User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2008, 06:49 AM   #61
eisenmann
nOOd

Oddometer: 50
Whooo Hooo!
Fly straight and we'll see you in the Texas!

Lil' d, Texas
eisenmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #62
Rubber Cow
GS Dork

Oddometer: 5,335
Hey Mr Cob
Is the Raceway Services/Motors thing on Saturday open to the general public?
If so I might try and see you down there.
Cheers,
Jorge

"Woof, woof woof woof ...woof woof!!!!!!!!!"
Cricket the Dog-RIP
Rubber Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #63
Mr. Cob OP
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Cow
Hey Mr Cob
Is the Raceway Services/Motors thing on Saturday open to the general public?
If so I might try and see you down there.
Cheers,
Jorge
Howdy Jorge,

PLEASE do stop by Jim's shop, the whole Idea behind this trip is to expose the Ural to as many people as possible, the events that will be hosted by the dealers are open to the public and non Ural owners are WELCOME. The more folks that attend the better the chance that a sale will be made that's what this gig is all about. Well that's the "official line" I also want to meet folks and have a great ride so do come by.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.

Mr. Cob screwed with this post 06-25-2008 at 03:19 PM
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:48 PM   #64
Mr. Cob OP

Thumb Thank You "skagit Powersports"

Howdy All,

You know how when your getting ready to go on a trip you always loose or forget something Well I lost my good riding gloves I was up in Mt. Vernon today attending the Vets group that helps keep me semi-sane and after group I went over to Skagit Powersports to look at gloves. I found some very nice gloves I got to thinking yes I know pretty darn dangerous for a guy like me I have been buying parts and accessories at this shop for years, I asked to talk to the parts manager, I was introduced to Pete Bangs, I told him about my trip, told him I was leaving this coming Friday and asked him if the shop would provide me with the riding gloves in exchange for me giving them some promotion in my ride report.

At first I think Pete thought as the Brits would say that I was a bit off, I mean who the heck is this guy, why should we give him a $160.00 pair of gloves. Then I asked him if he had ever heard of the Adv-Rider web site, I got him to look it up on the computer and showed him my ride report about this trip, he seemed to like the idea and agreed to swap me the gloves for a plug for his shop.

So here goes, I stand by my word if a shop helps me while on this trip then I am going to do whatever I can to help them.

Here is a photo of the parts department, this shop is very well stocked with quality gear they don't sell junk. The shop sells and services every type of bike from Trails to Touring along with Dual Sports, true dirt bikes and Sport bikes.

Here's a good shot of Pete holding the gloves.

Pete giving me the gloves in front of the shop.

You can reach Skagit Powersports by phone at (360) 757-7999 by fax at (360 757-1090

Their email is toyboys@cnw.com their web site is www.skagitpowersports.com

So for you folks who live in the Nor-Wet, I ask you to support the shops such as Skagit PowerSports who support the sport and us as riders. This shop has for years been a major contributer of prizes that are awarded at local bike rallies and events, so spend a few dollars there and help keep them going, tell'em "Mr. Cob" sent you . Thanks.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.

Mr. Cob screwed with this post 06-24-2008 at 08:12 PM
Old 06-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #65
Chanderjeet
IndiYeah !!

Oddometer: 5,731
Finally you are on a roll.
Hooked up to this one for sure.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:05 PM   #66
Mr. Cob OP

Wicked The new rig gets it's "ADV" stickers...............

Howdy All,

Today I added to the new rig one of it's most important pieces of equipment, it's "ADV" stickers. Now it is a true Adv-Bike.

I had to do some fancy juggling to get the ADV sticker on the back so that it wouldn't interfere with the 2WD sticker and the Ural web site sticker, I had to mount it so that part of it was on the trunk lid and part on the trunk body, nothing a razor blade and a bit of finagling couldn't do.

Putting the sticker on the front was much easier.

I chose to take the stock crash-bar and shifter off of the new rig and replace it with my highly modified crash-bar and shifter. My crash-bar not only gives WAY MORE protection to the engine but it allows me to rest my foot in different positions and to brace my foot against a loop type stop when riding in rough terrain or when making turns; my modified shifter is just a whole lot easier to get to with heavy riding boots on.

