Old 04-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #3711
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,697
Pete640's fairing pic's

Quote:
Originally Posted by liferider
Show her !!! pics! pics! pics!
I don't know what happenned to Pete's pic's but he did send me a couple of the fairing he made. He used my Rallye fairing to take a mold and then modified it to make it a fair bit taller again.

My 640 fairing as used in the Australasian Safari last year with the top half of the mold in front:
[IMG][/IMG]

Pete's 640 with modified Ralye fairing. He has made the height about 2" higher than my already taller Rallye fairing. He also put a slight lip on the sides and the top to deflect little more airflow. He tells me it removes all buffeting from the head and shoulders.
[IMG][/IMG]

If you're interested in a fairing, let me know and I can probably organise one for you.
Cheers
JayBo
KTM 530 EXC-R (R for Rally, right!!) ... or Retired or Redundant
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #3712
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 5,153
WOW! that came out super clean! Nice job on the new fairing. I'm sure I don't want to know what it would cost to ship one over here
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #3713
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,160
shipping is not bad to Aus, but I don't know if from is the same or not.

Might want to state Pete's height so folks can gauge the wind protection.

Looks very nice - what's the paint?

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #3714
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,894
If anyone is interested, I bought this fairing off Farioli. He had an unused one listed in the flea market, but I missed it, so he offered up this used one. I haven't listed it yet in the flea market. I planned to use it on mine, but it doesn't quite fit the stock dash. I should have taken pictures of my attempt. Sorry if this is the wrong place for it.

These are the pictures Farioli had taken of the two. First picture is the one I bought. It's fiberglass and would need a little touching up here and there.

This was the new one he had for sale, and a good idea of the size.

B-Rod screwed with this post 04-13-2009 at 07:51 PM
B-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:06 AM   #3715
Slowflyer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Greetings from Norway

My -03. Bought it last year with ~18500km on the meter. Complete with cases, bags and a Zumo 550 GPS + touratech bracket ! :-)

Some small (tiny) issues :
- Tiny (very tiny) oil leak from one of the EPC sensor switches ... i think ... Impossible to reach (with any of the tools I've got) without removing the oil filter cover (or atleast the banjo bolt) ... So I'll just keep an eye on it, and re-tighten/seal it at the next oil-change.

- Starter clutch slipping ... Would a bad/weak/worn starter motor cause the sprague clutch slipping ? .

- Seems that the prev. owner (one of them) has stripped the threads for one of the oilfilter cover bolts ... One bolt is ~5mm longer than the two others ... Tightens nicely and doesn't leak, so it's more of an "annoyance" than a problem ... 2 M6x25 + one M6x30 + washer ...
Has anyone succesfully helicoiled (or fixed by other means) stripped threads for the filter cover?

BR

/J from Norway

Slowflyer screwed with this post 04-13-2009 at 12:26 AM
Slowflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:55 AM   #3716
Pete640
I hate sand.......

Oddometer: 1,622
640A Fairing

Thanks John - the pic wouldn't load up last night on the server - dont know why. The black in the pic (around lights and under indicators) is CF for a bit of bling factor. Came out at under 1 kg and was finished in single pack cos its about to get a beating across AUS.
As for me I'm 182cm tall/short and it cuts the bobble head out of my ride over 100km/h. Hwy gearing atm - 17/40 which makes for 105km/h @ 4000 rpm, cruising without the wind in my hair - of which I dont have much.
The mould I've made is of the complete fairing - so if there is interest for rallye or touring applications let Jaybo or me know.

When you dropping those panels around John? I love to paint??? Good to get your views on a couple of things.

Oh yeah - and I also moulded the rallye plate if anyone is interested. It protects the petcock and bottom of the tank being 10mm wider either side and and connects at 7 points. (Very sturdy/bulletproof) (2xCF/8xAramid/2xCF) epoxy vac bag lay up. PM me for pics if your interested - I cant get this dang thing to load up - still?????

Pete640 screwed with this post 04-13-2009 at 04:33 AM
Pete640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:27 AM   #3717
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 5,153
Very nice layup Pete, I'm sure one of those would work nicely on mine. At about 177 cm my head isn't too far over my fairing right now, but then again I have nothing to compare it to, to feel the difference?
Do you have any picks of your tank guards yet? Just curious about those as I have a set of Chris Barnes ready to mount when I put my bike back together.

The other items I like on B-Rod's machine are the little handguard extensions-I need something with more coverage than the stockers to keep the cold and rain a little further away from my digits.
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #3718
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete640
... The mould I've made is of the complete fairing - so if there is interest for rallye or touring applications let Jaybo or me know.

When you dropping those panels around John? I love to paint??? Good to get your views on a couple of things.

Oh yeah - and I also moulded the rallye plate if anyone is interested. It protects the petcock and bottom of the tank being 10mm wider either side and and connects at 7 points. (Very sturdy/bulletproof) (2xCF/8xAramid/2xCF) epoxy vac bag lay up. PM me for pics if your interested - I cant get this dang thing to load up - still?????
You might get some interest in a taller fairing, particularly with your painting skillz. It looks like KTM painted your new taller version.

Pics of the rallye plate would be necessary to continue discussing
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #3719
warewolf
Tyre critic

Oddometer: 2,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowflyer
Greetings from Norway
- Starter clutch slipping ... Would a bad/weak/worn starter motor cause the sprague clutch slipping ? .

- Seems that the prev. owner (one of them) has stripped the threads for one of the oilfilter cover bolts ... One bolt is ~5mm longer than the two others ... Tightens nicely and doesn't leak, so it's more of an "annoyance" than a problem ... 2 M6x25 + one M6x30 + washer ...
Greetings!

Check the sticky The Bike Specific Index Thread for the KTM LC4 (640) Index Thread for the starter clutch issue.

The oil filter cover may have different sized bolts ex-factory. Check the parts book for your model to confirm that.
The Stable
warewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #3720
Sno Dawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 734
KTM 640 Adventure Rallye fairing

great looking fairing

I sent you a PM with my email address and some questions
If you are selling it, put me in line and please get back to me with a price and some pics.

Teeth to the wind,
Sno Dawg - Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rod
If anyone is interested, I bought this fairing off Farioli. He had an unused one listed in the flea market, but I missed it, so he offered up this used one. I haven't listed it yet, but I planned to use it on mine, but it doesn't quite fit the stock dash. I should have taken pictures of my attempt, and I can if anyone is interested. Sorry if this is the wrong place for it. These are the pictures Farioli had taken of the two.

This was the new one he had for sale, and a good profile of the size. It's fiberglass, and the one in the above picture is the one I have, and would need a little touching up here and there.

Sno Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote