ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #1306
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?
 
FOXedupONE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Raising the cub in the foxden, B'ville,VA.
Oddometer: 2,546
Reva=Reba oh damn! I knew her name.

Congrats 2ndspace for the fairly early morning run depending on where you live and how you posted.
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #1307
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?
 
FOXedupONE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Raising the cub in the foxden, B'ville,VA.
Oddometer: 2,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by manganos
FOX where did you go to see LWD? I was making fun of you and it would have been more entertaining if you where there to witness them...
I was there you fuckers,I was trying to say hello to everyone, but you all seemed to be real cliquey and too cool to say hello to anyone around you and were making fun of me anyway...so I figured screw trying to make an effort.

I was talking to the owner of CDOC for a while who was real friendly(but riding together with his son on a GS,not sure how far away they live, but the both of them, no gear on and dressed in shorts) then took off for the night ride back home.

I was there on my Aprilia Tuono since she has been ignored lately(you know since I have the scooter and all) and needed to be exercised.

Movie was great I enjoyed it. Although especially with three trucks following them they really could have gone on smaller bikes than the 500+lbs GS's and had a lot more fun and easier time off road. I thought they would have learned their lesson from Long Way Around, although Africa seemed a lot easier than that trip was. Watching Ewans wife ride though was painful to witness.

There will be plenty more to see on the TV episodes starting this weekend and will be the only good show on Fox Reality Network or some stupid cable channel like that. Set your DVR's.

FOXedupONE screwed with this post 08-01-2008 at 10:51 AM
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #1308
J2Jonner
Gnarly Adventurer
 
J2Jonner's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Oddometer: 319
Ahh that was you on the Touno! Nice bike! Did you arrive late? I didn't see the bike before the movie, and after it I think everyone was getting ready to head out and just saying goodbye. I didn't notice any real "cliqueiness", but I guess I did probably seek out the peeps I knew were more local and I might run into like Madstrom and Manganos. It's a group of guys..you have to say hi, we aren't all gonna come up and kiss your ass! Glad you made it even if I didn't get to meet you.

Cheers!
J2Jonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #1309
freaking RT
will golf for food
 
freaking RT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: just outside Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 31,727
I knew it I said to myself heading 522 you'd get it

Reva and Slate Mill aka VA 707





nice grab
__________________
“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," - President Barack Obama
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:08 AM   #1310
freaking RT
will golf for food
 
freaking RT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: just outside Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 31,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXedupONE
I was there you fuckers,I was trying to say hello to everyone, but you all seemed to be real cliquey and too cool to say hello to anyone around you and were making fun of me anyway...so I figured screw trying to make an effort.

boo hoo
__________________
“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," - President Barack Obama
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #1311
freaking RT
will golf for food
 
freaking RT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: just outside Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 31,727
free wi-fi downtown Culpeper just parked in shade typing away.

the traffic in this town sucks

time to roll tires
__________________
“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," - President Barack Obama
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:29 AM   #1312
2ndSPACE
Beastly Adventurer
 
2ndSPACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Berryville, VA
Oddometer: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT
I knew it I said to myself heading 522 you'd get it

Reva and Slate Mill aka VA 707





nice grab
even
2ndSPACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #1313
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Oddometer: 36,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT
free wi-fi downtown Culpeper just parked in shade typing away.

the traffic in this town sucks

time to roll tires
You need to stay off the main drag. Blue Ridge Ave paralellels the main drag and is the way to go.

I never go down Main St. Too much traffic.
Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #1314
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?
 
FOXedupONE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Raising the cub in the foxden, B'ville,VA.
Oddometer: 2,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2Jonner
Ahh that was you on the Touno! Nice bike! Did you arrive late? I didn't see the bike before the movie, and after it I think everyone was getting ready to head out and just saying goodbye. I didn't notice any real "cliqueiness", but I guess I did probably seek out the peeps I knew were more local and I might run into like Madstrom and Manganos. It's a group of guys..you have to say hi, we aren't all gonna come up and kiss your ass! Glad you made it even if I didn't get to meet you.

Cheers!
I'm just messing with y'all it didn't seem unfriendly at all. It was late and I was looking to head home myself. I made it just a bit after the movie started. Damn that thing started on time. I guess there weren't 15 minutes of previews.

You all were supposed to kiss my ass though,remember my last tag? I was disapointed that that didn't happen in reality. I should have come on the scooter though to really get some respect.
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:29 PM   #1315
Riparian
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Riparian's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXedupONE
I'm just messing with y'all it didn't seem unfriendly at all. It was late and I was looking to head home myself. I made it just a bit after the movie started. Damn that thing started on time. I guess there weren't 15 minutes of previews.

You all were supposed to kiss my ass though,remember my last tag? I was disapointed that that didn't happen in reality. I should have come on the scooter though to really get some respect.
Fox -- how many freakin bikes do you have?

Also, what do you do for a living? I'm thinking it might be time for a career change... (for me)
Riparian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #1316
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?
 
FOXedupONE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Raising the cub in the foxden, B'ville,VA.
Oddometer: 2,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecivic
Fox -- how many freakin bikes do you have?

Also, what do you do for a living? I'm thinking it might be time for a career change... (for me)

I have 5 bikes on the street, 3 focused towards asphalt and 2 good for dirt, and my 6th bike a CRF150 to mess around with on my folks farm.

I've aquired and collected them these last 8 years. Do I need 6 bikes? Hell no, but it's fun to have them all around if that's all you spend your extra money on and never feel like selling any of them.

I have more toys now then I ever did as a kid. I guess I felt deprived and am making up for it now.
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #1317
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo
 
Boon Booni's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 13,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXedupONE
I'm just messing with y'all it didn't seem unfriendly at all...

Was that you parked between the handicap spots right at the theater entrance?
__________________
Where the fuck...
Where the fuck is the bike?
You gotta be shitting me.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #1318
Ogribike
Vagabond
 
Ogribike's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 1,817
The only reason to own six bikes is you haven't found the seventh one you want. Just sold number eight Ducati ST2.

I should be out of Brazil and back in the States at the end of the month to join the tag hunting.
__________________
Just a guy riding a motorcycle.

Jim.
Ogribike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #1319
manganos
Let me pontificate.
 
manganos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Was that you parked between the handicap spots right at the theater entrance?
If that was him I did manage to say a "how are your doing" when I was leaving. Nice looking bike too! Sounded quite swwwweeeeeet. You should have rode back to the parking lot full of bikes and introduced yourself.
__________________
sponsored motorcycle rider
manganos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #1320
freaking RT
will golf for food
 
freaking RT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: just outside Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 31,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndSPACE
even
__________________
“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," - President Barack Obama
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014