Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #4021
Sol Erzenberg
Lost somewhere

Oddometer: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideWithMe View Post
Yeah on the DRZ you get an aluminium plate bolted to the subframe that holds the tool tube at the same angle as the pipe on the opposite side, I realise the 690 is mostly tank there and wasn't sure if there is anything to bolt to, thanks

I was thinking maybe you could even modify one of the Rally-Raid engine toolbox mounts to hold a tool tube, not sure if there's enough room.

I have been thinking of buying a Rally-Raid engine toolbox, does anyone know if they get in the way at all when you are riding ?
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1979 Honda CR125R Elsinore.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC

Sol Erzenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #4022
Sol Erzenberg
Lost somewhere

Oddometer: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post
Just sharing some pic's from my project.

Hmmm..
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1979 Honda CR125R Elsinore.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC

Sol Erzenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #4023
BygDaddee
Where do I get a pie

Oddometer: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Erzenberg View Post
I have been thinking of buying a Rally-Raid engine toolbox, does anyone know if they get in the way at all when you are riding ?

You could always shape up a bit of cardboard and tape it approx where the photo shows and then make a call on it.

Does anyone have any photos or point to a link on the 12v accessories connectors behind the headlight.
BygDaddee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #4024
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
when they were selling the 690RR's new they were running about the same price as the 450RR is now...about $50,000 USD as I recall. Though I think there was a price for just the bike and a price for the bike and the opportunity to buy spares off the KTM truck at Dakar.
As I recall 690RR were 29,000 Euros.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:34 AM   #4025
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
You could always shape up a bit of cardboard and tape it approx where the photo shows and then make a call on it.

Does anyone have any photos or point to a link on the 12v accessories connectors behind the headlight.
There very easy to find accesorie one and two take headlight off as you look at the front there on the right - the 690 wunderfest thread has loads of usefull information - usually {but not allways } if you type in the google box what your after e.g ktm 690 accesorie plugs you will find most answers will come up pointing you there - I try to research first ask questions later but I have been acused of not doing that in the past but hey I did try ;-}

Beer'o'clock Baz screwed with this post 01-29-2013 at 12:43 AM
Beer'o'clock Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:40 AM   #4026
BygDaddee
Where do I get a pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2 View Post
There very easy to find accesorie one and two take headlight off as you look at the front there on the right - the 690 wunderfest thread has loads of usefull information - usually {but not allways } if you type in the google box what your after e.g ktm 690 accesorie plugs you will find most answers will come up pointing you there - I try to reearch first ask questions later but I have been acused of not doing that in the past but hey ;-}

Thanks for the info, I've certainly been searching, I wouldn't ask if I could find it.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:53 AM   #4027
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I've certainly been searching, I wouldn't ask if I could find it.
If you pull the headlight off and look to the right handside you will find them - may have to check which is keyed which is constant but very easy to do - I did it so it aint hard it was a while ago but it may even have acc 1 and acc 2 marked on them but cant remember
Old 01-29-2013, 12:56 AM   #4028
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

yep just did some googling they do have acc 1 and acc 2 on a little tag thingo wrapped around the wires
Old 01-29-2013, 01:00 AM   #4029
BygDaddee
Where do I get a pie

Quote:
yep just did some googling they do have acc 1 and acc 2 on a little tag thingo wrapped around the wires
Here's a thread, it's a bit hard to tell what connector it is, I was just trying to get everything ready ahead of time

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516471
Old 01-29-2013, 01:15 AM   #4030
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Quote:
Here's a thread, it's a bit hard to tell what connector it is, I was just trying to get everything ready ahead of time

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516471
Patience grasshopper , wait to you get her then work on it , when you have her and pulled apart I will give you my mob no and help out if I can - but i have found there pretty simple to work on when you say fugit and dive in- and when it comes to the mechanical side of things she will be under warranty and MR DRJOE and the guys on here know there stuff which any advise you can take to the dealer and say " what about this maybe its this "
Old 01-29-2013, 01:17 AM   #4031
BygDaddee
Where do I get a pie

Quote:
Patience grasshopper , wait to you get her then work on it , when you have her and pulled apart I will give you my mob no and help out if I can - but i have found there pretty simple to work on when you say fugit and dive in- and when it comes to the mechanical side of things she will be under warranty and MR DRJOE and the guys on here know there stuff which any advise you can take to the dealer and say " what about this maybe its this "
Lol
Old 01-29-2013, 01:21 AM   #4032
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Quote:
Lol
Bring her camping to barrington tops I could do with another brother and we can compare notes while waiting for the others shhh don't tell them I said that
Old 01-29-2013, 01:29 AM   #4033
BygDaddee
Where do I get a pie

Quote:
Bring her camping to barrington tops I could do with another brother and we can compare notes while waiting for the others shhh don't tell them I said that
I was looking at that one,
First of all I don't know when it will arrive, secondly I want to spend a month setting it up and running it in and getting to know it. You never know if timing fits in with that you might see me, although carrying camper gear is a bit beyond my intentions at this stage.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:46 AM   #4034
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Ride with me
-Further from our convo the other day when asked what mods the very first thing I would do if I was you is don't even ride the tkc's that come on sell them there shit on this bike to slippy on dirt for her wheel spin put a d952 front with a d606 rear on straight away , change the offset on the forks I don't use my steering dampner anymore that will save you $800 these things will stop any headshake you hear about especially the tyres , the tank bolts upper and lower, the tank filler larger spout thingo forgotten its name but its a RR , windshield {but not esential }, tail tidy because the indicators will fall of when leaving the showroom floors driveway, rear pannier rack with top rack , guard it tech bashplate and casing covers { the first ride i did i damaged the leftside casing } , aftermarket pipe and akro mapping or similar , cant think at this moment but there is a lot of other things but these things listed will save embarasment , sidestand dummy switch because you will get caught out there if you take her where she's meant to be taken ,

tyres
offset or dampner
tankbolts
larger tankfiller because mud will get in there
indicators
bashplate and side casings
pipe and mapping
sidestand switch
p.s 6 day ride and you will bond like super glue
p.s.s I think there is a list of things needed on this forum somewhere try using the search function ......ha got ya search function good one hahaha , but there is a list somewhere

Beer'o'clock Baz screwed with this post 01-29-2013 at 01:54 AM
Beer'o'clock Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:54 AM   #4035
digga1111
bann ed

Oddometer: 3,314
without trying to start a tyre war, try an mx71 up front. better spread of tread then the 952. dont bounce as much on tar and will carry load at 14psi
... the XR is the greatest off road motorcycle ever constructed. There's nothing it can't do, hasn't won or will not outperform.
digga1111 is offline   Reply With Quote