Cam Killer

Oddometer: 6,821
http://www.snafu.org/pics/r1200gsw/2013/0715-wiring/
marchyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #62
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,684
Have a look at the PDM60 by Rowe. Programmable, no fuses (circuit breakers), sealed (potted), very compact.

You can hide it deep because you never have to access it for fuse replacement.

http://www.rowe-electronics.com/modules

beemerphile screwed with this post 09-22-2013 at 04:31 AM
beemerphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #63
genka
SUV hater

Oddometer: 1,469
I found an unconventional spot to for the a fuse panel and a relay. After removing the charcoal canister and associated plumbing, I had a considerable space under the fuel tank and put it ot a good use. The picture id from install in progress, at the end it looked somewhat cleaner. Although Touratech panel wasn't the best choice.

I have a lot of bike powered electrics: Dimmable pair of Aux LEDs with their own on/off and dimmer switches, another 5 LEDs coming up with the high beam, LED side markers/ turn signal repeaters in the handlebars, camera, 2 USB chargers, GPS, voltmeter, garage door opener, top case brake light and heated gear outlet.
Despite so much crap on the bike, this is how my underseat space looks like:

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #64
VietHorse
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by genka View Post
I found an unconventional spot to for the a fuse panel and a relay. After removing the charcoal canister and associated plumbing, I had a considerable space under the fuel tank and put it ot a good use. The picture id from install in progress, at the end it looked somewhat cleaner. Although Touratech panel wasn't the best choice.

I have a lot of bike powered electrics: Dimmable pair of Aux LEDs with their own on/off and dimmer switches, another 5 LEDs coming up with the high beam, LED side markers/ turn signal repeaters in the handlebars, camera, 2 USB chargers, GPS, voltmeter, garage door opener, top case brake light and heated gear outlet.
Despite so much crap on the bike, this is how my underseat space looks like:
Wow, that's really a good found.
However, it would be not really convenience for replace the burn fuses on the road side. If putting under the seat, just need the key to remove the seat.
My 2 cent.

Link to All about VietNam

VietHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #65
genka
SUV hater

Oddometer: 1,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by VietHorse View Post
Wow, that's really a good found.
However, it would be not really convenience for replace the burn fuses on the road side. If putting under the seat, just need the key to remove the seat.
My 2 cent.
The panel is easily accessible without removal of the gas tank. Just need to take the left lateral panel off, which is easy. Anyway, the panel has only a single ingress fuse, all outputs are protected electronically and should reset automatically after a short. I hope to never test this :)

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #66
VietHorse
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by genka View Post
The panel is easily accessible without removal of the gas tank. Just need to take the left lateral panel off, which is easy. Anyway, the panel has only a single ingress fuse, all outputs are protected electronically and should reset automatically after a short. I hope to never test this :)
Great, you seemed cover them all.

Link to All about VietNam

VietHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #67
tarheel rider
Tight Lines

Oddometer: 64
Fuzeblock install

This has given me a wealth of information on installing a fuze block on my 2011 BMW GSA, my challenge is my G650GS and where to put the block and what wire is the trigger. I kind of feel that a fuze block is overkill since the bike is light on excess power and I only want to add a GPS, a phone usb port, and auxiliary lights. Then the question comes up is there enough power generated while riding to run all this stuff?
Old 06-05-2014, 06:50 AM   #68
dmason
goofball

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel rider View Post
This has given me a wealth of information on installing a fuze block on my 2011 BMW GSA, my challenge is my G650GS and where to put the block and what wire is the trigger. I kind of feel that a fuze block is overkill since the bike is light on excess power and I only want to add a GPS, a phone usb port, and auxiliary lights. Then the question comes up is there enough power generated while riding to run all this stuff?
GPS and USB are minimal draw on any system. If the aux lights are LED they are low draw as well. Should be no problem. I like the Fuzeblock because it will let me easily assign multiple items to switched power. Keeping the battery area clean and well connected is a bonus for me.

05 Honda CRF230 - 06 Suzuki GSX-R600, sold - 08 Kawasaki Versys, sold - 07 BMW R1200GS - Took a leap, drank the Kool-Aid
dmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #69
tarheel rider
Tight Lines

Trigger

Can anyone tell me what wire to use for the trigger wire on a 2009 G650gs? I see in the earlier posts what to use on my 2011 R1200 GSA but don't know is the same color pattern holds on the 650.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:52 PM   #70
dmason
goofball

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel rider View Post
Can anyone tell me what wire to use for the trigger wire on a 2009 G650gs? I see in the earlier posts what to use on my 2011 R1200 GSA but don't know is the same color pattern holds on the 650.
I just googled "g650gs Fuzeblock" and found 4-5 threads on the subject...

05 Honda CRF230 - 06 Suzuki GSX-R600, sold - 08 Kawasaki Versys, sold - 07 BMW R1200GS - Took a leap, drank the Kool-Aid
dmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #71
tarheel rider
Tight Lines

Thx!