Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2008, 08:52 PM   #31
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob
Howdy Hayduke,

Follow the ride report, if and when I get close to your area send me a PM reminding me of your offer of hospitality. Hosts are very scarce in your area theres a chance I'll stop by if the timings right.

I have a neighbor friend I'm trying to convince to buy a Ural, so you could call it a "sales call".

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:00 PM   #32
retroone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke

I have a neighbor friend I'm trying to convince to buy a Ural, so you could call it a "sales call".
Hayduke did I read that Baldy was getting a Ural? You know we all need a Ural that means you to. You live in the perfect town to own one.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:03 PM   #33
Mr. Cob OP
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobF650GSD
Wow Mr. Cob!

What an adventure! Ever consider keeping a journal and writing a book about this trip? That'd be a good read I'll bet. I'm curious, is there going to be much in the way of Ural dealers along your route? What kind of contingency plans do you have in case of break downs or parts needs? I know it's hard enough to find BMW shops/parts for my Dakar in some of the "non urban" areas. I'd venture a guess Ural shops won't be on every street corner either!

Anyway, have a great trip, post up as much as you can and come back in one piece! I'll assume Stanwood isn't on your route but the beer's on me if and when you do get here (but you'll have to tell some stories)!

Peace and ride on...

Rob
Howdy RobF650GSD,

I just won't have time to keep a journal, my pen doesn't have spell-check and if I did try to keep a written log I wouldn't be able to read it

The new Ural should make this trip with few or no problems that I can't fix along side of the road if need be, the new rigs are vastly improved in quality. If I need help while on the road I have planned my stops where I should never be more then 300 miles from one of my hosts. Parts if I need them will be shipped to me from the closest Ural dealer. I am capable of repairing just about anything that could go wrong mechanically, if something in the wiring goes I am toast, I never could keep the magic smoke within the wires. I am scheduled to stop at and participate in events at 7 Ural dealers scattered across the country, while at the dealers the rig will be serviced and its needs attended too.

I have gone on many long cross country trips, years ago on rigs that were MUCH more unreliable then even the older Urals. I have had my share of problems but somehow I seem to muddle through. IMWA is supposed to be supplying me with some kind of cell phone, I have a credit card, the rig is insured, if I don't get busted for speeding I should be OK.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #34
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putts
Most eggselent Mr. Cob!

The rig looks great, I've got my popcorn.

Howdy Putts,

Hey man, I am outa salt and butter how about passin me some.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:06 PM   #35
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke

Howdy Heyduke,

I don't sell'em, I just ride the HELL of'em.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:08 PM   #36
Gorilla King
Dobar Skorz!

Oddometer: 39,268
Quote:
Howdy All,

I will leave the IMWA ( Ural ) headquarters building in Redmond Washington before noon on June 27th 2008, with luck I will return home by the middle of September 2008 after driving a new 2008 Ural "Gear-Up" around the entire USA.

l

Would that be figuring on "Ural time" or real time?

Old 06-20-2008, 09:09 PM   #37
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroone
Hayduke did I read that Baldy was getting a Ural? You know we all need a Ural that means you to. You live in the perfect town to own one.
Howdy Retroone,

EVERYBODY needs a Ural.............I am still waiting on Baldy to send me an email in support of my idiocy so I can add it to the stack I present to IMWA when ever I have another hair-brained scheme cookin.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:15 PM   #38
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla King
Would that be figuring on "Ural time" or real time?

Howdy Gorilla King,

What is time, the Ural is a "time machine" it takes you back to a time less hurried, it allows you to smell the roses and the pig farms, if I didn't have a good woman to come home to I have had enough invitations to be gone for a year and would happily do just that. Time is all I have left, this trip will allow me the privilege of meeting some great folks and seeing our bueatiful country what better use of it could I ask. Will you be near any of the places I will be hosted at, I do want to meet you?

Old 06-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #39
Gorilla King
Dobar Skorz!

Oddometer: 39,268
Quote:
Howdy Gorilla King,

What is time, the Ural is a "time machine" it takes you back to a time less hurried, it allows you to smell the roses and the pig farms, if I didn't have a good woman to come home to I have had enough invitations to be gone for a year and would happily do just that. Time is all I have left, this trip will allow me the privilege of meeting some great folks and seeing our bueatiful country what better use of it could I ask. Will you be near any of the places I will be hosted at, I do want to meet you?
No, not on your map but ya never know where a guy will end up wandering around the country. My trips never do go a planned and that is a fun thing.

If you come around Lake Tahoe and the Sierras, I'll keep a light on for you.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:46 PM   #40
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla King
No, not on your map but ya never know where a guy will end up wandering around the country. My trips never do go a planned and that is a fun thing.

If you come around Lake Tahoe and the Sierras, I'll keep a light on for you.

Howdy Dan,

Darn, I'll be passing quite a ways west of your area, but like your trips mine rarely go as planed, plans like most means of confinement are meant to be broken, all I know for sure is I am leaving and with luck will return home what happens in-between is anybodies guess.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #41
Spat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 848
So will this be the official RR?
Subscribed
Looking forward to meeting you in Colorado
Enjoy every minute and every mile.

Red Green: You ever see one of these? It's called a GPS, this thing uses satellites to tell you where you are, which means that every man can have a five-hundred-dollar reason not to ask for directions.
Spat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:27 PM   #42
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spat
So will this be the official RR?
Subscribed
Looking forward to meeting you in Colorado
Enjoy every minute and every mile.

Howdy Spat,

Yes, this is and will be the "official" Ural tour ride report.

Here's hoping our trails cross and yes I will be enjoying this ride.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #43
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,892
Quote:
if I don't get busted for speeding I should be OK.
You will have to work hard at that on a Ural, have a great trip.

Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:52 PM   #44
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud Al
You will have to work hard at that on a Ural, have a great trip.
Howdy Load Al,

Hey even a Ural can get busted in a school zone

Old 06-20-2008, 11:02 PM   #45
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,299
Well somewhere in Colorado a ways before Salida and a long way before Denver is a little town called Snowmass Village (Next to Aspen) and in that town Is a Couch with Your Name on it if you have need.

Tim

I'll even buy dinner if Your hungry.
Qwik is offline   Reply With Quote