Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #3226
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Oddometer: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz-Strom View Post
I have wired mine the other way around. Gps to unswitched so it stays on when stopped, and accessory socket to switched wires so less chance of a flat batt. Gps always comes off the bike when parked for security anyway.
I have the montana and apparently it draws power even when unit not in cradle
Beer'o'clock Baz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #3227
Oz-Strom
Still trying

Oddometer: 748
I have the Montana also. Wasn't aware the cradle draws power when nothing init to draw. Where does other current go I wonder? Seems at odds with my meager understanding of electrical stuff.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #3228
minusone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz-Strom View Post
I have the Montana also. Wasn't aware the cradle draws power when nothing init to draw. Where does other current go I wonder? Seems at odds with my meager understanding of electrical stuff.
It is probably has built in a 5V stepdown circuit with the input side of the electronics constantly connected will have some leakage.
Not a problem over a few days but in the garage maybe.
With my garmin cradle I just plug it into the dash socket and remove it when in storage.
This socket is also used to charge the battery
minusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #3229
Oz-Strom
Still trying

Oddometer: 748
Thanks minus one for that info. Mine has sat in the garage for weeks and no flat batt yet thankfully. I thought it was fairly common to have the cradle wired unswitched, but I have not heard of issues with battery drain. But......
Old 06-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #3230
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Read about it on the montana thread ages ago
Old 06-16-2012, 01:39 AM   #3231
Wilmo
Orange Fever

Oddometer: 1,270
A few questions for owners:

If you have a Safari tank fitted, do you still need to fill the standard tank from the rear filler on the guard, or does it fill from the Safari tank like a Berg 390,450,570 will?

If you have to fill it from the rear guard - how do you manage this when the bike is loaded? Isn't it a PITA to remove your gear to fill up?

Which racks work best with Andy's panniers? Alternately, does a Giant Loop Great Basin work with the 690 exhaust where it is - looks like its quite prominent and heat might be a problem?

Is the shorter suspension on the new 2012 the same as the original 2008/9 Enduro standard 250mm suspension or has it been revalved?

Take risks and live an extraordinary life!
Wilmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:40 AM   #3232
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,888
Can't be too many 690's left for sale after seeing how many showed up this morning on the TM ADV ride. Used to be 950's and 990's everywhere, and most of the 690 riders said they came from the bigger oranges.

xronly
Cruz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:50 AM   #3233
minusone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,291
The keylock is also a pain so I ordered one of these which uses a standard screw cap.

Tool tube is secured with one strap and quickly removed for refuel or transfer to another bike.

minusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:54 AM   #3234
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
Can't be too many 690's left for sale after seeing how many showed up this morning on the TM ADV ride. Used to be 950's and 990's everywhere, and most of the 690 riders said they came from the bigger oranges.
Mate i had to work this morning that ride looked great
Old 06-16-2012, 02:15 AM   #3235
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,888
Yeah, every one seemed to be enjoying themselves and there were no injuries or drops when we left them, but they hadn't been on the beach yet. Will be interesting to see how all the big bikes go tomorrow.

xronly
Cruz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:10 AM   #3236
podge NT
Podge NT

Oddometer: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post

10 grand cheaper for the small ones, pays for a few parts.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:13 AM   #3237
rosscoact OP
need constant supervision

Oddometer: 5,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilmo View Post

If you have a Safari tank fitted, do you still need to fill the standard tank from the rear filler on the guard, or does it fill from the Safari tank like a Berg 390,450,570 will? If filling both tanks you need to turn off the connection between the two tanks then use the rear first for at least 100k. The front is higher than the rear. So yes, fill separately.

If you have to fill it from the rear guard - how do you manage this when the bike is loaded? Isn't it a PITA to remove your gear to fill up? ]Using a Coyote it's simple but otherwise, yes a PITA but you only have to do it once a day.

Which racks work best with Andy's panniers? Alternately, does a Giant Loop Great Basin work with the 690 exhaust where it is - looks like its quite prominent and heat might be a problem? Best rack and panniers IMHO is the wolfman, will work with Andys

Is the shorter suspension on the new 2012 the same as the original 2008/9 Enduro standard 250mm suspension or has it been revalved?
Dunno, I revalved my E anyway.

www.transaustraliatrail.com.au
rosscoact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:21 AM   #3238
TEZZA
ADV B4 DEM/TED

Oddometer: 289
Thumb Scotts Steering Damper Mount

Hi all in 690 land . I have a Scotts steering damper mount left over from my 690e , if anyone needs to buy one mine is up for sale a t $130 plus postage . P.M . me if you want to buy the moont???
I also found a Brand New chain guard at $30 plus postage.
Tezza
Now the Perfect pair!!!!
TEZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #3239
Brute
Melbourne , outer east .

Oddometer: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilmo View Post

If you have a Safari tank fitted, do you still need to fill the standard tank from the rear filler on the guard, or does it fill from the Safari tank like a Berg 390,450,570 will?
The fuel will drain through but very slowly . I often just fill the Safari tank knowing I have more than 14 litres . If it`s a long stretch I fill both tanks .
Brute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:41 AM   #3240
excTC
Carbon Ktm lifeform

Oddometer: 164
Question Fuel Filters to fit screw cap (Acerbis)

Does anyone know what fuel filter will fit in the screw cap. I have replaced the standard key lock one with the Rally Raid screw cap and want to buy filters. I went to order SpltStream units from Cyclebuy and got the response below.

SplitStream lists these filters as fitting only the stock tanks with the 1/4 turn caps.* We have never had the opportunity to fit the filter to a Rally Raid tank, but we are fairly certain that they will not work with the Acerbis screw-on cap.* Should you choose to proceed with the filters on your order, please understand that we cannot accept returns on any open packages.* You would be responsible for the cost of shipping the returned filters to us.* Please let me know how you would like to proceed and if you have any other questions!