ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2010, 11:35 AM   #1576
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stu
NW arkansas is always fun
I like NW Arkansas, but I feel like I've ridden there a dozen times... I need a destination to shoot for. I don't really care just to ride for riding's sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT
MO

Elephant Rocks, Johnson's Shut Ins, Big Spring, Taum Sauk Fire Tower. There's more......lots more. Ask Josh how much fun we had last year.
I'll have to Google those places.

I'm worried that Sunday is going to come. I won't yet have figured out a place to go, and I'll just stay home instead.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #1577
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Oddometer: 5,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Z
I like NW Arkansas, but I feel like I've ridden there a dozen times... I need a destination to shoot for. I don't really care just to ride for riding's sake.
Go to Fredericktown, MO and get me some triple-hots from the Pig BBQ.
Disco Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #1578
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

Grr. Corvette Assembly plant in Bowling Green requires reservations nine days in advance.

Do people really plan out their lives that far ahead?

Triple Hots?

Old 04-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #1579
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Z
Grr. Corvette Assembly plant in Bowling Green requires reservations nine days in advance.

Do people really plan out their lives that far ahead?

Triple Hots?
bbq pulled pork with a lot of hot sauce on toasted bread. I've ridden there before just to get some.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #1580
SCQTT OP
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,324
Quote:
bbq pulled pork with a lot of hot sauce on toasted bread. I've ridden there before just to get some.
It is a MO thing. Also a great place in Jackson, next to Cape for those. Super thin just a little pork, super hot & on white bread toast. You need the bread for the heat. Only about a $1.50 each. Order 4.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #1581
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT
It is a MO thing. Also a great place in Jackson, next to Cape for those. Super thin just a little pork, super hot & on white bread toast. You need the bread for the heat. Only about a $1.50 each. Order 4.
He couldn't afford that many. Remember how cheap he is.

"I go where the voices in my head tell me to!"

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Grizz Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:11 AM   #1582
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

If I go out of town this week(end) it probably means I won't make the weekly dinner. I mention this because the last I heard we were considering meeting in Horn Lake at Wiseguy's, which is just down the road from me. I'd hate for y'all to ride to Horn Lake, a mile from my house, when I can't even be there myself...

Perhaps if Jim, Denny, Gregg, or Donnie(!) can make it up this way, it'd be worth the ride. On the other hand, it might be a good idea to meet in a more northerly location.

And as long as I have your attention, I'm looking for a good home for a puppy. Some of you may remember meeting my friend Rénee. She´s been to at least a couple ADV dinners with me. She found this little boy wandering the streets in midtown. No collar, no lost dog signs in sight.

He's a mix of pit bull and something else... collie, if I remember what she told me, at least according the vet where she brought the dog to have his shots, including his rabies vaccination. Estimated age is ten months. The dog has not been neutered as of this writing, but that's next on the list, so that status may change.

He's not named, but I suggested Tiger because he has alternating orange and black stripes on his body with a white patch on his chest.

I've met the dog and he's real mellow, at least for a puppy. He has a playful side, but he'll also lay down or sit quiet when you tell him to. He's quiet, stays in a kennel, and has done all his business outside. I'm not really a dog person, but I have to say I was impressed with his behavior. He has some initial timidity, but warms up quickly and according to Rénee and my own experience, he trains quickly.

Rénee is looking for a good home for him. She already has two dogs in a small apartment. If you or someone you know would like to meet the dog, let me know.

Jamie

Old 04-03-2010, 09:59 PM   #1583
notarat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Hey guys

Hey all. Clint here. Just found out about this thread from malibu_dan at the WR250R forum so I thought I'd reply and subscribe to the thread so I could meet some people to ride with. Hope to meet you all soon.
notarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #1584
JMW
Which way today?

Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by notarat
Hey all. Clint here. Just found out about this thread from malibu_dan at the WR250R forum so I thought I'd reply and subscribe to the thread so I could meet some people to ride with. Hope to meet you all soon.
[PHP]
You may live to regret Dan turning you on to this group- we're a strange bunch.
JMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #1585
JMW
Which way today?

[QUOTE=Jamie Z]If I go out of town this week(end) it probably means I won't make the weekly dinner. I mention this because the last I heard we were considering meeting in Horn Lake at Wiseguy's, which is just down the road from me. I'd hate for y'all to ride to Horn Lake, a mile from my house, when I can't even be there myself...

Perhaps if Jim, Denny, Gregg, or Donnie(!) can make it up this way, it'd be worth the ride. On the other hand, it might be a good idea to meet in a more northerly location.

Since you guys skipped Wiseguys last week because I couldn't make it, I think we could skip one more week for Jamie. I'll toss an an option - Dino's Grill (645 N. McLean - eat-italian@dinosgrill.com ). Their closed on Mondays but if we are still meeting on Tuesday's we should be good to go.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #1586
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW
Since you guys skipped Wiseguys last week because I couldn't make it, I think we could skip one more week for Jamie. I'll toss an an option - Dino's Grill (645 N. McLean - eat-italian@dinosgrill.com ). Their closed on Mondays but if we are still meeting on Tuesday's we should be good to go.
I'll try that place one more time.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:23 PM   #1587
notarat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW
[php]
You may live to regret Dan turning you on to this group- we're a strange bunch.
Strange? oh...I have a feeling I'll fit right in.
notarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:27 AM   #1588
JMW
Which way today?

Quote:
I'll try that place one more time.
Has the group eaten there before? I'm open to whatever, just tossed it out there as a suggestion.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:36 AM   #1589
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer: 1,507
Dino's buy-one-get-one Lasagna works for me if the food it good.

Clint: don't miss the ill-conceived non-food related rides in the area found in this thread >>> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517820

Also, since you're new to ADV... whatever you do, don't spend any time in the Ride Reports area. You'll emerge some weeks later babbling on about taking your TTR up the steps of Machu Pichu sounding like a good idea.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #1590
DC950
Microadventurer

Oddometer: 2,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW
Has the group eaten there before? I'm open to whatever, just tossed it out there as a suggestion.
we ate there Saturday with some friends. I live a block from there.

DC950 is offline   Reply With Quote