ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #136
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer
 
Grizz Adams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Somerville, TN
Oddometer: 1,877
How bought Tuesday May 12th? I will let someone else make the restaurant suggestion. Unless you really want me too, I can be bought!
__________________

"I go where the voices in my head tell me to!"

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Grizz Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #137
JMW
Which way today?
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 267
Is it a go rain or shine?

How about the Boiling Point restaurant on Church Rd in Southaven? Reasonably priced New Orleans style food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_TN
How bought Tuesday May 12th? I will let someone else make the restaurant suggestion. Unless you really want me too, I can be bought!
JMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:50 PM   #138
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jamie Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: almost Memphis
Oddometer: 7,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW
How about the Boiling Point restaurant on Church Rd in Southaven? Reasonably priced New Orleans style food.
I've never been to Boiling point, though I've gone by the place a few times. Looks expensive. Can I bring a bag lunch?

I should be good for Tuesday, though I'm serious about the bag lunch. I can't afford to buy a $20 dinner.

Will there also be a ride associated with the day? Maybe we could go down around Sardis or something. Or wherever.

Jamie
__________________
I'm the Tent Space Guy Sign up to host fellow travelers here.

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #139
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer
 
Grizz Adams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Somerville, TN
Oddometer: 1,877
I should be able to make it tues nite as well. Although I won't be able to ride before hand. Dang job gets in the way. I am with you Jamie my budget won't afford a fancy meal. There is a good place that my company just built in east memphis that serves grilled fish. U can eat there for like $10. Called Humdingers. But I am open for whatever as long as it is reasonably priced.
__________________

"I go where the voices in my head tell me to!"

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Grizz Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #140
JMW
Which way today?
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 267
Just to get things moving I suggested the Boiling Point but I'm not wed to it. I'll go where ever we get the greatest attendance.

I would suggest for some other time, say on a Friday of Saturday a trip down to Uncle Henrys on Moon Lake in Lula, MS. About an hour south of Memphis on 61. A little pricy but well worth the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_TN
I should be able to make it tues nite as well. Although I won't be able to ride before hand. Dang job gets in the way. I am with you Jamie my budget won't afford a fancy meal. There is a good place that my company just built in east memphis that serves grilled fish. U can eat there for like $10. Called Humdingers. But I am open for whatever as long as it is reasonably priced.
JMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:43 AM   #141
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer
 
Grizz Adams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Somerville, TN
Oddometer: 1,877
I am game for any place. How bout a Mexican place. They usually have lots of food at a reasonable price.

JMW, where is MS are you?
__________________

"I go where the voices in my head tell me to!"

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Grizz Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #142
JMW
Which way today?
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 267
Mexican is fine with me. Do you have one in mind?

Alternative, have you tried the Flying Fish on 2nd street? Reasonably priced as well.

I'm up for pretty much anything.

I'm in Olive Branch, MS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_TN
I am game for any place. How bout a Mexican place. They usually have lots of food at a reasonable price.

JMW, where is MS are you?
JMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #143
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer
 
Grizz Adams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Somerville, TN
Oddometer: 1,877
I live in Somerville and work in Bartlett. Is there anything in the Hacks-cross Winchester area? I think that there is an all you can eat Mexican place over that way I think. Also I think that Buffalo wild wings is cheap wing night is on tuesdays.


I up up for what ever. Say around 6:30ish? Let me know what you think.
__________________

"I go where the voices in my head tell me to!"

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Grizz Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #144
JustinT
I will ride my whole life
 
JustinT's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: The Great US
Oddometer: 946
Here's the list of the suggestions so we can just go down the list? (no reason to choose between them...just gives more nights to go eat/ride!)

Deli Mexicana
Dan McGuiness (done)
Boiling Point
Humdingers
Uncle Henry's
Flying Fish
Mi Pueblo (done)
Buffalo wild wings
Joes Crab shack (done)




I'll add to this list as I catch suggestions. And I'll cross them out as they are checked off!
__________________
Full Throttle - it either solves the problem or ends the suspense

JustinT screwed with this post 06-16-2009 at 08:45 AM
JustinT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #145
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic
 
malibu_dan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Middle Tennessee
Oddometer: 1,445
Sorry, can't make it this week, guys. I'll try again next month--have some cheesecake for me
malibu_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:11 PM   #146
JMW
Which way today?
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 267
I can't recall the name but there is a Mexican restaurant just south of Winchester on the east side of Hacks Cross Rd. It's in a strip mall. I've eaten there once, it's not bad.

Want to give it a try? 6:30 works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_TN
I live in Somerville and work in Bartlett. Is there anything in the Hacks-cross Winchester area? I think that there is an all you can eat Mexican place over that way I think. Also I think that Buffalo wild wings is cheap wing night is on tuesdays.


I up up for what ever. Say around 6:30ish? Let me know what you think.
JMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #147
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jamie Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: almost Memphis
Oddometer: 7,717
Google Maps shows:

Taco Bell‎
7964 Winchester Rd, Memphis, TN‎

Mi Pueblo‎
3750 Hacks Cross Rd, Memphis, TN‎

On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina‎
7935 Winchester Rd, Memphis, TN

Salsarita's‎
3800 Hacks Cross Rd, Memphis, TN

near that intersection. One of those?

Jamie
__________________
I'm the Tent Space Guy Sign up to host fellow travelers here.

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #148
JMW
Which way today?
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 267
I'm pretty sure the one I'm thinking of is Mi Pueblo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Z
Google Maps shows:

Taco Bell‎
7964 Winchester Rd, Memphis, TN‎

Mi Pueblo‎
3750 Hacks Cross Rd, Memphis, TN‎

On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina‎
7935 Winchester Rd, Memphis, TN

Salsarita's‎
3800 Hacks Cross Rd, Memphis, TN

near that intersection. One of those?

Jamie
JMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #149
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jamie Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: almost Memphis
Oddometer: 7,717
Is it ok if I show up with Taco Bell?

Jamie
__________________
I'm the Tent Space Guy Sign up to host fellow travelers here.

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #150
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer
 
Grizz Adams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Somerville, TN
Oddometer: 1,877
Count me in. Mi Pueblo. Unless I hear different.
__________________

"I go where the voices in my head tell me to!"

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Grizz Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014