Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2008, 08:53 AM   #16
rwamf
Follow me

Oddometer: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDKW1
I beg to differ, Mine has been all the way down Baja a couple of times.

Mine and My chica shortly before removing another turn signal.
That's Great, but it is "Not an Adventure bike" for me, that is why I have a GS ADV, I am keeping my 300 for the tight, tuff , nasty single track. so keeping the mass down is important.
The bike is the most reliable bike I have ever owned and it is more than capable of going or doing what ever you want, but when it comes to long trips I like 85hp and 80mph on the dirt.

rwamf homepage
rwamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #17
ironbrewer OP
Hopefully Riding

Oddometer: 3,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwamf
That's Great, but it is "Not an Adventure bike" for me, that is why I have a GS ADV, I am keeping my 300 for the tight, tuff , nasty single track. so keeping the mass down is important.
The bike is the most reliable bike I have ever owned and it is more than capable of going or doing what ever you want, but when it comes to long trips I like 85hp and 80mph on the dirt.
But you don't have to fill up the gas tank, and the wings on the Acerbis tank are light protection for the radiators.

Pat Paulsen
ironbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:53 PM   #18
rwamf
Follow me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbrewer
But you don't have to fill up the gas tank, and the wings on the Acerbis tank are light protection for the radiators.
True, Ya never know I might get one, Gas is like money, you always feel better when you have more than you need.

rwamf homepage
Old 06-30-2008, 10:22 PM   #19
tHEtREV
tEAM iDIOT

Oddometer: 6,515
If your not going to use the extra fuel the Acerbis has to offer can I have it?... I mean I woulden't bother.

It does make it noticeably wider between your legs.

I only have one because I need all the fuel I can get with the places I ride.

KDX Super Fan!

My Spot HERE .
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:00 AM   #20
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,813
I'm curious..What gearing is everyone running and what is your top speed with that gearing?
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:26 AM   #21
rwamf
Follow me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin4woods
I'm curious..What gearing is everyone running and what is your top speed with that gearing?
14/47 cruise at 55mph @6700 rpm+-
13/47 for my Knobby wheel set don't like to do much over the highway with this
55mph 7200rpm+-
GPS SPEEDS as the speedo says 10 over, must be made by BMW

rwamf homepage

rwamf screwed with this post 07-06-2008 at 09:06 PM
Old 07-02-2008, 09:58 PM   #22
rwamf
Follow me

Installed the Clark Tank, RC Bend Renthal Fat Bars w/ 50mm risers, Heated Grips and Moose Skid Plate
it's getting there

rwamf homepage

rwamf screwed with this post 07-02-2008 at 10:07 PM
Old 07-03-2008, 04:29 AM   #23
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,813
You seem to be doing a great job with the hybrid klx250/300... Any info on whether the 6th (trans. ratio) gear in the 250s is taller than the one in the 300? I would love to go back down a tooth in the front but when I do ,the cruising speed drops 5mph....
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:55 AM   #24
ironbrewer OP
Hopefully Riding

Do you know if the 250 stator would fit in the 300??
I just put a dynojet kit in my carb and my gas mileage plummited to 35 mpg. The bike is much more responsive, but it still is having some problems starting and idleing. I heard the needles on the newer kits get stuck some. What would the symptoms of that??

Pat Paulsen
Old 07-03-2008, 07:41 AM   #25
rwamf
Follow me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin4woods
You seem to be doing a great job with the hybrid klx250/300... Any info on whether the 6th (trans. ratio) gear in the 250s is taller than the one in the 300? I would love to go back down a tooth in the front but when I do ,the cruising speed drops 5mph....
06 and 07 KLX250 has the same trans as the 300
on the 09 KLX they changed the ratios in the wrong direction(IMO). thats why I had to find a leftover 07, parts are interchangeable, 09 it is mostly different, shock, linkage, forks,bodywork, etc.

rwamf homepage
Old 07-03-2008, 07:43 AM   #26
rwamf
Follow me

Quote:
I just put a dynojet kit in my carb and my gas mileage plummited to 35 mpg. The bike is much more responsive, but it still is having some problems starting and idleing. I heard the needles on the newer kits get stuck some. What would the symptoms of that??
I believe you would have to change the crank, the crank is longer I was told, I will have to look at them side by side, I will post the results when I find out.
I have two 300 carbs, and would play with the jetting on both and I never was happy with the DynoJet needle, I found my best results with the stock needle
128 main, 35 pilot , stock needle clip in the top groove, never drilled the slide, and runs great at all alt, 4500-11500
Robert

rwamf homepage
Old 07-03-2008, 08:10 AM   #27
ironbrewer OP
Hopefully Riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwamf
I believe you would have to change the crank, the crank is longer I was told, I will have to look at them side by side, I will post the results when I find out.
I have two 300 carbs, and would play with the jetting on both and I never was happy with the DynoJet needle, I found my best results with the stock needle
128 main, 35 pilot , stock needle clip in the top groove, never drilled the slide, and runs great at all alt, 4500-11500
Robert
I already drilled the slide. Does that screw me??

What kind of gas mileage did you get??

So I'm assuming the 6th gear on the 07 is quite a bit higher?? And it is interchangable with a 2000 transmission??

Nevermind, I re read the post. The 06 - 07 are the same as the 300 right??

nother question, Is the stock pilot jet a #35?? Ron Ayers only lists a #35.

Pat Paulsen

ironbrewer screwed with this post 07-03-2008 at 08:35 AM
Old 07-03-2008, 12:20 PM   #28
rwamf
Follow me

Quote:
I already drilled the slide. Does that screw me?? ???? Don't know

What kind of gas mileage did you get?? 50 mpg running hard

So I'm assuming the 6th gear on the 07 is quite a bit higher?? And it is interchangable with a 2000 transmission??

Nevermind, I re read the post. The 06 - 07 are the same as the 300 right??
YES same gears
another question, Is the stock pilot jet a #35?? Ron Ayers only lists a #35.
Yes 128main and 35 pilot are stock, all I had to do was lower my needle and my bike runs great, never could get it dialed with the DynoJet needle installed. May be it was just my Carb, But the bike does run very well, gets good mpg's and runs without any sputter at any alt. can't ask for more, That is the advantage of the CV carb.
I thought of doing Thumper racing's new 340 kit but knowing how well I had my bike dialed I just kept it a 300, it will pull my fat ass up any gnarley trail I can find, Sure it won't beat a 450 on a hillclimb or a drag race, but it will stand it's own on any single track, and won't wear you out like a big bore can.

rwamf homepage
Old 07-03-2008, 01:14 PM   #29
tHEtREV
tEAM iDIOT

Oddometer: 6,515
Quote:
?
You can't put the electric start on without changing the crank (and yes they are noticeably longer), but I am running the stator from my 04 250 in the 97 300 engine.

The only difficulty was that the wires enter the case at a different place on the non electric start bike so you have to cut the heat shrink casing on the wires to get enough wire to pull the ummm... Little black box thingy in there (I think somebody called it the exciter coil?) to screw in to the right place.

And while were on the subject does anyone know how many watts the 250 and the 300 stator puts out?

KDX Super Fan!

My Spot HERE .
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #30
rwamf
Follow me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEtREV

And while were on the subject does anyone know how many watts the 250 and the 300 stator puts out?
75-90 watts for the 300
220-240 for the 250
So I was told

rwamf homepage