Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #2551
abhibeckert
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz-Strom View Post
Motion Pro in USA are out of stock (till Dec they tell me) of the clutch lever. Any suggestions where I might source a lever to suit, Mption Pro or other, (other than OEM) in Aus or elsewhere? Currently have a special modified "shorty" lever (it broke).
I bought one a while back from Wayne Leonard's in Cairns, not sure what brand but it was indistinguishable from OEM, in stock, and reasonably priced.

Don't know if they'll post to brisbane, but worth a try.

http://www.wayneleonardmotorcycles.com/
Old 10-27-2011, 09:05 PM   #2552
Oz-Strom
Still trying

Oddometer: 725
Thanks abhibeckert - I rang them and they will post - and yes good price too!
Oz-Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:24 AM   #2553
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Oddometer: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV-Wes View Post
Looks bloody nice Andy!!
What sort of total range do you reckon you'll get out of the new tank set up??

Thanks,
Troy
I'm hoping about 340km but there are wide ranging ideas depending on your set up, exhaust , map, trim stting etc so I will just have to ride it and see.
I'm hoping not to carry a bladder on the APC Rally even if I have to fill the bash plate tank with fuel as it holds an extra 2.5 litres.
Andy

http://www.jet-metal.com
El Ponkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #2554
Paves
Beetrt/liver sausage

Oddometer: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ponkin View Post
I'm hoping about 340km but there are wide ranging ideas depending on your set up, exhaust , map, trim stting etc so I will just have to ride it and see.
I'm hoping not to carry a bladder on the APC Rally even if I have to fill the bash plate tank with fuel as it holds an extra 2.5 litres.
Andy
That's 15.8km/l with 21.5 litres on board. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read in other threads you would have to be flogging it in deep sand with the thirstiest set-up possible to be thinking that, no?

"All the freaky people make the beauty in the world" - Michael Franty. Weird, odd and proud of it
Paves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #2555
rosscoact OP
need constant supervision

Oddometer: 5,480
I can consistently get 5.5l/100k so yeah, I reckon you may crack 400k with a fairing on.

www.transaustraliatrail.com.au
rosscoact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #2556
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,015
i managed 300km with 9.5 litres up from and 12 in the rear during one stage on the safari...that was with a richer fuel map and lots of wide open throttle.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:26 AM   #2557
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Finished my fuel system mods today so this is the final set up.
Removed internal filter from tank and fitted Gates submersible fuel hose to both pump pressure and cooling flow lines in the tank. Fitted the profill filter to the pump inlet. My Rally Raid tanks feed via a Honda on/off tap to a ballards sintered bronze cleanable low pressure filter before feeding into the pump base of the main tank. Pressurised fuel feeds out of the tank to a 10 micron Purolator filter P/N F29160 (ebay from USA - equivalent to Canam filter) installed as per the pic below so it can easily be accessed on the trail and replaced. Fuel then goes to the injector which has an inline last chance KTM filter P/N 78141013044, hope it all works.
Name:  IMGP1110 (500x375).jpg
Views: 1759
Size:  146.8 KB

Old 10-29-2011, 05:46 AM   #2558
abhibeckert
Beastly Adventurer

Just to add more data, I got exactly 265km from full to engine stopped with the stock rear tank, cruising bang on 100kmh on the highway.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #2559
Tiggs
Dreamin of Adventure

Oddometer: 802
Chris Barnes clutch and alternator covers

I received the following from Chris.

If anyone out there in the outback wants some KTM 690 (new FI LC4) clutch and alternator covers I now do a Kevlar reinforced carbon set, and they are full covers--please see the Europe forum--vendors for pics--these are a lot cheaper to send!--I never got around to doing anything for the old LC4--and its a bit late now!--especially as the tank hits before the covers on the Adv.!

If you are interested then please get in touch via e-mail at chrisbarnes1@yahoo.com . PayPal works--but all I need is a postal address.

2011 Yamaha XT660R
Tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:04 PM   #2560
Paves
Beetrt/liver sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibeckert View Post
Just to add more data, I got exactly 265km from full to engine stopped with the stock rear tank, cruising bang on 100kmh on the highway.

So we could then say 265km/12.5l x 21.5l = 455.8km, say about 450kms allowing for the can't get to fuel in the RR tanks. That means for me next year, aiming to get 480kms between fuel 2 stops, I will definitely need extra fuel.
Very useful information thanks

I'm glad you did that because the only time I am able to ride like that on the highway is when I am afraid I won't make the next servo

"All the freaky people make the beauty in the world" - Michael Franty. Weird, odd and proud of it
Old 10-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #2561
Paves
Beetrt/liver sausage

Flashers

I still can't get my flashers to work since I put the RR fairing on - no response whatsoever.

Can someone confirm there is no separate relay on a 2010 690r? and has anyone got any ideas for a fix?

Fuse is ok, wiring looks ok, neither side lights up at all, switch should be ok because not touched, oem flashers don't work and nor do the new leds on the fairing. I'm stuck

Old 10-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #2562
abhibeckert
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paves View Post
I'm glad you did that because the only time I am able to ride like that on the highway is when I am afraid I won't make the next servo
No worries! I've also only ever had one chance to do the test, 350km of traffic free outback highway with zero towns to slow me down. Hopefully I never have to do that again, at least not on the stock seat.

On a related note, yesterday I ran out of fuel *6.3km* after the reserve light came on. WTF?!

Has that ever happened to anyone else before? Any idea what went wrong/how I can fix it?
Old 10-29-2011, 09:50 PM   #2563
rosscoact OP
need constant supervision

Oddometer: 5,480
Quote:
I still can't get my flashers to work since I put the RR fairing on - no response whatsoever.

Can someone confirm there is no separate relay on a 2010 690r? and has anyone got any ideas for a fix?

Fuse is ok, wiring looks ok, neither side lights up at all, switch should be ok because not touched, oem flashers don't work and nor do the new leds on the fairing. I'm stuck
This happened to me when a wire under the shroud broke. Perhaps a connector has pulled loose?

www.transaustraliatrail.com.au
rosscoact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:34 AM   #2564
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Quote:

Check your speedo connections as there are two three pin plugs and you may have connected them the wrong way, try swapping them.
I did a a couple of mods on the fairing plate to prevent the vibe issue you experienced. Added a support angle and trimmed the edge to give clearance to the fairing and used some fuel hose with a split down it and silastic to edge it. I figured it would absorb a side impact and stop the plate puncturing the fairing.

Name:  IMGP1115 (500x375).jpg
Views: 579
Size:  139.2 KB

Old 10-30-2011, 01:48 AM   #2565
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Cockpit is taking shape, fabricated a plate to mount my usual shit without wrecking any of the standard Rally Raid Dashboard, it just lays over the top and picks up existing fasteners. Wired in both GPS's , UHF and fitted Ballards heated grips plus 12volt power outlet hard wired direct to the battery, Mirrors are dual star ones from Ballards.
Risers are Rbotts an ADV inmate, as the fairings push the ignition block back 10mm I found I needed a longer link arm for the Scotts stabiliser and Rbott is getting one for me from the US. Still waiting for my Touratech racks so I can do the back end but Catman bought his up on Saturday and we scoped out how we could mount tool tubes on the racks. James gets married next weekend so I guess I have to give it a break,

Name:  IMGP1118 (500x375).jpg
Views: 580
Size:  151.2 KB