ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #4651
Trialsbikeadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Kim is selling the Ninja. Great deal to be had on a local bike!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=863853

******SOLD*****

Trialsbikeadam screwed with this post 02-17-2013 at 02:40 PM
Trialsbikeadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #4652
stinkfinger
Chickenfat dirtbiker

Oddometer: 1,206
She gonna get a d/s?

Tony
stinkfinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #4653
max1138
unsentinent wanderer

Oddometer: 104
that was quick

that was a quick sale, ya should have charged more.

is a nice used klr in the future?
max1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #4654
Trialsbikeadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Yeah maybe we shoulda asked a bit more LOL Oh well.

Kim is inheriting my 650GS and thanks to the ninja sale and uncle sam's mandatory savings plan (tax return) i'm going shopping for a KTM 950/990
Old 02-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #4655
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trialsbikeadam View Post
Yeah maybe we shoulda asked a bit more LOL Oh well.

Kim is inheriting my 650GS and thanks to the ninja sale and uncle sam's mandatory savings plan (tax return) i'm going shopping for a KTM 950/990

Justin (XR 650R King) can help you find one of those. He has done extensive research when he bought his. He can tell you what year models etc to look at. He is the KTM guy around here.

"I go where the voices in my head tell me to!"

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Grizz Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #4656
JustinT
I will ride my whole life

Oddometer: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_TN View Post
Justin (XR 650R King) can help you find one of those. He has done extensive research when he bought his. He can tell you what year models etc to look at. He is the KTM guy around here.
Hmmm no pressure or anything...I'm no expert. But I'll help where I can... BTW I'm not a new bike guy but I'm sure you are aware the 1190 is coming out soon.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #4657
max1138
unsentinent wanderer

re:ktm

oddly enough, look in senatobia ms down the road a bit from you, the dealer is right across from wallyworld oddly disguised as a kawasaki dealer /napa parts house.

I built the twin creeks solar cell plant there a few years back and went looking for a tube for the klr, walked into the kawasaki dealership and huh, heres a 990ADV on the floor. last I looked around november maybe they still carried ktm. but i dont remember a 990 there.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #4658
JustinT

Quote:
Originally Posted by max1138 View Post
oddly enough, look in senatobia ms down the road a bit from you, the dealer is right across from wallyworld oddly disguised as a kawasaki dealer /napa parts house.

I built the twin creeks solar cell plant there a few years back and went looking for a tube for the klr, walked into the kawasaki dealership and huh, heres a 990ADV on the floor. last I looked around november maybe they still carried ktm. but i dont remember a 990 there.
Yes Graham is the dealer for these parts. .. http://www.grahamktm.com/
Old 02-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #4659
Trialsbikeadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Awesome thanks guys!! I'm actually kinda looking for a 950 since the 990 had some FI issues (jerky etc.. low rpm) I am not opposed to a 990 though, because, that KTM dealer in senatobia (disguised as a napa) is where I call home 8-5 monday through friday That being said I have access to the KTM XC1 user setting tool and can "re-map" the FI, to make it tolerable.
I have seen the 1190, it will be out as '14 model but we don't plan to order any 1190's (or 990's or 690's or dukes's or rc8's) as the street stuff hasn't moved as well as the dirt stuff.
I have not been around that many 950/990's though and would gladly take any advice on what to watch out or look for. I'll definitely be buying used and hope to spend 6500 or less. but will go a bit higher if the right one catches my eye So if you guys could keep an eye out for me it'd be greatly appreciated! I of course am interested in the adventures, especially the "S" or "R" taller models although harder to find and might entertain the thought of a super-moto. So if you happen to see any of these floating around drop me a line Thanks all!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #4660
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer: 1,428
Quote:
So if you happen to see any of these floating around drop me a line Thanks all!!!!!!
Oh, this crew will be MORE than happy to help you spend money. They'll even show up when you test-ride something and then heckle you if you don't put a deposit down ON THE SPOT!!!

Just sayin...

Old 02-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #4661
JustinT

Quote:
Awesome thanks guys!! I'm actually kinda looking for a 950 since the 990 had some FI issues (jerky etc.. low rpm) I am not opposed to a 990 though, because, that KTM dealer in senatobia (disguised as a napa) is where I call home 8-5 monday through friday That being said I have access to the KTM XC1 user setting tool and can "re-map" the FI, to make it tolerable.
I have seen the 1190, it will be out as '14 model but we don't plan to order any 1190's (or 990's or 690's or dukes's or rc8's) as the street stuff hasn't moved as well as the dirt stuff.
I have not been around that many 950/990's though and would gladly take any advice on what to watch out or look for. I'll definitely be buying used and hope to spend 6500 or less. but will go a bit higher if the right one catches my eye So if you guys could keep an eye out for me it'd be greatly appreciated! I of course am interested in the adventures, especially the "S" or "R" taller models although harder to find and might entertain the thought of a super-moto. So if you happen to see any of these floating around drop me a line Thanks all!!!!!!
In sure you're following this thread, http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557571
And
Www.Ktm950.info
Old 02-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #4662
Trialsbikeadam
Gnarly Adventurer

[QUOTE=malibu_dan;20753998]Oh, this crew will be MORE than happy to help you spend money. They'll even show up when you test-ride something and then heckle you if you don't put a deposit down ON THE SPOT!!!

Just sayin...

HAHAHAHAHa well who doesn't need a little support from time to time! And who doesn't like shopping for a new bike!

I have seen the Orange Crush flea market thing but not the hall of wisdom!! That baby is already book marked

Thanks!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #4663
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer: 1,428
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHa well who doesn't need a little support from time to time! And who doesn't like shopping for a new bike!
I think there were six people from ADV all showed up at Performance when I went to just LOOK at a VStrom...
Old 02-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #4664
max1138
unsentinent wanderer

ktm dealer

OK, I am seriously wont for some timing here, lewis goes to work for the honnda/ yamaha dealer, adam works for the ktm dealer
and I bought a suzuki last march not knowing either.

on the other hand having fellow inmates working at various dealers around the area could prove benifical.
who want to go work at the bmw dealer...
Bill needs parts for the R1100 and I need a K1600GT at a severe (like 1/2 price would be the only way I could afford one) inmate discount.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #4665
Ninja_Girl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Working at the BMW dealership....hmmmmm....not a bad idea now that I inherited the F650GS from Adam. I might have to look at changing my name on ADV now that the Ninja is gone.
Ninja_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote