ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
Cogswell OP
Spudly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,876
Eh? European Motorsports/Riders Hill Dalonega

Anyone have any background info or recent experience with this dealer ?

I have a good friend that went down to Dalonegah today with the intent to purchase a new/leftover motorcycle listed in their inventory on the web. He was all but ignored by the sales staff in getting any information, or a you can buy it at this price on the bike he was interested in. They didn't know exactly where the bike was located, maybe in service. Tried to get info on accessories like bags etc and was all but blown off until he pressed for a price on the bags.
Tried to discuss a price on the bike and the sales folks were more interested in small talk and smoke breaks.

He was ready to write a check for the motorcycle but ended up leaving in frustration.

Don't these people want to sell motorcycles anymore ?

Mike
The good thing is, your damn motor can't read. If it says oil on the container, it's pretty much OK to dump in there.... ED.
Cogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:44 AM   #2
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,339
IMO Riders Hill is one of the best dealers around. I bought an Aprilia from them about 4 months ago for a great price. They do tend to get busy on the weekends and the staff will spend some time BSing with their long time loyal customers. This might be annoying to some but it means that they actually get to know their customers.

BTW, unlike most MC dealers who are hurting, their business has been booming and they are adding another building and have increased their staff. They are one of the top Aprilia and Moto Guzzi dealers in the country. They must be doing something right.

Because they are busy, it sometimes takes a while to get help but it's such a great place to hang out that it hasn't been a big deal to me.

klaviator screwed with this post 09-05-2011 at 05:08 AM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:14 AM   #3
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,588
Have him call back down there and ask for David. He will set everything straight. Riders Hill is a good shop with good people that (gasp) actually ride motorcycles.

I've copied this link and sent it to David, FYI, seriously have your friend give him a buzz.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:19 AM   #4
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 4,937
mike your guys experince is not the norm, they're good folks. like flux said,call david and he should make it right

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:02 AM   #5
Cogswell OP
Spudly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,876
Thanks Guys, I will forward the info to my friend !

Mike
The good thing is, your damn motor can't read. If it says oil on the container, it's pretty much OK to dump in there.... ED.
Cogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:18 AM   #6
EKIN
Just Do It

Oddometer: 544
With so many motorcycle friendly establishments disappearing in addition to shops in our area, I would like to ask your friend give Rider's Hill another try. David is very helpful, but also very good friends with many of the locals. I can see how this could be taken the wrong way if it was your first visit. At times the staff might have 40-50 riders just hanging around, and it can be hard to identify a customer. This is not the norm.

This shop not only includes the dealership, but provides lunch, a place to hang with friends, and has gone above and beyond to help riders traveling in North Georgia.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:51 PM   #7
SuchesRider
Just Do It!

Oddometer: 1,669
+1 to all of the above. SR
Old 09-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #8
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,050
I frequently meet fellow riders there and have purchased gear, food and a consignment bike from them and have experienced nothing less than excellent service.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #9
Goldburg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
Another Good Experience

All I bought was a couple of hot dogs, but they were tasty, timely, and at a good price!
It's an 8 hour ride for me to get there, but I'm already scheduling 2 more trips just to get by there. I'd love to get a Norge from them. You can rent just about every type bike they sell here. I'm gonna rent on in April!
Old 09-05-2011, 03:29 PM   #10
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,339
Let me add to my previous post. I have moved all over the country and have had the chance to do business at a lot of dealers. I even worked at one in the Atlanta area for a while. Based on my own experience and what other customers have told me, I would rate this one as one of the best. I think that they are a little understaffed on to handle the weekend crowds but I won't hesitate to do business with them in the future. This is despite the fact that the are not in a convenient location for me, it's about a 90 mile ride.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote