Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2008, 08:52 PM   #3241
liferider
Never It's enough

Oddometer: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle
Maybe the majority of LC4 riders who use this forum do subscribe to your logic, but some folks make me want to quote you! I was considering it, and doing a bit of editorial work (in case you notice). Thank you for the compliments; is compassion also know as altruism? For me it is more of a symbiotic thing; I need help! Creeper is definitely the altruistic one, although it is pretty rewarding to share knowledge eh?
I noticed your "editorial work", Meat_Popsicle, and I think never it's enough.
Altruism? yes! I think Altruism is what is needed to do what you both are doing, and I should include it in my write.
I wrote Compassion because it implicitly talks about the receptors of it, that is ... us, simple, mortal people ascending the Mont Parnasse trying to reach the Universal Knowledge Summit.
And you named the magic words: "to share knowledge" ... only human being can possible think about Knowledge as an individual possession and decide not to share it. People needs to be aware that they are receiving the blessing of Knowledge every minute for free, and that the 98% of what they know is thanks to somedody else ... so, whose is Knowledge? just do the maths!

Quote:
I was nervous about posting the suggestion. It did go very badly once before, particularly when the fella's buddy said he did ride the rear brake but I thought it couldn't hurt to offer the suggestion, particularly since - as you say below - I don't know you.
To know what may be the correct thing to say and not to asume the responsibility of saying it, is unforgiven.
But I recognize it's a tough one, anyway. We can never be sure how is received what we say, no matter how much good will we have put in our words.

Quote:
Although I would love to ride down and meet you someday. Always wanted to wander around America del Sur...
It would be great if you decide to wander around here, and even better if we can meet someday. If you are telling me that seriously (and I hope so), please keep in mind you have a place to ride and rest in Patagonia! Just let me know...

A set of tires, u$200; a GPS, u$300; a ride with a friend, is priceless! for everything else, Mast(Rid)erCard.
liferider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:29 PM   #3242
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 931
Alright dudes - with the guaranteed risk of showing my stupidity, what's the word on the KTM 640 Adv line? I seem to see that 2007 was the last year, but if I look on Cycletrader I see dealers listing 2008's with the "Call for Price" caveat?

I've searched through (many pages) of this thread and some of the LC4 index thread. The 640 Adv's aren't shown on the KTM corporate website. I'm sorry as I'm sure this is a repost, but could someone please enlighten this noob as to what's going on? Are they being replaced with the 690?

Thanks guys,
J
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:15 PM   #3243
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_N_Fodder
Alright dudes - with the guaranteed risk of showing my stupidity, what's the word on the KTM 640 Adv line? I seem to see that 2007 was the last year, but if I look on Cycletrader I see dealers listing 2008's with the "Call for Price" caveat?

I've searched through (many pages) of this thread and some of the LC4 index thread. The 640 Adv's aren't shown on the KTM corporate website. I'm sorry as I'm sure this is a repost, but could someone please enlighten this noob as to what's going on? Are they being replaced with the 690?

Thanks guys,
J
Hey ya,

The 640 is replaced by the 690, and they have not released an Adventure model. You can check with KTM North America to see if there are any 07 640A's left, but otherwise you are looking for a used bike.

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:14 AM   #3244
LeatherFoot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
New 2007

Hi all,
I just bought, on July 25, 2008 a "new" 2007 with 68 miles that was returned to the dealer after being purchased and not ridden for a year by the 1st owner. After looking for over a year I got what I feel is an excellent deal at more than $2,000 off list price and the nubs weren't even worn off the tires yet. The breakin was a little tuff with the vibes and keeping out of the the throttle, but I love this bike. It really seems to be smoothing out. Best machine I have ever ridden. It seems like it does everything good to me. And the best part, I have put 1600 miles on it so far and every day it seems to be running better. I am so happy with this machine . I use it for an 80 mile commute and hope to put 100k miles on this bike. Do you think this is possible?
LeatherFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:35 AM   #3245
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 931
Quote:
Hey ya,

The 640 is replaced by the 690, and they have not released an Adventure model. You can check with KTM North America to see if there are any 07 640A's left, but otherwise you are looking for a used bike.
Thank you sir! Hell of a thread you guys have going here...
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:53 AM   #3246
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherFoot
... I use it for an 80 mile commute and hope to put 100k miles on this bike. Do you think this is possible?
Yes if you keep up with the regular maintenance, but when you get up around 50K you need to start considering major engine service. Take a look in the index for "longevity" threads: how many miles, service, problems, etc. There are a couple where folks discuss their senior LC4s.

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:01 PM   #3247
Chad M
Custom User Title

Oddometer: 746
Here was mine, it's a 2006 model.

edit: picture's gone.
Attached Images

Chad M screwed with this post 12-17-2008 at 12:32 PM
Chad M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:29 PM   #3248
DirtWarrior
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
For anyone in the Bay Area, theres an 06 640 up for sale on Craigslist-
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/800617223.html -
DirtWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #3249
Louisdut
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 633
Hi form the Uk England not long had the 640 but love it

Louis
Louisdut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:07 PM   #3250
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 739
Louis

You must have the front end levitator installed, mine seems glued to planet earth.
Ryman is online now   Reply With Quote