Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #61
bt390
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuckexc
the stock fender helps the bike run cooler. A high fender is for offroad. I love all you posers

Thanks for the help!
bt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:05 PM   #62
Dangerboy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSrider
That looks great !! I have the same year and color bike. I was wondering who made white palstic. Do the fork gaurds only come in orange? Once again great job. I'll be copying you just so you know.
That looks real good. That may be my next mod. Good job. Thanks for sharing
Old 08-25-2010, 06:15 PM   #63
Lear60man
Sleeping

Oddometer: 717
FYI I just ordered the parts from KTMtwins and it came out to be $260 with a nice little email saying that my parts should ship in 5-7 days.

its for a 950 S.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:04 PM   #64
howl
990 Adventure

Oddometer: 94
Hello
A High mudguard is fine if you drill a few holes for air to get to the rad, never had any problems .
howl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #65
Zombie025
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty
Good shit in this thread for the 990 conversion, many different configs. Thanks for all the good pics of the abs sensor chop and different routings.

I need to find a fender that doesn't restrict the air flow to the radiator, trying the Acerbis SM next, the one i have now totally fuks the air flow.

Thanks to all, the closeup pics are wonderful...
I followed the great instruction http://www.ktm950.info/how/Farkels/a...ender_kit.html (btw: Thanks!)
Here's the closeup of the horizontal fins that allow a good airflow and offer very good protection of the radiator against mud and stones
Zombie025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:22 AM   #66
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurkon View Post
Actually, I think I paid an extra $10 but ordered locally from Blackfoot Motorsports. However, the quote for $120 (a little under I believe) was from here:

www.ktm-parts.com

These are the parts I ordered:

1 7650801000030 KTM 690 Enduro Front Fender Black
1 4700109400030 FORK PROTECTOR L/S R/S 85SX 03
4 59001092050 SPECIAL SCREW M6X12.5 WS=8 .
4 0014060203 HH COLLAR SCREW M6X20 WS=8
4 54808020000 SPACER BUSHING
2 60013025100 - BRAKE HOSE GUIDE FRONT 03
2 60013025050 - RUBBER FOR BRAKE HOSE GUIDE03

Note, this will only work for the 990, and not the 950.
Hey man, you must have been running this front awhile now. Work out well? This is a complete parts list? I am trying to figure out a high fender for my 2011 right now and this seems like a great option and waaaay cheaper than the kit for the 990 anywhere else.
Thanks.
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #67
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beema Killa View Post
Hey man, you must have been running this front awhile now. Work out well? This is a complete parts list? I am trying to figure out a high fender for my 2011 right now and this seems like a great option and waaaay cheaper than the kit for the 990 anywhere else.
Thanks.

Sent you a PM about this, but...

2009 + Advs already have reconfigured brake lines, so you don't need all the extra stuff as shown above.

A few weeks ago, I installed the new Acerbis Universal SuperMoto fender*. Wasn't pre-drilled, but that was also pretty simple... marked and drilled in about 10 minutes. Bolts up pretty clean and is solid. At $24 bucks from Motorcycle Superstore ( another $5 to ship) it's a pretty good deal, too.

*Just a placeholder till CJ gets ready to make a carbon fiber front fender/fork guard kit!

In case anyone's interested, I ordered up 4 bolts from a KTM 85 SX fork guard set (ordered the fork guards, too... were back-ordered, but Ron just shipped them today) from KTMTwins.com and used these to mount the fender... fit perfectly.

(KTM Part#59001092050 ~ #92 on the Micro Fiche)

I also ordered a set of the KTM 85 SX fork guards... waiting on the correct black set to arrive, but I already know a custom bracket/adapter will be needed to mount them up solidly. Working on a simple design and will post here when it's complete.
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #68
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Oddometer: 726
Nice thanks!
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #69
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie025 View Post
I followed the great instruction http://www.ktm950.info/how/Farkels/a...ender_kit.html (btw: Thanks!)
Here's the closeup of the horizontal fins that allow a good airflow and offer very good protection of the radiator against mud and stones
That's the fender to use IMHO speaking from zero personal experience of course, if it flows well enough for an SE it will be fine here I'm sure. Plus there's the upside of it actually looking like it might belong on that bike unlike the round lines of an RFS/EXC or stubby SM fender.

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #70
Sumi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplenickel View Post
That's the fender to use IMHO speaking from zero personal experience of course, if it flows well enough for an SE it will be fine here I'm sure. Plus there's the upside of it actually looking like it might belong on that bike unlike the round lines of an RFS/EXC or stubby SM fender.
Actually it's a 690e fender on the picture.. But apart from the colour, it's the same as the SE's fender I believe:)
Old 03-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #71
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumi View Post
Actually it's a 690e fender on the picture.. But apart from the colour, it's the same as the SE's fender I believe:)
Thanks tips! It is the same apart from color I have a black one on my SE.

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #72
lukeinlondon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 431
hmmm might do that orange fork guard mod on my 950SMR!..tempted to do white as i am going to get SMT white spoilers...soon
lukeinlondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #73
sakurama
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,407
It's been ages since I put this fender on my bike and it's held up for 7 years so I have no complaints. The rear vents broke maybe three years ago and so, while they were still there but broken, I cut them off to make the rear just that much shorter. Never had any (unusual) overheating problems - just the normal ones. The second fan seems to have fixed that.

Anyway, it hasn't been mentioned and I like the look of it. Cedea carbon fibre supermoto fender.

It might be different now but mine wasn't shiny. When I repainted my screen and frenched the vents I cleared the fender. It's starting to get a bit ratty but then 7 years and 70,000 miles is a long time for this to have lasted on my bike. I'd get another.

Gregor
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #74
Lurkerlou
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
I purchased a 690 Supermoto and a 690 enduro fender and although I loved the Supermoto's look way better the shape ( more the curvature) didn't fit the wheel size visually. It wouldn't have made contact even under full compression but I think for now I will be running the enduro version.

SM version, looks good with the orange in the middle

Front Shot

690 Enduro front fender

Front

Fork guard mounts too

All that being said if CJ made a CF version I'd have a really hard time holding back from pulling the trigger.
Lurkerlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #75
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,214
I run that same SM Version. Love the look and it blocks debris and cools very well