ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #8326
Padilen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
I'll probably be selling one of the two. That one or the one I already have that you can see in the background. Haven't decided yet ass I wasn't expecting him to throw the trailer in along with the bike.

When you decide you could you let me know what your selling,and price.
Thanks
Old 07-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #8327
Kawasakirob
Flick the Bean

Oddometer: 836
Anyone know of a reputable suspension guru in the area? Preferably not a dealer.
Crutchlow #35, Hayden #69, Sykes #66, Herrin #2, Noyes #9

Go Edwards # 5
Go Stoner #27
Kawasakirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #8328
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,654
Quote:
Well.....43 yrs ago today, Stephanie and I got hitched. I'd say it seems like just yesterday, but I'd be lying. But it HAS been a good run so far.
Congrats to both of you, that's awesome.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:59 PM   #8329
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawasakirob View Post
Anyone know of a reputable suspension guru in the area? Preferably not a dealer.
Been doing bizznus with these folks for years. Kind of far for you but....they are good. Buy most of my OEM stuff from them also.
Linky;
http://www.tech-care.com/

fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #8330
motodutch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawasakirob View Post
Rob,
What do you need done?
Old 07-15-2014, 05:29 PM   #8331
Magna4ever
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranger View Post
I actually had a bad experience ordering a part for a snowmobile from Babbitts once. I purchased the part online paid for with credit card. After three weeks and no part showed up I finally called them. The woman on the phone informed me the part was not in stock and it would be 3 months until they expected it in! When I asked to cancel the order and get a refund she turned rude real fast. They did not focus much on customer service. The whole deal just left a bad impression with me.
I had the SAME issue with Babbits. Ordered and paid for the part online and then had to call many times. Finally gave up. They got my money - I got no part. Wasn't worth my time and gas to drive over there and go toe-to-toe with them. Now I get my sled parts from Fox in GR - I ask for the Babbits price and usually get it!
Magna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #8332
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna4ever View Post
I had the SAME issue with Babbits. Ordered and paid for the part online and then had to call many times. Finally gave up. They got my money - I got no part. Wasn't worth my time and gas to drive over there and go toe-to-toe with them. Now I get my sled parts from Fox in GR - I ask for the Babbits price and usually get it!
Damn it :(

O well, I really shouldn't be so cynical about dealers. My experiences haven't been all that bad, certainly not as bad as yours or Ryan's.

After further reflection and a PM from DFRNT, I'll go into it with an open mind both about the dealer and about the issue itself which could be caused by any multitude of problems.

However, in the end I will let you all know how it worked out for me and how responsive the dealer was in resolving the issue...for better or worse.

An informed populous and all right?
Old 07-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #8333
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Damn it :(

O well, I really shouldn't be so cynical about dealers. My experiences haven't been all that bad, certainly not as bad as yours or Ryan's.

After further reflection and a PM from DFRNT, I'll go into it with an open mind both about the dealer and about the issue itself which could be caused by any multitude of problems.

However, in the end I will let you all know how it worked out for me and how responsive the dealer was in resolving the issue...for better or worse.

An informed populous and all right?
Exactly this Jeff. Your experience dealing with the service department on a warranty repair very well could and hopefully will be much better then dealing with their online sales department. Hopefully you have good results.
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #8334
Munmi4
Munmi

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Both those covers were off as that's where he fastened the tie-downs to. I think he tipped it over sitting in his garage, the CG got the best of him!!

So is this like my Goldwings.....cruise all day long at 85mph without skipping a beat? Going to have to check that link out, haven't even looked at any of the specs on it. Also look at the owners manual as I've already forgotten what have the buttons and levers do that he showed me.
First and very important....this link http://www.bmwlt.com/ubbthreads/show...&sb=5&o=0&vc=1
describes the proper method for tie-down of the K1200LT. Stay away from the tip-over bars or handlebars.

The bike will match the Wing in some ways, but really shines when you drop a couple gears and roll up the revs. It is a blast in the twisties of Appalachia or for us Michiganders...Tunnel of Trees. It feels a bit top heavy at driveway speeds but as soon as you get over 10mph, it's a blast. The feel of top heavy goes away quickly.

Enjoy the ride. :)
www.upcruising.com
Munmi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:11 PM   #8335
Kawasakirob
Flick the Bean

Oddometer: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
Been doing bizznus with these folks for years. Kind of far for you but....they are good. Buy most of my OEM stuff from them also.
Linky;
http://www.tech-care.com/

good deal thank You! My rebound adjust seems stripped. The screw keeps on turning and turning and turning.
Crutchlow #35, Hayden #69, Sykes #66, Herrin #2, Noyes #9

Go Edwards # 5
Go Stoner #27
Kawasakirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:41 AM   #8336
Indyscotch
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
Copper Harbor/Brockway Mt., Lake in the Clouds. Just do it.
Thanks for the tip. I have been looking at Copper Harbor and was concerned about having the time to get there and back. Nevertheless I could always audible if time gets short.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:17 AM   #8337
CharlieT
old school

Oddometer: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munmi4 View Post
First and very important....this link http://www.bmwlt.com/ubbthreads/show...&sb=5&o=0&vc=1
describes the proper method for tie-down of the K1200LT. Stay away from the tip-over bars or handlebars.

The bike will match the Wing in some ways, but really shines when you drop a couple gears and roll up the revs. It is a blast in the twisties of Appalachia or for us Michiganders...Tunnel of Trees. It feels a bit top heavy at driveway speeds but as soon as you get over 10mph, it's a blast. The feel of top heavy goes away quickly.

Enjoy the ride. :)
He actually had the thing in some kind of big fancy clamping front wheel chock that looked to me to hold the bike well enough that I doubt any front straps were even needed.

Hard to compare handling with my wing, since that has a sidecar hooked to it, but like a wing, compared to the Valkyrie, definitely more top heavy feel at parking lot , walking speeds. Power band characteristics seem much more similar to my 1200 wing than the Valkyrie, no where near the lower rpm torque of the Valkyrie which has no need to drop a gear. Oh, and the Valkyrie handles great, better than the wings in my opinion, not much of a chicken strip left at the end of the dragon, especially with Ted riding it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:21 AM   #8338
MKorn
2whl Addict

Oddometer: 743
Quote:
Well.....43 yrs ago today, Stephanie and I got hitched. I'd say it seems like just yesterday, but I'd be lying. But it HAS been a good run so far.

Congratz Charlie ... funny how time fly's.

Next week is my wife and I's 21st married anniversary ... we have been together for 32 years ...
02 Nighthawk 750 (sold)
06 DRz 400s
MKorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:39 AM   #8339
Munmi4
Munmi

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
He actually had the thing in some kind of big fancy clamping front wheel chock that looked to me to hold the bike well enough that I doubt any front straps were even needed.

Hard to compare handling with my wing, since that has a sidecar hooked to it, but like a wing, compared to the Valkyrie, definitely more top heavy feel at parking lot , walking speeds. Power band characteristics seem much more similar to my 1200 wing than the Valkyrie, no where near the lower rpm torque of the Valkyrie which has no need to drop a gear. Oh, and the Valkyrie handles great, better than the wings in my opinion, not much of a chicken strip left at the end of the dragon, especially with Ted riding it.
The Baxley Sport Chock is perfect for the LT. I have one, too.
The LT has a tall first gear and does not have a quick jump at start. Also has a dry clutch so starts and shifts work a bit different.
www.upcruising.com
Munmi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:45 AM   #8340
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,987
Marshall Blues Festival

http://www.marshallbluesfest.com/

What's up with this? Anybody going?
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote