Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #4081
ADV-Wes
I'm not lost....yet.

Oddometer: 176
Tank Bag & Fender bag.

Hi guys,

Just wondering what Tank bag recommendations that are out there if I'm running the Safari Tank?

Was looking at the Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag (with a rain cover?) while I was looking at their fender bag. They both look pretty nice?

Is there a bag that fits ok behind that part where the Safari Tank slings over the seat/airbox?

(sorry, I've searched the forum but all I seem to get is a million resuts containing "Tank" mods not Bags!! )

Cheers,

Wes.

Project '97 XR250R
ADV-Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #4082
podge NT
Podge NT

Oddometer: 2,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV-Wes View Post
Hi guys,

Just wondering what Tank bag recommendations that are out there if I'm running the Safari Tank?

Was looking at the Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag (with a rain cover?) while I was looking at their fender bag. They both look pretty nice?

Is there a bag that fits ok behind that part where the Safari Tank slings over the seat/airbox?

(sorry, I've searched the forum but all I seem to get is a million resuts containing "Tank" mods not Bags!! )

Cheers,

Wes.

Giant Loop Fandango tank bag fits well. There are a couple of photos in the Northern Territory thread on pasge 33 &34

podge NT screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 09:16 PM
podge NT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #4083
Oz-Strom
Still trying

Oddometer: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV-Wes View Post
Hi guys,

Wes.
I have the expandable Wolfman Explorer Lite ( I think that is the model) and it fits fine and has worked for me for the last 10000kms. I thought the enduro bag was a bit small, but seen others using it and it seems to fit well too. I also have the fender bag and that is good too.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #4084
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Oddometer: 1,835
Bought some spotties from here:

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-LED-Lights/Categories.bok

One is the floodlight wired through a switch direct to battery, figured it would be useful for setting up campsite and one is a spot, ignition wired. On the website it is the 44 and the 30 and I bought the heavy duty mounts and lens protectors. Waterproof booted switches from Jaycar, Flood draws 1.8 amps and spottie is 0.8.

I figure they are worthwhile if you get stuck out after dark and these are the CRE style LEDs that are super bright.

http://www.jet-metal.com
El Ponkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #4085
BygDaddee
Where do I get a pie

Oddometer: 1,286
Seat Concepts Seat

Finally got my seat concepts carbon/gripper/orange stitch fitted. Might be able to ride home without a numb ass now.

my Farkles complete, for now

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=4082

Pauls Spot Tracker http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...mgxmQRRUCqrKiY
BygDaddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #4086
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,170
I have a 2012 690R - Ive installed the Evo-2 tanks from Rally Raid (UK) and a few other farkles, including Seat Concepts seat, Twin Air filter and kit (Rally Raid), Guard-It bashplate, pannier and rear racks, etc ...

Ive had some long-standing issues with a flickering oil light [still unresolved], but other than that no problems at all.

About 7,000km now.

One thing I did discover last weekend was that the bike is very difficult to hill climb over a certain gradient, and in particular with loose rock I would be interested to know if others have found this also I may just have buggered technique, but places where Ive taken the FE390 very easily and DR650 at a pinch, I really struggled with the 690 it may just be a question of improving clutch control (a lot of rear wheel HP, and reasonably high stock gearing in 1st), and perhaps I have the suspension a little too hard at the front Ill keep practicing, but was a bit surprised the bike is very easy to ride in any other situation brilliant on tight fire trails and open gravel roads ...

Be interested to know whether others have found this difficulties with steep loose hills ...

Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #4087
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
I have a 2012 690R - Ive installed the Evo-2 tanks from Rally Raid (UK) and a few other farkles, including Seat Concepts seat, Twin Air filter and kit (Rally Raid), Guard-It bashplate, pannier and rear racks, etc ...

Ive had some long-standing issues with a flickering oil light [still unresolved], but other than that no problems at all.

About 7,000km now.

One thing I did discover last weekend was that the bike is very difficult to hill climb over a certain gradient, and in particular with loose rock I would be interested to know if others have found this also I may just have buggered technique, but places where Ive taken the FE390 very easily and DR650 at a pinch, I really struggled with the 690 it may just be a question of improving clutch control (a lot of rear wheel HP, and reasonably high stock gearing in 1st), and perhaps I have the suspension a little too hard at the front Ill keep practicing, but was a bit surprised the bike is very easy to ride in any other situation brilliant on tight fire trails and open gravel roads ...

Be interested to know whether others have found this difficulties with steep loose hills ...

Steep hills have more to do with your rear tire choice and pressure rating. Also keep the speed up or slip the clutch....I find you have to be pretty aggressive with the bike sometimes and it will climb away.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #4088
mickd
crash test dummie

Oddometer: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
Steep hills have more to do with your rear tire choice and pressure rating. Also keep the speed up or slip the clutch....I find you have to be pretty aggressive with the bike sometimes and it will climb away.
+1 also its down to the rider

I've just been to my first muslim birthday party. Musical chairs was a bit slow but F**k me, pass the parcel was bloody quick.
mickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #4089
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Oddometer: 1,688
606 rear mx71 front with setting number one ? the dohy setting and it will gewt up no probs with slipping the clutch also they fixed my oil light no probs I think a new sensor was installed
Quote:

About 7,000km now.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #4090
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2 View Post

606 rear mx71 front with setting number one ? the dohy setting and it will gewt up no probs with slipping the clutch also they fixed my oil light no probs I think a new sensor was installed
Thanks all ...

I may need a new oil pressure sensor ...

Im running D606 rear and MT21 on the front, as I have on other bikes in this sort of terrain similar pressures cant drop too much air out as the rocks here are very sharp.

What did you mean by setting number 1?

Careful clutch slipping is going to be the key I guess Ive not had to do too much of that with the Berg, which hops up pretty much anything with low revs will put in some practice caught me by surprise, and hence the question Ive been quicker over tight fire trails on the 690 than mates on enduro bikes beautifully balanced and heaps of power but a couple of long steep loose hills pulled me right up hills that Ive not been challenged on before ...

Anyway, some clutch slipping / hill climbing practice is clearly needed ...
Old 03-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #4091
creedyflyr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Quote:

Nice one, I'm lovin the look of the new Tanks. Thats the color combo I was thinking of buying. Any chance of some more pics? We love pics!!
Creedy.
creedyflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #4092
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedyflyr View Post
Nice one, I'm lovin the look of the new Tanks. Thats the color combo I was thinking of buying. Any chance of some more pics? We love pics!!
Creedy.
Some more pics.

The tanks are beautiful - very well made, and sit nicely on the bike - slim design, and good ergonomics.

Have to say also that you'd struggle to find a company with better service.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #4093
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Oddometer: 1,688
Advancing settings are under the seat 0 = bad fuel, 1=mud less wheel spin, 2= advance fastest setting, 3= standard , they do work I have the switch on my bars, Michy UHD tubes and drop to 14psi front 16 psi rear no probs with rocks.
Front suspension as soft as it will go and it glides over rocks instead of bouncing of them
Quote:
Thanks all ...

I may need a new oil pressure sensor ...

I’m running D606 rear and MT21 on the front, as I have on other bikes in this sort of terrain – similar pressures – can’t drop too much air out as the rocks here are very sharp.

What did you mean by setting number 1?

Careful clutch slipping is going to be the key – I guess I’ve not had to do too much of that with the Berg, which hops up pretty much anything with low revs – will put in some practice – caught me by surprise, and hence the question – I’ve been quicker over tight fire trails on the 690 than mates on enduro bikes – beautifully balanced and heaps of power – but a couple of long steep loose hills pulled me right up – hills that I’ve not been challenged on before ...

Anyway, some clutch slipping / hill climbing practice is clearly needed ...
Old 03-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #4094
BygDaddee
Where do I get a pie

Oddometer: 1,286
Quote:
Some more pics.

The tanks are beautiful - very well made, and sit nicely on the bike - slim design, and good ergonomics.

Have to say also that you'd struggle to find a company with better service.
Like those tanks

Pauls Spot Tracker http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...mgxmQRRUCqrKiY
BygDaddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:41 AM   #4095
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2 View Post
Advancing settings are under the seat 0 = bad fuel, 1=mud less wheel spin, 2= advance fastest setting, 3= standard , they do work I have the switch on my bars, Michy UHD tubes and drop to 14psi front 16 psi rear no probs with rocks.
Front suspension as soft as it will go and it glides over rocks instead of bouncing of them

setting #1 is for the birds (IMO ). I tried it a couple of times but found it was rather pointless and just learned to handle the full power. Setting number 1 limits how far the throttle plate can open and drops about 40 hp off the bike.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote