ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2012, 01:41 AM   #8056
Flashback
Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer: 3,079
Grab

Left the house at 12:30 am tonight for the TriTOR. Was sitting there after getting it thinking to myself -> "Self, do you want to head straight home?"

The answer was "Nope!" Decided that since I was already a third of the way there and since it was such a nice night outside, it would be a shame to head back home with the VA TOR so close...off I went and guess where I ended up....

Great night for a ride. Nice area. Turned off the engine and just sat on the water for a little while before heading back to NC.

Flashback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:48 AM   #8057
Flashback
Mommys Lil Monster

New Tag

After the grab I took off down the road and stopped here for some water skiing ->

(not the tag, just a cool picture)

It was getting really late (er...early in the morning...about 3am) so after I finished skiing I headed to the tag drop location.

(this is the tag)

??? a road closed sign??? yep. This one is special. It is where the road goes into the lake.

(You can find it in this park)

Sorry 'bout not moving it too far. The grab was an impulse and I have to work in the morning (about 2 hours). I absolutely had to be home before daybreak (I was riding in my pajamas---would have looked real funny if I showed up in the lab in them).

Flashback screwed with this post 02-29-2012 at 01:54 AM
Old 02-29-2012, 03:59 AM   #8058
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,148
Excellent.

Pretty sure I've seen the area where the new tag is recently.

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #8059
DEPARKER1817
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
I love your night grabs
Can't Sleep??
DEPARKER1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #8060
Retro OP
Just the Facts Ma'am

Oddometer: 33,025
I want to welcome our new tarheel players. I'm glad you are enjoying the game.

I also want to take a moment to discuss a couple of customs we follow in the VA game.

Please don't post pictures that aren't either the tag you grabbed or the tag you placed. Obvious exceptions to this rule are pictures of your food or desert at wherever you ate, or your waitress if she was especially photo-worthy.

There should never be pictures that say: "Not the tag."

Also, when quoting a post, please remove the photos from the quoted post. People on dialup wish a special kind of hell on those who post up uneeded photos.

This makes the thread annoying and confusing.

Also, please keep unrelated conversations in forums that are better suited for discussions.

This keeps the thread on track and cuts down on confusion.

Thanks.

Retro

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #8061
Flashback
Mommys Lil Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro View Post
I want to welcome our new tarheel players. I'm glad you are enjoying the game.

I also want to take a moment to discuss a couple of customs we follow in the VA game.

Please don't post pictures that aren't either the tag you grabbed or the tag you placed. Obvious exceptions to this rule are pictures of your food or desert at wherever you ate, or your waitress if she was especially photo-worthy.

There should never be pictures that say: "Not the tag."

Also, when quoting a post, please remove the photos from the quoted post. People on dialup wish a special kind of hell on those who post up uneeded photos.

This makes the thread annoying and confusing.

Also, please keep unrelated conversations in forums that are better suited for discussions.

This keeps the thread on track and cuts down on confusion.

Thanks.

Retro
Aye aye mon capiton! Roger. Wilco.

But just to reiterate , so that I am clear on what is within the stated rulzzzz and what is outside them you only want tag pictures even though getting a tag picture includes the entire adventure of riding to and from and between different locations.

I apologize for my heavy handed picture taking, and for having too much fun while riding from the tag grab to the tag drop. It won't happen again...(in the third person) he turns around to white lightening and utters a few choice word "bad motorcycle -> no more fun for you unless the word tag or grab is in the picture"..consider myself and the motorcycle properly chastised.

I am long winded as a general rule...it is just the way me brain works...but I will try to be more clear and concise when I post in this forum just like I was taught in school.

(If I may switch hats for a a second )
I apologize again if my tag grabbing style ruffles some feathers. I really didn't mean any harm. I think though that something which often gets lost in the blind obedience to rules is that these are games first and foremost...they are meant to be fun....we are responsible for our own rides and I try to make my rides as fun as they possibly can be (which sometimes results in my getting into very unorthodox situations with the bike).

Heck the only reason most of us ride period is to have fun. My ride reporting is all in good fun mate, to provide narrative enhancement to that singular and very lonely picture which is the tag pic. Without narrative a picture has no context, it tells no story. And the story of the ride is the ride. My story comes out in the tags I grab.

...I guess I made a good choice to go minimal on the narrative in the previous grab. I almost posted (but chose not to post) the picture I took of me trying to snowboard that water ski down the hill and the other one with the water ski riding the bike.

I swear I will try to be less lengthy and less opinionated in the future and try to stick to (as Dan Ackroyd so aptly said when he starred as Sgt Joe Friday in Dragnet) "just the facts".

---> we all love riding in Virgina. You all have some great road and most excellent scenery. It's quality tag country fer sure!

Flashback screwed with this post 02-29-2012 at 10:20 AM
Old 02-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #8062
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro View Post

People on dialup wish a special kind of hell on those who post up uneeded photos.
Will do on all the above.

One question: Are there really folks still on dialup??? I thought my having to run home to post pics was as old school as it gets...

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #8063
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,519
This isn't like the tag games you're used to. Just a pic and clues for the tag and a pic and location for the grab. That is all

There's an app..er..thread for all this...

Damn chatter

bwalsh screwed with this post 02-29-2012 at 11:35 AM
bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #8064
DEPARKER1817
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
This is funny
DEPARKER1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #8065
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 5,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
This isn't like the tag games you're used to. Just a pic and clues for the tag and a pic and location for the grab. That is all

There's an app..er..thread for all this...

Damn chatter
Good idea...I see other TOR's that employ a side tracked thread for such BSing...Thanks for the heads up....now we return you to the hijacked VA TOR... Oh and Erik I agree with your attitude on riding...and telling the story...

2001 Honda ST1100...STOC#7000
1979 Yamaha XS1100F Go Your Own Way
"Never too Far...Never too cold...Never too wet..." Moonshine Lunch Run Mantra... RIP Terry Hammond
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #8066
Flashback
Mommys Lil Monster

So what's the ruling on photo mosaics and collages? And can I post my grab pics in the chatter thread instead?

Hah Hah...just kidding.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #8067
Retro OP
Just the Facts Ma'am

Oddometer: 33,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
So what's the ruling on photo mosaics and collages? And can I post my grab pics in the chatter thread instead?

Hah Hah...just kidding.

You can post boobies in the chatter thread.

....just kidding

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #8068
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,084
grab

IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #8069
freaking RT
will golf for food

new tag up soon.
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
Old 03-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #8070
freaking RT
will golf for food

OK boys and girls

here's the new tag.

IBA#10787

– Abraham Lincoln

-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map