Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 07:50 AM   #1
wbbnm OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,735
New computer - Basecamp now works well

I finally replaced my 10 year old XP desktop with a new Dell All in one machine with an Icore5 processor and 6 GB of memory.

Basecamp now seems to work very well. The several second to minute long lockups are gone. Guess I will relearn how to do things in Basecamp.

On another issue I have City Navigator Europe 2008 unlocked to my old 60cx. I sold that unit, but I would like to be able to load CNEuro just to be able to look at the detailed maps.

I tried loading into Mapsource/Basecamp and went thru the installation and the local unlocking wizard. (I have the unlock code.) But when I ran Mapsource/Basecamp they said the software was locked and I cannot see map details.

I tried several ways to unlock it with no success - online, rerunning Unlock Wizard.

Online failed because I do not have the 60cx and I did not save the unit's ID. I did save the serial number.

Since I didn't like seeing the Map locked window every time I ran Mapsource, I managed to uninstall CNEuro. I am planning to buy a new copy for my Montana in a few months.
wbbnm is offline   Reply With Quote