Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #91
rdwalker OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaboy
... I'm hoping to do the trip in the same direction as you; starting out from Saint John, New Brunswick... Off the top of your head what was the furthest distance between gas stations? ...
Hi, sorry to have not replied right away - did not check on this thread in a while.

Hopefully you are already on your trip or just getting ready. You'll love it.

The longest distance without fuel is about 300km/200m - indeed, Goose Bay to Churchill Falls. I took a 1-gal fuel tank as a reserve, but never needed: the standard tank on my 1200GS was sufficient.

Good luck on the rail-trail, too. I hear it is very nice!
rdwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #92
rdwalker OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *dusty*
just stumbled across this. great report! im heading up there for round two this june
cheers
josh
Hi, Josh, it's good to see your post! I hope you recovered from the mishap on Trans-Lab last year: body OK and bike likewise.

Good luck on the run! Looking forward to your report.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #93
rdwalker OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBandit
cool ride report, cant wait to see where are you going next, robert! also, a good motivator to get up there myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulked Up
Great ride report, totally demystifies the trip. For those of us on the East Coast who can't go to Alaska, this may be the next best thing.
Hi, guys, I am sorry I did not reply earlier. Thanks for the nice comments - as I wrote before, it is very gratifying that someone else beside my niece and nephew enjoys my posts.

And I agree, Trans-Labrador is one of the great adventures, quite possibly on par with Alaskan runs.

I did other neat rides before and since (for example, explored Patagonia and Tierra-del-Fuego last March - and, I am writing this post in Barcelona, Spain, where I'll pick up a rental bike tomorrow for a few days of exploring the Pyreness) - but, the Trans-Lab is still near the top of my Adventure list. There are very few such destinations within riding distance form the Northeast of the US, where you can experience such epic adventure: you against the road, the elements, the climate. Just great!

I hope you can do it soon.