User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #3721
MT950
"OLD" Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
new to me 640

Picked up a clean 03 ,only 5100 miles on the OD. Even some farkles,luggage,and new spares!! Just able to get a few miles in so far , better mpg. ,and more fuuunnnn off the hard-stuff then my 950&990. Just really like this bike.
Attached Images

MT950 screwed with this post 04-23-2009 at 02:19 PM
MT950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:16 PM   #3722
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"

Oddometer: 5,259
Question 97 620 Adventure Farkle(s) question .....

Greetings everyone ......

I'm seriously considering procuring a 97 620 adv. w/only 6400 miles on the clock.

I've been checking around, and I know I can get pannier mounts from H & B - so my Gobi's on my 990adv will go right on ......

I also know I can get a number of parts from ktmworld.com

What I can't seem to find, and it may not be out there anymore, are engine guards like these;

I do have a welder / fabricator friend in town, that we could make some I'm sure ....

But does anyone know of any place I could just outright buy them at?

And - does anyone else have any other parts (or) farkle info they could pass my way.

The seller of the 620 has stated to me that a number of people put newer plastic on their 620s, and it requires some small mods, but with the guards, I'd think you'd have to stick to whatever frame mounting points there currently are on the bike.

Any info would be greatly appreciated .......

G.

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #3723
bawbag
n00b

Oddometer: 2
2000 640 adventure

hi guys, new here. i have a 2000 640 advenure. i have had it from new , its sitting with 24,000 miles on the clock and sill runs like a dream . it has had a fair few mods over the years , at the moment im just rying to finish off putting the front suspension from a 950 with high mudgaurd conversion. here is a pic as it was sitting . will post others when the conversion is finished . seems nearly all my pics are of too large a resolution for the site .

full akrapovic exhaust system
jetted etc
black excel rims
rally sude seat
320mm front wave disc, rear wave disc
hepco becker lauggage racks
ktm panniers
darr alu panniers
led rear tail light
rally rear fender lights
xenon head light conversion
head light cover
side and centre stand
road book
gps
super sprox sprockets
mind has went blank and cant remember he rest lol
bawbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #3724
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
What I can't seem to find, and it may not be out there anymore, are engine guards like these;... pic of the H&B crash bars

I do have a welder / fabricator friend in town, that we could make some I'm sure ....

But does anyone know of any place I could just outright buy them at?

And - does anyone else have any other parts (or) farkle info they could pass my way.

The seller of the 620 has stated to me that a number of people put newer plastic on their 620s, and it requires some small mods, but with the guards, I'd think you'd have to stick to whatever frame mounting points there currently are on the bike.

Any info would be greatly appreciated .......

G.
have you seen the threads on the Holan crash bars (from Poland) - they are apparently shipping a redesigned set now that have not had the H&B problem with fatigue fractures, but they are new...

Plenty of farkle info in the LC4 index, you'll have to work your way down to the second and third parts for the less and less necessary stuff though.

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #3725
G-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle
have you seen the threads on the Holan crash bars (from Poland) - they are apparently shipping a redesigned set now that have not had the H&B problem with fatigue fractures, but they are new...

Plenty of farkle info in the LC4 index, you'll have to work your way down to the second and third parts for the less and less necessary stuff though.
Heya meat ...........

I'm about "this close" to pulling the trigger. And I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen .........

No - I didn't check out the thread on the Holan crash bars. But I will ....

Question for you - for subframe (front and rear) as well as mounting points for "things" how different is it between a 97 620adv and a 99 640adv?

G.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #3726
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Quote:

Question for you - for subframe (front and rear) as well as mounting points for "things" how different is it between a 97 620adv and a 99 640adv?

G.
Well the best way to answer that question is to check the parts fische for those two model years. Hopefully if they have the same P/N they are the same, but if they don't they may still be the same where you need them to be... some others on here might have your answer; have you posted in the older LC4 threads?
Old 04-24-2009, 01:26 AM   #3727
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,381
Quote:
Heya meat ...........

I'm about "this close" to pulling the trigger. And I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen .........

No - I didn't check out the thread on the Holan crash bars. But I will ....

G.
I am in similar shoes as I am looking for a cheap early Adventure right now. The subframe on the 97 is the one year that looks quite a bit different from 98 and up, as it has the additional support tubing.

But the later plastic will apparenlty bolt on if you use some spacers. I'd say with access to a welder none of the mods should be a big problem.

Tracker: https://share.delorme.com/LukasMatzinger
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:32 AM   #3728
G-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle
Well the best way to answer that question is to check the parts fische for those two model years. Hopefully if they have the same P/N they are the same, but if they don't they may still be the same where you need them to be... some others on here might have your answer; have you posted in the older LC4 threads?
No .... not yet, but I plan to ....... What are the "Older LC4 threads"?

Not trying to sound stoopid .......

G.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #3729
G-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM
I am in similar shoes as I am looking for a cheap early Adventure right now. The subframe on the 97 is the one year that looks quite a bit different from 98 and up, as it has the additional support tubing.

But the later plastic will apparenlty bolt on if you use some spacers. I'd say with access to a welder none of the mods should be a big problem.
Thanks!

G.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #3730
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Quote:
No .... not yet, but I plan to ....... What are the "Older LC4 threads"?

Not trying to sound stoopid .......

G.
Sorry, the threads about older LC4s. There is at least one that's bubbled up to Page 1 recently.