ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2008, 07:31 AM   #16
JDLuke OP
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
Hey, Bloochdog....

Did I leave a blue t-shirt there by any chance?

If so, don't turn it into a rag, man. It's a brand new ex-officio :-P
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #17
2upadv
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 933
Looks like I missed a good time, We waited at the hotel on Sunday until 5 for John to call than we gave up and headed north. Maybe next time we are in the area
2upadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:35 PM   #18
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,759
wrong number

e tried to but the # you gave him did not work. I cried and cried because you were not there. You are welcome any time
bloochdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:13 PM   #19
NittanyRider
Walking Contradiction

Oddometer: 274
JD - I saw your shirt in the bathroom, but remember when we ran out of T.P. Sunday night?? Well, I think someone must have gotten desperate, because it wasn't looking very blue when I saw it Monday morning.....
NittanyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:40 AM   #20
JDLuke OP
Ravening for delight

Dammit, that's not how wicking technical gear is supposed to prevent monkey-butt!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #21
zzzzss
Epinephrine Junkie

Oddometer: 144
Looking to ride

Now that the quarter is over and work is on the back burner again, looking to churn some dirt this weekend. Anyone game. Nothing hard just forest roads and the like. (So I guess Tucker could go)
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing" -Helen Keller
zzzzss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #22
Banshee
hi

Oddometer: 6,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzzss4
Now that the quarter is over and work is on the back burner again, looking to churn some dirt this weekend. Anyone game. Nothing hard just forest roads and the like. (So I guess Tucker could go)
Loftus is leaving for Africa on Friday, hit him up in a few weeks. he's always up for some dirt!

Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #23
Tangohopper
LurkWhore

Oddometer: 11
I think I saw your t-shirt. After Loftus leaves for Africa, I will be cleaning the cabin. When I find it, it will let you know. Maybe I can scan it and email it to you...

ha!
Tangohopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:54 AM   #24
Eickey
Underwater Adventurer

Oddometer: 722
Anyone see the size of that chicken?.... hiccup!

sorry...the peyote was speaking....

Eickey screwed with this post 06-27-2008 at 10:26 PM
Eickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:09 PM   #25
rodsram
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
Hi guys,
I spoke with Bloochdog today, he is doing well and is in SA., and my home town Nelspruit, staying with friends of my missus.
She was ableto speak with him and I had some brief texting going on.
Seems like he will be heading for Namibia tomorrow or Thursday.
Keep him in your thoughts.

Regards

Rod
rodsram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:57 AM   #26
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

sezabonani mi dodas ikunjani !!!

geynibengalela eh ZA [(greetings from South Africa)

Off to a slow start saturday.. two hours late leaving dulles airport...decided to ride out in the baki with the guys and hunt in Mpumalanga at Rhino Lodge in the highveld... up at 7am on sunday....shot a jackel 10 min. into the hunt at 250m w/7mm mag .. he was at a fast trot and I pulled a JFK shot on him.... alittle later took a Gemsbuck ,which took a little more doing...
back to the airport and picked up the r1200gsa around 6pm.. btw it is very dark by then so the first 145k riding in ZA was quite exciting .. left hand driving and all customs are reversed (aok to go slow in the left lane) ... then to beestport farm in the limpopo region... near tembo... hunted with buddies the next day .. a better place for you get to stalk the islwane instead of hide and have them chased to you..... my friends brought down some massive waterbucks and wildabeasts... buzz got a beautiful JFK on another jackel... and massive watrbck... I got a mature male w.buck too..

...stayed in nylesprit with friends of the Chaplins.. (great people kathy) ..Rod I tried to get intouch with your sisters but no luck...
ran the r37 into sadi today and had lamb curry pancakes what a country.. we all must ride here...tring to get past pretoria today to rustenburg or further.... of to namibia in a day or two.. taking pics but hard to find a way to post... will take a few with i phone and see if i can at next inet stop... have a new phone nomber here 04727716324....hope all is well.. tutsiens..

for give typos... on the clock here and i am retrded... bloochdog
Old 07-03-2008, 03:01 PM   #27
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

in Kuruman now

Rustenburg to zerust today... I have traveled in the dark two times now i made sure today was not going to repeat those expierences again... longer ride today... Had my first "Spot fine" today... Was running 113km in an 80km zone... would have been 600r + 250r from moto berlin .. it only cost me 100r and a BWDR sticker ... now that is clout!!!! the officer even said she will put in on her car and email a pic to me...we will see.

There is quite a long flat road between Mafikeng and Kuruman with hundreds of "kalahari ruebots" (STOP LIGHTS) .. not real stop lights but free roaming donkeys, goats ,sheep, horses and cattle... I am not kidding.. hundreds !!! the flatnes is only broken by the digging spoils of ore mines.. The simis will blow you about the tarmac like a dry leaf in a hurricane at times and fought a 90 degree cross wind blowing from Botswanna just about all day..Kuruman had a thriving Asbestos mine industry awhile back.. we know the end of that story..
Stayed at pastors homes for the last two nights... I pull in to this " padre's " home and what is under the car port but a beautiful R1150GS ... open a night stand drawer to get a pencil and pull out a handfull of rugby cleats.. this guy keeps getting better..plan to be camping in fish river canyon tomorrow night..
keep banshee and me in your thoughts she is going solo to the west coast as we speak.. she will be camping the lions share of her trip..miss her..
People of south africa are great food is good and the roads are much better than expected..
did see a few cool signs.. Hippo crossing on the way to Nylespruit..pothole signs in Mpumalanga, cheaper to make signs than it is to fix the hole...
Off to bed.. I am beat.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:51 AM   #28
JDLuke OP
Ravening for delight

Wow, this is just an amazing trip. I'm so jealous. Keep posting!
Old 07-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #29
SWONUT
Certified Nut

Oddometer: 239
Keep up the reports

Loft, The bike is being pilfered by Italian customs as the family and Lola (Maqui's Mom) are all hunkered down in a hotel room here in Newport until I finish school and head over the pond. If that ain't living, I don't know what is... Anyway, keep up the reports, as I continue to live vicariously through you.
SWONUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:21 PM   #30
Banshee
hi

Oddometer: 6,132
message from bloochdog...

"Made it to fish river canyon in Namibia... easy border crossing... the cradle for the zumo shit its pants yesterday.. wiring was all messed up i hope it didnt fry the zumo... old fashion mapping now...f. river canyon is spectacular... 200 km on hard packed gravel .. 70 km in relitive safty... camping tonight.. jackles howling and alot of scat around site...hope to see alot of game tonight...ostrich, springbuck, and gemsbuck can be seen from the road...might stay another night... luditz tomorrow or next day, sasusvlie the next .. to the moving dunes..."
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote