ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #1
nefiii OP
Who is this cat?

Oddometer: 11
Cry Ozark Fall Colors Tour GPS Track?

Hey Guys...

I've looked around the forum. I'm not having any luck finding a posted GPS track for any of the past Ozark Fall Colors Tour. Does anyone have a track thay I can load on my Garmin? Thx...

nefiii screwed with this post 06-13-2008 at 01:24 PM Reason: I cant spell OZARK!!!
nefiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
nefiii OP
Who is this cat?

Oddometer: 11
Thumb FCT track

Thank you ThumperDRZ. I appreciate the reply. I tried the FCT website but I guess it was down. Thanks for Mr. Lemke's email address as well. I'll try to reach him.

Ride safe...
nefiii
Old 08-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
Elvis70
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,053
If only I had a GPS

I downloaded easy GPS. I saved the tracks. Now if I just had a GPS.

The helicopter I fly has a GArmin 496 with XM weather, aviation, and marine charts, as well as street level maps.

Do you think the other pilots would notice it was gone if just for a weekend?
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
Elvis70

That's funny

I am working now and was just telling the medic about the ride and said he would try to be off that weekend as it sounded like we might be busy.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #5
Elvis70

How much mud?

My rear tire is nearing replacement. Knobs a little short. Very short down the center actually. Wish I had bought the IRC. Wanted to try one new trailwing as it had a bald one when I bought it. I think the tire works fine on and off road (dirt roads that is) but it wore out quick. The IRC I have up front has 5k and still looking pretty good.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:23 AM   #6
soiLL5000
Part Time nOOb

Oddometer: 4
im a rock climbing looking for more climbing areas around Jasper Arkansas,...or property for sale with cliff line and boulders on it.

cheers

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death…
- Hunter S. Thompson

I’d rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.
- Anonymous
soiLL5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:35 AM   #7
tbirdsp
REMF

Oddometer: 8,712
Edit: Here is an awesome map link for this area, posted by "Onederer"
http://www.fs.fed.us/oonf/ozark/maps...ts/TBC_001.pdf

OK, this is last "official" file RL Lemke ever put out for the Ozark Fall Color Tour ride in 2005. It includes tracks and waypoints for the FCT dual sport ride plus some routes for street riding. Some notes:
All tracks start and end at Exit 55 on I-40 (waypoint START-END)

The "DAY1" tracks are the longer route north of I-40. The MAIN loop is about 150 miles, not sure of the ADV loop. "MAIN" is the harder knobby loop, "ADV" is the easier big bike loop. The track colors were all random, so I made the MAIN ones green and the ADV ones red. The general route goes in a clockwise direction. At waypoint 103-164 head west to Horsehead Lake on Hwy 164. Follow the reset waypoints (example 2=RESET) in numerical order and you will be going the correct way on the track. First gas at Turner Bend (5=RESET) 45miles from start. For the trail loop in the Mill Creek OHV area you actually go past where you will exit the trails (EXIT TRAIL) and start a counterclockwise loop of the trails at waypoint 6=RESET.
Mill Creek trail map link
http://www.fs.fed.us/oonf/ozark/publ...Creek_0705.pdf
After you come back out at EXIT TRAIL continue east on the track to waypoint 12=RESET which is the general store in Oark. Gas here, 54.5 miles from last stop. After that you head north and do a counterclockwise loop, going through waypoints 13=RESET, 14=RESET, and finally 15=RESET. At that point just head south on Hwy 103 back to Clarksville. 50.9 miles from Oark back to START-END. Mileages are for the MAIN loop, ADV loop will be less. ADV loop cuts out the Mill Creek trail section and some of the harder FS roads/trails.

"DAY2" is the shorter route south of I-40 which goes into the Huckleberry Mountain Multi-Use Trails and up Hwy 309 to Shirley's Outback (gas and food available, waypoint 7-RESET) on Mt Magazine. About 75 miles total for the MAIN loop, less for ADV. Head south to the trail section. The trails are kind of in a big figure 8 shape, the center of the "8" being waypoint 5&9-RESET. On the way out stay to the east side of the "8", on the way back to the west side. I did make one correction to the MAIN loop due to a closed trail. It now runs on Sorghum Hollow Road to waypoint ADV3-RESET and rejoins the trail at TR-B (same as the ADV loop).
Huckleberry Mountain trail map link
http://www.fs.fed.us/oonf/ozark/maps...orse_Trail.pdf

THESE TRACKS ARE AT LEAST 3 YEARS OLD. CONDITIONS IN THE AREA ARE CONSTANTLY CHANGING. RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

It probably would be best if you edit the file to suit your riding preferences and your GPS capabilities.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx 2005-FCT-TracksGPX.gpx (861.7 KB, 675 views)
http://www.reddeliciousband.com

tbirdsp screwed with this post 10-14-2008 at 11:10 AM
tbirdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #8
tbirdsp
REMF

Map of the Mill Creek Trails with FCT loop highlighted
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2008, 09:15 PM   #9
JV
What?

Oddometer: 582
That ADV3-RESET point on last years ride is where we got confused (KLR riders + ThumperDRZ)

With at least 3 of us with GPSs and downloading from different sources the confusion set in as to where the trail actually was. We stayed on Sorghum Hollow road for a while and ended up at Spring Lake. Then swung back on a trail that led us back on route.

I hope it's easier to find this year so we can ride the whole route.

JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:38 PM   #10
tbirdsp
REMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
That ADV3-RESET point on last years ride is where we got confused (KLR riders + ThumperDRZ)

With at least 3 of us with GPSs and downloading from different sources the confusion set in as to where the trail actually was. We stayed on Sorghum Hollow road for a while and ended up at Spring Lake. Then swung back on a trail that led us back on route.

I hope it's easier to find this year so we can ride the whole route.
We had some trouble there too JV. Finally found it though. We passed the turn and went to ADV3-RESET and had to turn back to find the correct trail.
By my recorded 2007 track it looks like where we made the turn is 405 feet bearing 294 deg true from ADV3-RESET (which is 405 feet back WNW up the road). Approx. position N35 15.568 W93 28.527

tbirdsp screwed with this post 09-26-2008 at 10:13 PM
Old 09-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #11
JV
What?

Oddometer: 582
I think that I went down the trail for a ways but some of the others didn't want to chance it not being it so we took the road. We should be able to find it now.

JV is offline   Reply With Quote