I finished loading all of my camping gear, I brought everything from a cot to a collapsible chair and a my large umbrella that has saved me from sun and rain on many occasions. Tomorrow I'll finish packing my cloths and at that time I and the rig will be ready for this sojourn to begin. YaHoooooooooooooo

Old 06-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #67
kres
Arrrrrrrrr!

Oddometer: 1,197
Sweet trip Mr. Cob - I'll be lookn' for ya in Virginny - Maybe you can talk Steve & Gwen to take you to Kevin's Kitchen for a spot of breakfast when you around - I'll pick up the tab.

Safe journey!

(I soooo want a Ural..... maybe this RR will push me over the edge... )
Old 06-24-2008, 08:22 PM   #68
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanderjeet
Finally you are on a roll.
Hooked up to this one for sure.

Howdy CJ,

Yup, I am going to do it, SOON

Old 06-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #69
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kres
Sweet trip Mr. Cob - I'll be lookn' for ya in Virginny - Maybe you can talk Steve & Gwen to take you to Kevin's Kitchen for a spot of breakfast when you around - I'll pick up the tab.

Safe journey!

(I soooo want a Ural..... maybe this RR will push me over the edge... )
Howdy Kres,

Please contact Steve and Gwen, tell them of your plan, I am always hungry as well as CHEAP, your picking up the tab will be wonderful.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #70
rapidrider
rapidrider

Oddometer: 224
Laugh Lost Gloves

Dave... Sorry I didn't see your post until just now. Your gloves were in my truck. If you need them as spares for the trip, call me and we'll figure how to get them to you before you leave.

Also go to... http://rapidrider.smugmug.com/gallery/5249862_2tLTT
for more photos from Monday. Feel free to copy any of them to your postings. There is one of Ilia with his eyes open.

If I don't hear from you before you go... have a great adventure. Maybe we can do the last leg together in the Fall.

As we talked Monday, based on miles you travel on this trip... I will pledge 1 cent per mile donated at the end of the trip to a charity or group that will benefit our returning & existing Veterans. I hope others will also step up to the plate and make a similar pledge. It's a pretty damn good cause.

Ken

rapidrider screwed with this post 06-24-2008 at 09:06 PM
rapidrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:11 PM   #71
indianscout
Dexter

Oddometer: 617
Looking forward to your adventures Mr. Cob. Good luck!!
indianscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #72
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidrider
Dave... Sorry I didn't see your post until just now. Your gloves were in my truck. If you need them as spares for the trip, call me and we'll figure how to get them to you before you leave.

Also go to... http://rapidrider.smugmug.com/gallery/5249862_2tLTT
for more photos from Monday. Feel free to copy any of them to your postings. There is one of Ilia with his eyes open.

If I don't hear from you before you go... have a great adventure. Maybe we can do the last leg together in the Fall.

As we talked Monday, based on miles you travel on this trip... I will pledge 1 cent per mile donated at the end of the trip to a charity or group that will benefit our returning & existing Veterans. I hope others will also step up to the plate and make a similar pledge. It's a pretty damn good cause.

Ken
Howdy Ken,

I really would like to get my old gloves they are great for hot weather the new ones are a bit much for high temperatures but will work great for the upper northeast and when coming back over the mountains on the way home.

Ken if you can contact and setup some sort of Vets charity fund I sure would appreciate it, I just don't have the time to get it going and keep track of it. The penny a mile idea is a good one that should be easy for folks to afford and easy to figure out how much they will be obligated for at the end of the ride.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #73
motoged
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 870
Cobb,

Jeez, seems like it is taking forever to get yer arse outta the garage and onto the road

Good way to get free gloves, too ...

Last summer Mike Paull rode his new Ural (the one with the ugly orange camo deco) up this way for some backroading. As the motor wasn't broken in at the time he left Seattle, it was getting something like 8 miles/gal and a top speed of 45 mph for the first few days....it apparently loosened up a bit as time wore on.

Good luck with your rig.

Have a good trip full of great stories, adventures, and new friends.

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #74
Spicy McHaggis
Darth Peach's cracker...

Oddometer: 3,789
Thumb

Brother Cob,

It's about damn time! Hell, I had time to ride to the Arctic Circle and back and you still haven't left yet!

Be safe!
Spicy
Old 06-25-2008, 06:02 AM   #75
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidrider

Ken
Absolutely in on this. 1 cent per mile from me.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is online now   Reply With Quote