Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2009, 01:04 AM   #76
griffo1962
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzzly
I am just curious how much they are selling for over there? in what ever type of money the use
I think they are close to $4000 of our dollars
griffo1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:59 PM   #77
Indy21
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffo1962
I'd pay that but probably not much more. What about y'all?
Indy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:38 PM   #78
grizzzly
The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer: 3,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffo1962
That seem a little steep I was thinking that I had heard somewhere close to $3200 American, but I know several people who would gladly pay that

grizzzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #79
HandKPhil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
My '79 Honda CT90 - For Sale

Here's my '79 CT90, which I just put up for sale a few minutes ago in the Flea Market section of ADVrider.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536431

Due to the recent addition of bike number six to my stable (and they're all registered and insured), I need to thin the herd a little. See my ad for additional details on condition, etc. Price is $1350 - firm, and I'm located near Detroit, Michigan.

HandKPhil screwed with this post 12-26-2009 at 12:18 PM
HandKPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:46 AM   #80
WILL_S
OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer: 2,065
Aussie 110

My CT 110 postie.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #81
Indy21
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandKPhil
Here's my '79 CT90, which I just put up for sale a few minutes ago in the Flea Market section of ADVrider.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536431

Due to the recent addition of bike number six to my stable (and they're all registered and insured), I need to thin the herd a little. See my ad for additional details on condition, etc. Price is $1350 - firm, and I'm located near Detroit, Michigan.

Man, that's a nice, clean looking 90. I'll start saving up for something this year, too bad this will be long gone by then! There is a CT just waiting for me out there somewhere!!!
Old 12-28-2009, 09:11 AM   #82
Woodsrat
Gone ridin'

Oddometer: 1,273
This one is about as clean as they come--anyone in the midwest wanting one ought to pick up on it.

Eek!! More boring fiction--"One Last Ride in the Hoosier Revisited":
http://www.woodsrat.com
Woodsrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #83
ferrix
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzzly
I am just curious how much they are selling for over there? in what ever type of money the use
CT110AG has a list price of A$3490. It's a fair bit of money. Converted to U$ it will seem even higher, because our prices are always higher than yours.

But to give you an idea of where it sits in 125cc market, some other reputable scoots in this capacity include Vespa S for A$6,500 (probably the most expensive), Piaggio Fly for A$3,700, Aprilia Sportcity One for A$3,990, Kymco Bug for A$2,990 and Sachs Madass for A$3,550.

Edit: Second-hand posties registered for road use usually sell for somewhere between A$1,200 to A$1,800.

Edit 2: although if you fancy spending as much as you would on a Vespa, you can now get a custom postie from these guys: http://www.pmmc.com.au Their website is still under construction but I've seen some neat pictures from their range in a print ad... I think they are aiming to become Deus Ex Machina of posties and judging by what I've seen so far, they just might.

ferrix screwed with this post 12-29-2009 at 04:09 PM
ferrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:41 AM   #84
Indy21
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrix
Edit 2: although if you fancy spending as much as you would on a Vespa, you can now get a custom postie from these guys: http://www.pmmc.com.au Their website is still under construction but I've seen some neat pictures from their range in a print ad... I think they are aiming to become Deus Ex Machina of posties and judging by what I've seen so far, they just might.
Aw man! I can't view fhe site on my phone right now but all you had to say was Deus Ex Machina to grab my attention! I LOVE the Deus styling and can't imagine what a customized Deus style Ct would look like but it's probably pretty bad ass.

Are these guys only selling in AU as Deus does? I'm in the States where we get nothing as cool as some of the Aussies do.

Edit: nevermind, I just noticed the .au after the adress. Dammit!!! >=\

Thanx.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #85
Indy21
Adventurer

I wonder if it would cost the same as buying a brand new one to just have, let's say, a early 2000's model shipped over seas if possible.

Meh. Oh well, it's not like I have money burning a hole in my pocket right now anyways.

The most I'm wishing for is that the newer street legal version of the ct sells incredibly well in AUS and maybe opening Honda's eyes a little more to branch out to other countries (SE USA in my case) then I will be on my way. Unless that happens anytime within the next couple of years I'll be hunting me down an older 80's version and keep it running for as long as I can. Unless that is a new 125 Ruckus is made for 2011.

I've got options. =P
Old 12-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #86
ferrix
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ][ndy
Aw man! I can't view fhe site on my phone right now but all you had to say was Deus Ex Machina to grab my attention! I LOVE the Deus styling and can't imagine what a customized Deus style Ct would look like but it's probably pretty bad ass.

Are these guys only selling in AU as Deus does? I'm in the States where we get nothing as cool as some of the Aussies do.

Edit: nevermind, I just noticed the .au after the adress. Dammit!!! >=\

Thanx.
Maybe if you pay them a few thousand extra they'd ship it to the US for you... sure, it would end up costing as much as some special edition Ducati, but hey - you'd have a distinction of owning the most expensive postie in the world :)

Speaking of Deus, I think they sold a few bikes to England and maybe to US as well - wasn't one of their bikes featured on Hell For Leather website?

But if it's any consolation to you, at least you guys are getting the SYM Symba which we don't get so far (it's been suggested we might, but nothing firm so far...). So you can satisfy your retro step-through cravings this way...
ferrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #87
pennintj
Down & Dirty Mechanic

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrix

But if it's any consolation to you, at least you guys are getting the SYM Symba which we don't get so far (it's been suggested we might, but nothing firm so far...). So you can satisfy your retro step-through cravings this way...
For reference:

While not a CT90/110, it's a pretty solid city cruiser. For those that don't know, SYM is actually one of the few good quality not-a-household-name brand bikes out there. I have a ton of friends that sell them with minimal problems.

They typically don't sell too well because of the shifting, and I've seen them marked down at "Fire sale" prices on Craigslist because someone bought one, then decided the "stomp shift" wasn't going to work.

I actually have a DYK Super Cub

Which is not quite as nice, but still rocks.

-=Tom
pennintj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #88
Twinsteel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 464
Just listed the For Sale ad here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsteel
Heads up: It looks like I'll be selling this little gem of a CT90 after all. In an earlier post on this thread I described how my wife and I bought it for her as a little urban commuter. Well, the manual shift gearbox and kick start turned out to be a bit much for her. She took a low-speed fall on the bike and cut her shin. Nothing serious, but it was enough to change her mind about riding a manual-everything machine routinely.

So it will be going up for sale in Sacramento, Calif., probably after the holidays. If anybody's interested now, just let me know!

Again, it's a 1969 CT90, restored by the previous owner with a brand-new Lifan 138 engine, manual shift 4-spd tranny and kick-start only (no battery), new everything, current CA street registration. Only damage from the fall was a broken brake lever, which I replaced. Runs great and is quite fast with the 138 motor. Lots more details if you're interested!

Old 01-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #89
showkey
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,731
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
showkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #90
hugemoth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,541
Here's an updated picture of the 68 CT90 rat bike. Since it's going to be used mostly off road this year I put the skid pan back on, knobby tires, and a second headlight. The Lifan 110 manual clutch engine is still running great.

Q

hugemoth is offline   Reply With Quote