oddometer: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Charlie T:

What do you think a clean 80' CM400t w/ 35k miles should fetch? (winter price of course)

Well, Kind of hate doing this based on a pic alone. Seeing it up close and in person can make a lot of difference.

No rips in seat, tank rust & dent free, no rust on fork tubes, clean pipes runs good, idles good. Could be worth anywhere from $800-1200...without seeing it for myself.

With a few cheap mods, they can be real fun little bike to ride.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #6896
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawasakirob View Post
What roads are you talking about in the Leelanau area?

Thanks everyone for the feedback on 119.
Nevermind. No decent roads in Leelanau County. I need keep my trap shut and lurk more.
exoff-roadgoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:41 PM   #6897
Steelheader911
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
New guy here and to motorcycles in general. From Muskegon and looking for my first bike. I know its winter but I got the itch and will be taking my MSF class in May. Looking for a 200-350cc bike somewhere in the West Michigan area for $2000 or less. I've come across a few bikes, they either seem overpriced to me or basically on the other side of the state. Thought I would check in here to see if anyone is waiting to sell on a bike til spring. If anyone has any leads it would be most appreciated. Thanks!
Steelheader911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #6898
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelheader911 View Post
New guy here and to motorcycles in general. From Muskegon and looking for my first bike. I know its winter but I got the itch and will be taking my MSF class in May. Looking for a 200-350cc bike somewhere in the West Michigan area for $2000 or less. I've come across a few bikes, they either seem overpriced to me or basically on the other side of the state. Thought I would check in here to see if anyone is waiting to sell on a bike til spring. If anyone has any leads it would be most appreciated. Thanks!
Hey, welcome! I don't have one but keep watching. The only thing I've seen like that is late model Ninja 250 and 300's that the owners are asking silly prices for.

In fact, I think CL around is just full of a lot of crazy people lately, lol.

You looking for on road, off or DS?

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:16 AM   #6899
Steelheader911
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Hey, welcome! I don't have one but keep watching. The only thing I've seen like that is late model Ninja 250 and 300's that the owners are asking silly prices for.

In fact, I think CL around is just full of a lot of crazy people lately, lol.

You looking for on road, off or DS?
ahhh forgot to specify, looking for a dual sport.
Steelheader911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:56 AM   #6900
CharlieT
old school

Oddometer: 1,642
Didn't somebody on here have a XL/XR 250 for sale recently??

Or get to know Simba, he buys bikes then turns around a sells them a week later. Just had a nice Sherpa that he sold.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote