Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2011, 02:50 AM   #2611
daGeri
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2volts View Post

It's a bit distant but it's a pic. Coyote bag. Disregard the ugly thing in the foreground.
Undoing the front straps to move the bag is a pain in the arse when refuelling, but fine to ride with. I'm tall and tend to sit further back on the seat and don't notice its there. I've cut some notches in the guard for the clips to hold onto.
pete
That's a really beautiful GS! Can I find information and more pic's about this bike somewhere in the web?
daGeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:16 AM   #2612
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer: 4,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by daGeri View Post
That's a really beautiful GS! Can I find information and more pic's about this bike somewhere in the web?
I think its this one - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217713
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadslide, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming- WOW-WHAT A RIDE!
rjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:42 AM   #2613
daGeri
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf View Post
Thank you very much!!
daGeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #2614
tripodtiger
I used to be SCRay

Oddometer: 4,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz-Strom View Post
On the w/e ride, I had a few stalling issues. This happened when not under load and slowing down, clutch in. Would start right up again no problems. Only happened 2 or 3 times in the day's ride.

Sorry for the dumb question, but is there an idle speed adjustment that is easily done? Or is this likely to be symptomatic of another issue? Motor wasn't overly hot at the time.

Thanks
Is this the sort of thing that may be fixed with a 15 minute map re-set?

I did this to mine at the start of summer, last year, and it felt like it started, idled and ran more smoothly. I intend doing it again this week. Going to fit a clean air filter first.

http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/
tripodtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:28 AM   #2615
Paves
Beetrt/liver sausage

Oddometer: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripodtiger View Post
Is this the sort of thing that may be fixed with a 15 minute map re-set?

I did this to mine at the start of summer, last year, and it felt like it started, idled and ran more smoothly. I intend doing it again this week. Going to fit a clean air filter first.
Yeah, I do it every fews weeks, especially when the weather changes and after I get a stall or 2 when out on a ride. Not on a daily, or even weekly or monthly, basis but like now we're having 20s to mid 20s instead of a few weeks ago when it was mostly in the teens. I do the throttle calibration just for the fun of it too.

On another note, now I've done 5000kms my engine seems to be getting smoother and I'm loving my 690 more and more

"All the freaky people make the beauty in the world" - Michael Franty. Weird, odd and proud of it
Paves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:51 AM   #2616
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Oddometer: 1,755
Latest Update on my build
Found that a $10 Alvey Waist Bait Bucket from BCF just fits the gap between the Rally Raid fairing and the Rally Raid tank with support from a bent up piece of alloy to make a stowage.

Swapped the standard 2010/2011 front fender for the old version, the new ones catch the wind and bend down at the front and I reckon the earlier version has better airflow to the radiator.

Still waiting for bits but not far off now.
Andy

http://www.jet-metal.com
El Ponkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:24 AM   #2617
Paves
Beetrt/liver sausage

Andy, you haven't seen a flasher relay on your travels round your bike have you? I still can't find it. It's definitely not amongst the wires behind the headlight as someone once said.

"All the freaky people make the beauty in the world" - Michael Franty. Weird, odd and proud of it
Old 11-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #2618
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paves View Post
Andy, you haven't seen a flasher relay on your travels round your bike have you? I still can't find it. It's definitely not amongst the wires behind the headlight as someone once said.
Mines a 2011 model and the flasher unit is mounted on a tab next to the air sensor on the plastic shroud behind the original headlight fairing. You have the main connector mounting plate then to one side of it the two black items one of which is the air sensor and the other is the flasher. It is only small with a two pin connector.
As I am going to LEDs all round I am changing my flasher unit to a "no load" flasher from this mob, $20 plus $6 postage.
http://www.ledshoponline.com/electro...asher_cans.htm
Andy

Old 11-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #2619
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

You might have left it on the plastic shroud when you removed it for the Rally Raid fairing install, it is only little.
Andy

Old 11-18-2011, 04:48 AM   #2620
overlandr
Temporal Shifter

Oddometer: 5,775
Would love to see this back on the road. Alas not in OZ!

http://www.manheim.com.au/brvm/itemi...=NA&divID=BRVM

overlandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:16 AM   #2621
Paves
Beetrt/liver sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ponkin View Post
You might have left it on the plastic shroud when you removed it for the Rally Raid fairing install, it is only little.
Andy

You beauty Andy.
After reading your posts I went to my shed and looked in the box I put the headlight shroud in - the relay is sitting there with the other stuff I removed. I must have put it there for safekeeping and forgot about it . I have spent days trying to work this out and at least a couple of hours farting around removing things looking trying to find the relay. Must admit I did wonder what the extra 2 pin plug was for, but never put 2 and 2 together

I will gladly buy you a drink when we meet .

Old 11-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #2622
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

No worries mate, glad I could help.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #2623
tripodtiger
I used to be SCRay

Oddometer: 4,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paves View Post

You beauty Andy.
After reading your posts I went to my shed and looked in the box I put the headlight shroud in - the relay is sitting there with the other stuff I removed. I must have put it there for safekeeping and forgot about it . I have spent days trying to work this out and at least a couple of hours farting around removing things looking trying to find the relay. Must admit I did wonder what the extra 2 pin plug was for, but never put 2 and 2 together

I will gladly buy you a drink when we meet .
Don't you hate that!!!
Did the same mistake yesterday, except with my helmet visor.

I saw this TV programme, years ago, that made a very strong case for such distraction mistakes being equally responsible for making a cup of coffee, but forgetting to put the coffee in as they are for a KLM pilot taxiing his 747 into the path of a landing 747 in Africa or the Middle East 30 years ago. Hundreds killed.

Fantastic programme, I wish I had the forethought to record it.

Back on my 690 today! Out to find a new & interesting way to Can'tberra. A riding course tomorrow. Monday I'm going to try and fins some interesting route home, via Numerella & Cooma.

http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/
tripodtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #2624
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Tool Tube Mounting

Catman kindly knocked me up some tool tubes but then the mission was to mount them but do it in a way that they weren’t flush to the pannier tubes so I could still wrap the strap for my Andy Strapz panniers around the pannier frame.
I found a BMW inmate had used his BMW pannier clamps to act as stand offs and manufactured a bracket to locate the 90mm hose clamp for around the tool tube, only issue was finding an 18mm clamp.
Eventually found that hydraulic hose shops sell 18mm hydraulic hose support clamps, mine were $7 each. Then just replace the top plate with a fabricated plate with two chain drilled slots to put the clamp through, sorted.
They are nice and tight once on, beauty.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #2625
Eagle`02
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Think you will find the right side one will foul pretty badly on the swingarm Andy
I had similar on mine a while back and a mate pointed it out, moved it up & inside the Toratech Rack (behind the bags) and no probs so far
Eagle`02 is offline   Reply With Quote